What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Hooty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Hooty I share your pain. I read this thread every day, yet I only know a few of those.

I have read the definitions before, (and again just now, thanks to @ianpspurs) but I forget them again just as quickly.
Nowadays, I just gloss over them, rather than having to translate each entry. :)

The only one I think I ever use, is the NE, but (thanks to @DCUKMod) I always think of it as 'nosebag event'. Haha!

I could only come up with ‘Not Eating’ for NE, which clearly wasn’t right!

Reactions: ianpspurs and Chook

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Hooty I share your pain. I read this thread every day, yet I only know a few of those.

I have read the definitions before, (and again just now, thanks to @ianpspurs) but I forget them again just as quickly.
Nowadays, I just gloss over them, rather than having to translate each entry. :)

The only one I think I ever use, is the NE, but (thanks to @DCUKMod) I always think of it as 'nosebag event'. Haha!

Thanks to @DCUKMod NE will for me too, always be Nosebag Event. Great phrase.

Reactions: gennepher

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I am so cold today and I don't know why!! The thermometer tells me it's warmish but I'm all bundled up for winter. Maybe I'm joining @maglil55 and coming down with something.

Breakfast: usual egg mayo on crackerbread - this raised BG by 1.6 at 2 hours PP - not good. Obviously didn't stop the DP. I think I'm going to have to go back to (boring) bacon and eggs for breakfast next week

Lunch: cream cheese on celery and maybe a square or two of Green & Blacks

Dinner: hot ham hock and a basic lettuce, tomato and spring onion salad

Dessert: blackberries and Greek yoghurt

Drinks: black decaff coffee and still spring water

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have no idea what I am coming down with. A chesty cough that empties my bladder each time, despite trying to suck cough sweets. I am miserable, hugging a hot water bottle. Every part of me hurts. Every joint is like someone is jabbing knives in...

What have I eaten?
I wanted to eat nothing. But I was worried doing that with the diabetes.

I managed to eat two cold hard boiled eggs, and few slivers of hard cheese. I had a spoonful of branston pickle coleslaw, but that did not make my tums happy.

I have only drunk tea and water. But I am trying a coffee with cream...

Can I go to sleep until tomorrow? It’s only 4pm....

Take care
>^..^<

Reactions: Viv19

Viv19

I have no idea what I am coming down with. A chesty cough that empties my bladder each time, despite trying to suck cough sweets. I am miserable, hugging a hot water bottle. Every part of me hurts. Every joint is like someone is jabbing knives in...

What have I eaten?
I wanted to eat nothing. But I was worried doing that with the diabetes.

I managed to eat two cold hard boiled eggs, and few slivers of hard cheese. I had a spoonful of branston pickle coleslaw, but that did not make my tums happy.

I have only drunk tea and water. But I am trying a coffee with cream...

Can I go to sleep until tomorrow? It’s only 4pm....

Take care
>^..^<

Poor girl. I am sorry. Take care of yourself, cuddle up in bed with a hot water bottle or similar to keep warm, soft pillows and enough blankets.
Do you take medicine for your diabetes that you need to balance out? Otherwise I would suggest drink as much as you can, take some paracetamol if that’s possible. Nibble if you can, if not keep drinking.
Lots of fluid can also help your cough to be more productive. Big hug

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Poor girl. I am sorry. Take care of yourself, cuddle up in bed with a hot water bottle or similar to keep warm, soft pillows and enough blankets.
Do you take medicine for your diabetes that you need to balance out? Otherwise I would suggest drink as much as you can, take some paracetamol if that’s possible. Nibble if you can, if not keep drinking.
Lots of fluid can also help your cough to be more productive. Big hug

Ah, forgot about that ...”Do you take medicine for your diabetes that you need to balance out?”...

I have a leaflet about that pinned to the kitchen wall. Thanks for reminding me.

Yes, I have prescription paracetamol....

Thank you very much x

>^..^<

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Went a bit off piste last night after posting and ate way too many nuts and too much cream, so a bit more restrained today.

Lunch was M&S Serrano ham and manchego cheese rollitos and a 28g bag of Brazil nuts.

Dinner was slow roasted lamb shoulder - one of the pieces bought yesterday.

@gennepher hope you feel better soon.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m still traumatised by that slug, you know.

(Deliberately NOT posting a pic, because it would probably pop up on the App feed, and I wouldn’t do that to you all)

Today:
NE1: bone broth
NE2: 2 squares 70% - just as good as I remember
NE3: will be oxtail :D

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher sorry to hear you are so unwell. I hope you can at least keep your fluids going in. Melting a square of chocolate on your tongue isvery soothing for a cough.
Hope you get some quality sleep and Popeye looks out for you. Hugs from afar.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ah, forgot about that ...”Do you take medicine for your diabetes that you need to balance out?”...

I have a leaflet about that pinned to the kitchen wall. Thanks for reminding me.

Yes, I have prescription paracetamol....

Thank you very much x

>^..^<

@Viv19

I am very glad you pointed me to diabetic medication I might need to balance out. That piece of paper I had been given had more meds I had that I am taking that I needed to stop taking for a few days.

I am never ill, so I completely forgot about this piece of paper.
Thank you again xxx

>^..^<

Reactions: Chook and Viv19

Viv19

I’m still traumatised by that slug, you know.

(Deliberately NOT posting a pic, because it would probably pop up on the App feed, and I wouldn’t do that to you all)

Today:
NE1: bone broth
NE2: 2 squares 70% - just as good as I remember
NE3: will be oxtail :D

@Brunneria. Apart from the chocolate, that sounds pretty sparse!

Reactions: gennepher

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Currently feeling ever so slightly soiled nutritionally but happy with a long lost fave taste - score draw. EoDNV (event of dubious nutritional value) around 18.10 today. 1 Morliny smoked connective tissue sausage which had been defrosting - juicy, tasty, cheap, low carb but very slightly sordid - while main meal cooking. 3 fried eggs, 6 slices finbrogue bacon, 3 or 4 portobello mushrooms, Milky's hallum chips and the treat - 1 tbls Heinz reduced sugar and salt tomato ketchup. 2 x 1.5 pint mugs of tea. I did have a CWC about midday. Probably digest the food then use Chelsea v ? to motivate me on exercise bike which may make me hungry. Sorry @Goonergal but my 2 CFC supporting sons and their mate (call me Seb) will sway my allegiance.
ETA: Connective tissue sausage was defrosting for the dog but she had the awful brisket instead.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs so glad you added the beanz to your meal and can well imagine they were delicious. Did the sugar and salt free version hit the spot or is thisthe version you always liked? I had a wedge of M&S quiche Lorrainewith the outside crust cut off with a cup of tea at lunchtime. Just needed an easy tasty option today and you know what sometimes we just have to indulge that fancy.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher sorry to hear about your bug hope you feel better soon
@Chook with you on the feeling cold today had to bring my padded jacket out of its retirement! Week today will be in southern Spain flying from Doncaster with mum and hoping padded jacket will be back into retirement again by then !
Breakfast bacon, egg and a few lc seeded crispbreads
No lunch had to rush out to sort out family/caring stuff
Dinner lamb chops, cauliflower cheese and asparagus with glass of ‘medicinal merlot’ followed by my instant lc semi Fredo raspberry ice cream and just now coffee and two squares of 100% choc.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs so glad you added the beanz to your meal and can well imagine they were delicious. Did the sugar and salt free version hit the spot or is thisthe version you always liked? I had a wedge of M&S quiche Lorrainewith the outside crust cut off with a cup of tea at lunchtime. Just needed an easy tasty option today and you know what sometimes we just have to indulge that fancy.
It was ketchup which I have had before but not for a long time - no idea what hit the spot means but guess it means satisfy? Hope the eye is not too painful and the course of treatment works. Glad you enjoyed the quiche but, as I am sure you are aware. real men don't eat quiche:angelic:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold Chinese style chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: M&S meatzza with a side salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

8F8F40DF-787C-40D3-8A18-863D75BE6A8C.jpeg