Can Anyone Help Please - Event/meeting 1st September- Birmingham

Status
Not open for further replies.

carol43

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a really figures hugging dress that I can wear but to tell the truth I feel a bit old to wear it. Just to let you know I will require two tickets. Before and after pictures will be ready this week-end.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I've got a really figures hugging dress that I can wear but to tell the truth I feel a bit old to wear it. Just to let you know I will require two tickets. Before and after pictures will be ready this week-end.
You are never too old. I'm probably taking a couple of bits. A figure hugging dress. And tight trousers and top. It's how I feel on the day as to what I will wear. I will check with dcuk re agenda then we at least know what's what.

Reactions: shelley262

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
2 tickets coming your way. No rush re pics.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the big clothes thing will make a good photo, and I’m really impressed by the achievements of so many here who’ve lost staggering amounts of weight, but I’d just like to reiterate what one or 2 others have said - about this not being just another weight loss programme. It’s so much more than that!

I love the lchf woe but haven’t been using it to lose weight ( I’d already lost a couple of excess stone due to illness) I eat tons but most important ( for me anyway) is the reduction in HbA1C from 66 last Sept to my current MySugr estimate of 34.0 It’s something I didn’t think was possible ( and my GP told me as much).
I’m just a teensy bit concerned that this most important aspect will be overshadowed by the before and after weight loss aspect - the same as you see at Weight Watchers type meetings where there is a life size carboard model of the Leader before she slimmed down.
Is there room for sucess stories which don’t include a massive weight loss?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I know the big clothes thing will make a good photo, and I’m really impressed by the achievements of so many here who’ve lost staggering amounts of weight, but I’d just like to reiterate what one or 2 others have said - about this not being just another weight loss programme. It’s so much more than that!

I love the lchf woe but haven’t been using it to lose weight ( I’d already lost a couple of excess stone due to illness) I eat tons but most important ( for me anyway) is the reduction in HbA1C from 66 last Sept to my current MySugr estimate of 34.0 It’s something I didn’t think was possible ( and my GP told me as much).
I’m just a teensy bit concerned that this most important aspect will be overshadowed by the before and after weight loss aspect - the same as you see at Weight Watchers type meetings where there is a life size carboard model of the Leader before she slimmed down.

I completely get you on that that's why the success stories I'm including are not only of weight loss but hba1c levels with little weight loss. I know it seems we are focusing on the weight loss which I suppose we are for the photos but there is a bigger picture (literally) which will be made clear to all present. The weight loss is just the icing on the low carb cake. We are on DCUK to help control our BS and we have done that and much much more.

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Oh don’t worry, I for one want my HbA1c readings in lights! :joyful: Red, orange and green, green, green and green, like my signature!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
There are probably a few diabetes support groups on facebook (I'm a member of two and am happy to post details of the event once a time and venue have been sorted) whose members would be interested. If you choose more general groups, rather than ones specifically for low carbers it should attract some who aren't yet converted!
Brilliant thanks. I'm just hanging fire on advertising until venue booked and they let me know how many we can invite. Any minute now I'm expecting confirmation.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh don’t worry, I for one want my HbA1c readings in lights! :joyful: Red, orange and green, green, green and green, like my signature!
Me too!!! So proud. Dr and nurse were very very impressed today :)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez and @Rachox thanks for the reassurance and I certainly don’t want to downplay the amazing weightloss achievements of so many people.
(And I’m certainly not wearing lycra!)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Debandez and @Rachox thanks for the reassurance and I certainly don’t want to downplay the amazing weightloss achievements of so many people.
(And I’m certainly not wearing lycra!)

We will certainly get our message across....And not in any form of protective clothing!

Kaity Thorpe

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi
I was diagnosed on the 18 January this year. I had a HbA1C of 103. I joined this forum and read that LCHF could help to put diabetes into remission. I immediately went LCHF, alongside intermittent fasting (16:8). In April my HbA1C was 51 and I’d lost around 4 stone. This week, my latest HbA1C is 41 and weight loss is 7 stone. I still have a couple of stone to lose and hope my HbA1C will drop further. This is all down to this forum, without whom, I’d never hav known that it’s possible to put Type 2 diabetes into remission.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
I was diagnosed on the 18 January this year. I had a HbA1C of 103. I joined this forum and read that LCHF could help to put diabetes into remission. I immediately went LCHF, alongside intermittent fasting (16:8). In April my HbA1C was 51 and I’d lost around 4 stone. This week, my latest HbA1C is 41 and weight loss is 7 stone. I still have a couple of stone to lose and hope my HbA1C will drop further. This is all down to this forum, without whom, I’d never hav known that it’s possible to put Type 2 diabetes into remission.

@Kaity Thorpe I had to read that twice to see if I had got it right!

You have brought your HBA1C right back down to normal in a short space of time. Your BS are very well controlled thanks to all your hard work. Plus you have lost an average a stone a month for 7 months. That too is an awesome result. PHENOMINAL. You must be floating on air. Well done. This forum has helped so many take back control and regain their health. It's such an amazing resource.

Would it be ok to use your journey in my inspirational stories section for our event? That HBA1C drop is amazing in itself! And there is a section including before and after pics too if you are interested.

A massive well done to you once again.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I love Michael O'Leary, he has saved me a fortune (my family are from Dublin) the strike won't last :)

I added comments in between yours. I should have said. Hope you are ok.

lessci

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi @Debandez You've planned all this while I've been on holiday, if you've any spaces left can I have a ticket please.

Thanks

Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez You've planned all this while I've been on holiday, if you've any spaces left can I have a ticket please.

Thanks
Hi @lessci thanks for your reply. Great that you would love to join us. Unfortunately I've had to pop your name on a waiting list for the time being and won't be able to confirm until DCUK let us know the max we can invite. I will let you know as soon as possible. It's great isn't it the prospect of a get together. I will be in touch asap. I hope you had a wonderful holiday.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi
Kaity you’ve done so well how impressive is your progress! Hope your coming along to the meet up I live in Worcestershire too would be great to meet you. You’re clearly well on the way with a drop of hbaca1 from 103 to 41 congratulations.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
I added comments in between yours. I should have said. Hope you are ok.

Hi Debandez I really want to go to this on 1st September but need to know in advance whereit is and times as, as I have mobility problems I want to come up the night before to stay in a nearby hotel can you please pass me more information when you have it as I need to book my travel in advance please. Thank goodness for edit button.

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Debandez I really want to go to this on 1st September but need to know in advance we here it is and times as, as I have mobility problems I want to come up the night before to stay in a nearby hotel can you please pardon more information weed hen you have it as I need to book my travel in advance please.

Thank you

Of course I will. I'm just about to post a little more info.Watch this space.

Reactions: Motherhen2014
Status
Not open for further replies.