What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday bed 7.3 FBG 6.9

Final week of school run before mid term break!

B. TAG and on return 2 scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

L. Coconut milk.

D. DD parmesan chicken - I added mushrooms and reduced some dry white wine in it (not in the original recipe). Since I still had cauliflower "steak" left, I substituted that for the shredded cabbage (without parmesan this time as there was more than enough parmesan in the chicken dish).
20220207_184345.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Well - the frozen potato trick didn't work this time. BG currently 15.9 - that's 2 hours after eating. Ah well - back to the drawing board.

Reactions: DJC3

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Earlier there was some 90% Lindt. Supplies of that now exhausted and shall NOT be replenished!
@Goonergal Ah yes, I can just about control my Montezuma 100% intake, but since I scraped out the last of my almond butter I have had to vow, BUY NO MORE of that. Tuit nutrition has a video on Trigger Foods, but I hardly need to watch it. I ALREADY KNOW!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Monday bed 7.3 FBG 6.9

Final week of school run before mid term break!

B. TAG and on return 2 scrambled eggs with smoked salmon.

L. Coconut milk.

D. DD parmesan chicken - I added mushrooms and reduced some dry white wine in it (not in the original recipe). Since I still had cauliflower "steak" left, I substituted that for the shredded cabbage (without parmesan this time as there was more than enough parmesan in the chicken dish). View attachment 53280

Half term? Already?

Reactions: maglil55

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast before dance class
Early lunch of 4 chicken drumsticks and 6 olives, followed by some ff greek with seeds.
Second dance class
Dinner : pork chop with cabbage and "fridge gravel" aka all the sad ends of veg blitzed in food processor and cooked. This lot was cooked in leftover gravy. 1 scoop ice cream

7th day of negative covid tests, phew!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very small bit of yesterday’s crustless quiche for an early breakfast. Hiit session at 11am so needed to eat well before I started. I don’t usually eat beforehand but BG goes sky high afterwards so this was an attempt at minimising it. ( sort of worked)
L- smoked salmon, prawns, avocado ( an old one so, as expected not much edible) salad of rocket snd grated courgette with vinaigrette. Choc chia pud.
D- Salmon baked with lemon&garlic butter with chilli and flaked almonds. Green beans. Raspberries and cream.
@maglil55 I remember those DD recipes and jolly nice they were.
@Annb hugs to you, I’ll read your full story on the parallel chat in a bit.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
breakfast; low carb granola, a toasted slice of carbzone bread and butter
mocha
lunch; l/c crispbread, cream cheese, ham, protein bar
dinner; bacon and mushrooms on a cheesy potato skin (9 carbs) and a poached egg. h/m lime posset with berries
three squares of 90% lindt

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You make up a sugar free jelly with half pint boiling water then top up juice of one lemon to half a pint with cold water and put to cool. Use the grated zest of the lemon with small pot of double cream -300mls and beat until thick then slowly add cooled jelly liquid.
Can I ask which sugar free jelly you use and what size packet @shelley262 ? Looking for a lighter alternative to the carb free possets. Not much of a pudding person so these sound ideal.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
haslet @maglil55 ! The last time I saw that was when my Dad had it in his pack up in the 80's! Wrapped in a bread bag cos we weren't well off enough to afford cling film!:hilarious:

Reactions: maglil55

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Can I ask which sugar free jelly you use and what size packet @shelley262 ? Looking for a lighter alternative to the carb free possets. Not much of a pudding person so these sound ideal.
Hiya I use Hartley sugar free and use one sachet they are about one quid for 2 sachet pack. I use the lemon and lime onefor thelemon and lime jelly cream and find addingjuice and zest of a lemon makes it sharper and cream also balances it out.i also use raspberryone with frozen raspberries othersare orange, black currant and strawberry but not triedthem. Hope you find them fairly easily.they are 0.5 g of carb 100g made up but as I stretchwith cream theyare low carb I believe. Important thing is to coolthe jelly mix before whipping the cream and mixing together but not leaving it so long that it starts to set!

Reactions: Riva_Roxaban

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
DBF373E3-6164-4D75-A1CD-5FA4556EA25F.jpeg
3BA5C52B-5221-4432-9FE1-EE6FEF0FF455.jpeg

Lunch boiled eggs and salad amazing how different it tasted to the omelette and salad of yesterday despite same ingredients! Pudding yoghurt and a few raspberries
Dinner chicken that had been marinated in lots of 5 different Indian spices and olive oil then oven baked and served with salad and glass of dry white wine pudding LC blueberry crumble (I’m going to alternate my jelly creams as keep a while and provides variety that way)
Tomorrow at 8am my special firstbatch of lactobacillus Reuteri yoghurt finishes its 36 hour ferment so may be able to feature in my menus tomorrow says she madly crossing fingers when experimentation works it’s wonderful but will let you know!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 53284 View attachment 53285
Lunch boiled eggs and salad amazing how different it tasted to the omelette and salad of yesterday despite same ingredients! Pudding yoghurt and a few raspberries
Dinner chicken that had been marinated in lots of 5 different Indian spices and olive oil then oven baked and served with salad and glass of dry white wine pudding LC blueberry crumble (I’m going to alternate my jelly creams as keep a while and provides variety that way)
Tomorrow at 8am my special firstbatch of lactobacillus Reuteri yoghurt finishes its 36 hour ferment so may be able to feature in my menus tomorrow says she madly crossing fingers when experimentation works it’s wonderful but will let you know!

Lovely looking food and perfect eggs!
Keeping fingers crossed for the yoghurt.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a PE bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: ribs with runner beans and a couple of baby carrots followed by SF blackcurrant jelly and cream.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very small bit of yesterday’s crustless quiche for an early breakfast. Hiit session at 11am so needed to eat well before I started. I don’t usually eat beforehand but BG goes sky high afterwards so this was an attempt at minimising it. ( sort of worked)
L- smoked salmon, prawns, avocado ( an old one so, as expected not much edible) salad of rocket snd grated courgette with vinaigrette. Choc chia pud.
D- Salmon baked with lemon&garlic butter with chilli and flaked almonds. Green beans. Raspberries and cream.
@maglil55 I remember those DD recipes and jolly nice they were.
@Annb hugs to you, I’ll read your full story on the parallel chat in a bit.
When I was getting very frustrated at BGs rising after no food, 45 mins gym then 1 hr in pool, I found a little bit of carbs pre gym worked. Body was looking for something to burn. I tended to stick to things like a couple of oatcakes.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Annb it is . I count the weeks although it's easier with both in full time again.

Today's food - bed 7.3 FBG 6 2

B. TAG - 30g of that paleo muesli with coconut milk.
L. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa - Hubby was eating the last of the profiteroles and forced me to eat the last one

D. DD seafood salad - really nice. Salmon, prawns, lettuce, avocado, tomato, cucumber and I added Wensleydale with cranberries. Dressing is a mix of mayo, sour cream, garlic, lime juice, minced red onion.
View attachment 53288

Reactions: Annb

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was lurking and thought it rude not to post so:
3 x 750 mls Assam until 12.30 then 750 mls coffee with scoop of whey protein isolate and 15 mls cream blended in; 2 x babybel and an h/b egg. Small tin of tuna and mixed leaves; Duck breast salad

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hiya I use Hartley sugar free and use one sachet they are about one quid for 2 sachet pack. I use the lemon and lime onefor thelemon and lime jelly cream and find addingjuice and zest of a lemon makes it sharper and cream also balances it out.i also use raspberryone with frozen raspberries othersare orange, black currant and strawberry but not triedthem. Hope you find them fairly easily.they are 0.5 g of carb 100g made up but as I stretchwith cream theyare low carb I believe. Important thing is to coolthe jelly mix before whipping the cream and mixing together but not leaving it so long that it starts to set!
fantastic @shelley262 I'll definitely try that next week!