What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
How is this a winner?
I would say these make the overall situation a winner: child off at kindergarten, she is keen, lets go of hands, runs ahead and into classroom.
Have managed to make an appointment for chicken pox boy to visit school.
The food doesn't seem to be causing any issues with bg control. People vary enormously in the impact on their size/weight and bg for a given input of food/calories/carbs. If it ain't broken don't fix it springs to mind but I understand your concern. Anyhow, I hope that unpacks why I gave a winner.[/QUOTE]
Next HbA1c will show how things really are. Although the French out prediabetes slightly differently than UK. T2 here is above 55.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
[QUOTE="SlimLizzy,

Am beginning to think taking FBG is a useless habit as now I am either starving or stuffing all day. Seem to have lost all control over eating. Yesterday ate two, TWO whole packets of biscuits, far too many handfuls of peanuts, finished the bag, or might have been more, as well as all the icecream cones from the freezer. Had several glasses of wine too. Am still eating normal meals on top of the extras. I should be the size of a house.

How is this a winner?[/QUOTE]
In my book posting a blood sugar reading deserves a winner, the blood sugar reading can be high or low, but posting it is a positive move, we all know that so many outside of our control factors effect our levels, but posting helps those who are just starting out on this perilous journey.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

Shadow is first for food. She was sleeping on the swing when I woke up. I came out with a selection of four different dishes. Shadow took a taste out of each one and then chose her favourite and ate most of that.

Shadow left for a bit, then came back, and ate from another dish. Then she looks around. She's heard something, and walks away. BBCat is walking down the path. He is very early for breakfast.

There is no adverse reaction from Shadow, no lashing of her tail, so she seems to be relatively comfortable with BBCat coming for the food.

BBCat comes down garden path slowly. Polishes off four bowls wet food, one bowl of dry food. All the while him and I are having a slow blinking 'conversation'. Then...BBCat jumps on the swing. A first for him, and he is swinging away on my heavy wooden swing. He is sitting upright surveying 'his' garden. Then settles to sleep. But the problem is I cannot refill those cat bowls because they are immediately under him, and I usually do refills straight away first thing in the morning as The Parade of the Gingers is often next.

It is raining hard this morning so probably that is why BBCat chose to sit in the dry of the covered swing.

BBCat gets off swing an hour later and looks at the food bowls, surprised they are still empty, as if he expected them to fill up by themselves and he looks at me....

I go out with refills and BBCat runs past in front of me, stops for a second to look at me, and I am very aware he needs a good brushing with a wire brush. He would probably be half the size if I ever managed that. He hides in the undergrowth, but is out as soon as I get back inside. He has one bite out of each bowl and leaves. It is almost as if (I know he ate 5 bowls of food an hour earlier) he is beginning to understand he doesn't have to demolish every scrap of food he finds, because there will be more later.

Then in comes the gingers one by one.

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope of my scented pink lilac tree flowers. And Shadow!

Sun was out, but has retired back to bed. So the day is now cloudy. And at 7 am from my AH neighbour of the Fort Knox Fence comes the noisy crashing sounds of throwing pieces/lengths of wood around on his concrete drive. 7am?!?! So the sweet sounds of birds singing are now silenced for me as I have taken my sound processor off for the day now....

I need coffee with something extra added...

View attachment 54507
Pink lilac, smashing

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sunny Breckland Thursday here and for a few days ahead. Between Swipey's last few hours and some other issues I forget just now my fbg report says could do better but without any clues as to how. @gennepher amazing care for those animals which must be costing a fortune. Thanks for another majestic kaleidoscope. @dunelm thanks for the tree, enjoy the Caesar salad and protect that back. Youngest grandson and his sister here today and overnight. Tiring/challenging but absolutely a gift from God. @Jojo85 yesterday sounds like a good day despite the challenges. Wonderful to see you and that smiley @karen8967 . @Krystyna23040 thanks for the update on Hilary. I pray the op is a success as that phase must have been an ordeal however supportive her daughter has been,. Stay safe everyone, give life your own best shot but allow everyone else time, space, dignity and the respect they deserve - woke or not.
Caesar salad went down very well and just a short stroll yesterday

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from what looks to be a splendid day here in the not so dark and dangerous saaaf. A gentle day yesterday, slow walk and just 6000 steps for the full day. Lovely zoom call with Mrs Miggins who was being entertained to a “Greek night” later in the evening - sounds smashing. Probably just an excuse for not being able to juggle plates. South Gloucestershire today, visiting friends and hopefully to sample some farm shop goodies.
Art bit - Theresa Green, but not today. Have a smashing Friday if you can, wave and shout “Bon Weekend” to folk going to work. Koffy, Guatemala Elephant I think. Don’t mind if I do.

upload_2022-5-13_6-47-6.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from what looks to be a splendid day here in the not so dark and dangerous saaaf. A gentle day yesterday, slow walk and just 6000 steps for the full day. Lovely zoom call with Mrs Miggins who was being entertained to a “Greek night” later in the evening - sounds smashing. Probably just an excuse for not being able to juggle plates. South Gloucestershire today, visiting friends and hopefully to sample some farm shop goodies.
Art bit - Theresa Green, but not today. Have a smashing Friday if you can, wave and shout “Bon Weekend” to folk going to work. Koffy, Guatemala Elephant I think. Don’t mind if I do.

View attachment 54512
Sounds a good day @dunelm
Great windswept tree...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

When I woke up I could see Shadow was on my swing. So I got up to get her food. I went out with her food and cat bowl, and imagine my surprise when I saw it was BBCat on Shadow's cushion on my swing.

But immediately I got out of my door, Shadow was round my feet purring round my legs. She must have been under the swing.

I wasn't sure exactly how to deal with this.

So I put Shadow's food down first in its usual place, which was right in front of BBCat. I am inches away from BBCat and I was keeping an eye on both cats. Shadow surprised me because her body language seems to be completely comfortable in front of BBCat. Or she was being calmly assertive. And I have another sachet of cat food and a paper plate in my hand, which I grabbed on the way out when I realised that both black cats were there. All the while I am talking to BBCat, and slow blinking, but his eyes get bigger and bigger. I am opening his sachet of cat food, but just before his eyes get to the size of saucers, he leaps off the swing and hides in the undergrowth.

Immediately before he did that, Shadow had made a throat noise, which didn't appear aggressive. But it might have been an assertive, 'I'm eating first'.

All this literally took place in less than a minute.

I go up the garden path and BBCat comes out of the undergrowth immediately I put the paper plate and food down, but he waits to eat until I have got back to Shadow. I wait with Shadow until she has finished eating, then I go in, and leave both black cats to it.

A funny start to the day, because both black cats are behaving quite differently...

Even the Gingers who followed were behaving differently.

Mr Magpie has been absent, and NO he is not in BBCat's tummy. Mr Magpie is sourcing food elsewhere. I watched Mr Magpie, yesterday afternoon, walking up and down the driveways of all the bungalows over the road (he didn't fly because I assume that attracts attention), just walked up the driveways which don't have cars (this means no people occupants) and which have open top windows (I have no idea why people leave their top windows open when they are out at work all day...) and then Mr Magpie taking advantage of the situation... BBCat has been a visible presence a lot recently, and Mr Magpie doesn't trust BBCat.

Only Mr Heffalump was completely unaffected and feasted himself on the peanuts, and other bird foods on the bird table

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. I have a rose bush which still has bright red rose hips on it. And I put both Shadow and BBCat on it.

Time for a relaxing cuppa...

image.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen,
Good Morning that’s assumption number 1
Ladies and Gentlemen that’s assumption number 2
In that vein me, me’s and myself will assume today is Friday.
Blood sugars this morning were 6.2, that’s not an assumption, at that instant it was fact.
Stay safe all.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Very early dog walk as the boiler engineer is due any time from 8am. Quite a chilly breeze but lovely and sunny.

The boiler is in the office so I hope it doesn't take too long as I have lots of admin to do.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another SSAF - with avo, toasted pine nuts and Parmesan shavings (#TrulyBlessed) - here in the (not) Exotic East. What's on offer where you are or will be? No Swipey no fulminate - Bob missed a trick there IMVHO. @gennepher another wonderfully detailed garden story reminding me how little attention I pay to wildlife. Today's kaleidoscope reminds me of a roulette wheel, at least from the images I have seen of one. @dunelm good news on the Caesar salad - minus croutons I trust - and the cautious step count. @Krystyna23040 I'm sure we all hope the boiler is fixed in double quick time but maybe have a coffee or two until then? My but life has moved on apace since we first became parents. Disposable nappies, microwave sterilisers, Alexa drop in on Baby's room (West Wing in the D and D Norf?), Alexa play gentle lullabies - no getting up @ 3.30 am:woot:. Stay safe but if you will excuse me I need to rip up various protocols I freely agreed, starting with paying for fuel, shopping and Sky - intolerable burdens. Terms and conditions aren’t for people like me..:D

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I would say these make the overall situation a winner: child off at kindergarten, she is keen, lets go of hands, runs ahead and into classroom.
Have managed to make an appointment for chicken pox boy to visit school.
The food doesn't seem to be causing any issues with bg control. People vary enormously in the impact on their size/weight and bg for a given input of food/calories/carbs. If it ain't broken don't fix it springs to mind but I understand your concern. Anyhow, I hope that unpacks why I gave a winner.
Next HbA1c will show how things really are. Although the French out prediabetes slightly differently than UK. T2 here is above 55.[/QUOTE]

Was a lot of positives in the original post @SlimLizzy
But I did feel the pain, too

Interesting point about the French levels

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 54512
While the cats away, it does seem like you've had a blooming good time, too.

Your very own RBR.:D

Man hugs for the back pain..ouch.

Enjoy the day :)

Reactions: ianpspurs

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another SSAF - with avo, toasted pine nuts and Parmesan shavings (#TrulyBlessed) - here in the (not) Exotic East. What's on offer where you are or will be? No Swipey no fulminate - Bob missed a trick there IMVHO. @gennepher another wonderfully detailed garden story reminding me how little attention I pay to wildlife. Today's kaleidoscope reminds me of a roulette wheel, at least from the images I have seen of one. @dunelm good news on the Caesar salad - minus croutons I trust - and the cautious step count. @Krystyna23040 I'm sure we all hope the boiler is fixed in double quick time but maybe have a coffee or two until then? My but life has moved on apace since we first became parents. Disposable nappies, microwave sterilisers, Alexa drop in on Baby's room (West Wing in the D and D Norf?), Alexa play gentle lullabies - no getting up @ 3.30 am:woot:. Stay safe but if you will excuse me I need to rip up various protocols I freely agreed, starting with paying for fuel, shopping and Sky - intolerable burdens. Terms and conditions aren’t for people like me..:D

A late post but good to hear driving less of an issue

And yeah, those pesky agreements we freely sign up to ...just so last year .

Rip em up, it's the latest trend :headphone:

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

When I woke up I could see Shadow was on my swing. So I got up to get her food. I went out with her food and cat bowl, and imagine my surprise when I saw it was BBCat on Shadow's cushion on my swing.

But immediately I got out of my door, Shadow was round my feet purring round my legs. She must have been under the swing.

I wasn't sure exactly how to deal with this.

So I put Shadow's food down first in its usual place, which was right in front of BBCat. I am inches away from BBCat and I was keeping an eye on both cats. Shadow surprised me because her body language seems to be completely comfortable in front of BBCat. Or she was being calmly assertive. And I have another sachet of cat food and a paper plate in my hand, which I grabbed on the way out when I realised that both black cats were there. All the while I am talking to BBCat, and slow blinking, but his eyes get bigger and bigger. I am opening his sachet of cat food, but just before his eyes get to the size of saucers, he leaps off the swing and hides in the undergrowth.

Immediately before he did that, Shadow had made a throat noise, which didn't appear aggressive. But it might have been an assertive, 'I'm eating first'.

All this literally took place in less than a minute.

I go up the garden path and BBCat comes out of the undergrowth immediately I put the paper plate and food down, but he waits to eat until I have got back to Shadow. I wait with Shadow until she has finished eating, then I go in, and leave both black cats to it.

A funny start to the day, because both black cats are behaving quite differently...

Even the Gingers who followed were behaving differently.

Mr Magpie has been absent, and NO he is not in BBCat's tummy. Mr Magpie is sourcing food elsewhere. I watched Mr Magpie, yesterday afternoon, walking up and down the driveways of all the bungalows over the road (he didn't fly because I assume that attracts attention), just walked up the driveways which don't have cars (this means no people occupants) and which have open top windows (I have no idea why people leave their top windows open when they are out at work all day...) and then Mr Magpie taking advantage of the situation... BBCat has been a visible presence a lot recently, and Mr Magpie doesn't trust BBCat.

Only Mr Heffalump was completely unaffected and feasted himself on the peanuts, and other bird foods on the bird table

Creative today is a kaleidoscope in Laboscope. I have a rose bush which still has bright red rose hips on it. And I put both Shadow and BBCat on it.

Time for a relaxing cuppa...

View attachment 54513

A delight to read :happy:

The wonders & mysteries of what is actually going on In any animal interaction

Oh to be Dr Doolittle, even if only for just one day .

Shadow would make a decent little picture book, I'd say :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Afternoon all.

A few days of FBG all bar one low 7's
I did get a 6.4 other day, but only after I was so bushed from the day I went to bed very early, and slept beyond midday the next day.
(Amitriptyline doesn't work for me like a knock out pill, but once I do drop off..Zzzx is very strong )

Meds, outpatients, exercises, life...all get mixed up and affect each other

Too much of anything, and exercising while in pain makes little sense yet I know I need the strengthening such exercises bring, so I can do all the things I want to do again :banghead:

A vicious circle if ever I saw one.

In other news, PTSD therapy moving onwards
Quandary being put to me is I seem reluctant to talk of 'that moment'.

Because when I do, I can get all choked, so not pleasant..
and for those around me, I get it

They asked those few early days, ( and I'm so grateful for that), got the info they needed, and saw the effect on me, so don't mention it now

So my conundrum..

* I don't want to keep opening 'that' door.
* They surely don't want to keep hearing about it
* And I can't afford to give good people a reason NOT to come round or meet up with me.

But I'm advised to not avoid it and talk more about it :sorry:

But for my woes, I know others have worse worries
Cousin in Birmingham, my age collapsed punctured lung they say.
ICU, coma.

Been on ventilation & left unconscious to rest
Time came to remove it yesteday & try waking him

Thrashed while they tried .
To stressful for him they said, so left in situ.

Got text today saying tube is out & he's breathing just on oxygen
Aware (TG ) but not fully awake yet they say

Pray for better days to come for him & family

Better news for me, didn't have any attention span or appetite for things I used to enjoy
A film TV show or book of late

Laurens got a trial of apple TV.
So quietly enjoying their version of Asimov's FOUNDATION

So maybe a little light Is slowly creeping back in

Hand, shoulder & leg, slow improvements says every one ..but improving none the less

I'll take that, today .

Enjoy the day, all :)