What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was ketchup which I have had before but not for a long time - no idea what hit the spot means but guess it means satisfy? Hope the eye is not too painful and the course of treatment works. Glad you enjoyed the quiche but, as I am sure you are aware. real men don't eat quiche:angelic:
Ha silly me...its sooo obvious when I read it back. Well the same rules apply IMO sometimes you just need a little of something to perk you up.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox The meatzza looks nice...how many carbs?
@gennepher Hope you start to feel better soon.

B: Lemon chia with raspberry compote. Black coffee.
L: Coronation chicken, avocado, cherry toms, salad leaves. 1 square of 85% Lindt.
D: Leek, mushroom, bacon and cheddar frittata with hm coleslaw and salad leaves. SF jelly. 1 square of 75% M&S choc. Decaf coffee with cream.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Rachox do you have a pic of the nutrition info for that meattza from M&S?

Editing to say sorry, hadn’t read rest of thread. A bit carb heavy for me. What is in it to add so so many carbs?

Reactions: gennepher

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fished out of the recycling, especially for you @Goonergal ! ;)

3D351C01-FF7A-4F97-A38F-49221CF284AB.jpeg
@Rachox do you have a pic of the nutrition info for that meattza from M&S?

Editing to say sorry, hadn’t read rest of thread. A bit carb heavy for me. What is in it to add so so many carbs?

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fished out of the recycling, especially for you @Goonergal ! ;)

View attachment 33252

Thanks. Looks like it’s the ‘gluten free crumb’ stacking up the carbs. Google reveals a pepperoni version with slightly fewer carbs (only get the sugars, but those are slightly lower). I’d probably eat the whole thing so a tad high for me, but good to know in case of need! Good to take to a shared lunch.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 boiled eggs with lc seedy crackers. Cwc
L: Smoked mackerel on flaxseed bun with horseradish mustard mixed with mayo. Some walnuts and a handful of Callebaut 100% chocolate buttons afterwards
D: DD lasagna with salad and a glass of red.
Got the granddaughters round for a sleepover tonight so will have to dash off and referee a different sort of match in a minute I can tell.
@gennepher I’m hoping you are sleeping by now but that you wake up feeling a lot better
@Rachox what was the M&S meatzza like? Ive seen it in there.
@shelley262 I hope the lunchtime emergency dash is sorted out. Roll on your trip to the sun. We are off to the Scottish Highlands on Sat - not expecting much sunshine but hopefully the scenery and maybe a glimpse of a Sea Eagle will make up for it.
@ianpspurs I heard on the radio this aft that 1 portobello mushroom has as much potassium as a banana - I think I remember you mentioning that was one of the elements you were struggling to get your rda on a lchf diet? If so I’m sure you cracked it today.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Smoked mackerel on flaxseed bun with horseradish mustard mixed with mayo. Some walnuts and a handful of Callebaut 100% chocolate buttons afterwards
Got the granddaughters round for a sleepover tonight so will have to dash off and referee a different sort of match in a minute I can tell.
@gennepher I’m hoping you are sleeping by now but that you wake up feeling a lot better
@shelley262 I hope the lunchtime emergency dash is sorted out. Roll on your trip to the sun. We are off to the Scottish Highlands on Sat - not expecting much sunshine but hopefully the scenery and maybe a glimpse of a Sea Eagle will make up for it.
@ianpspurs I heard on the radio this aft that 1 portobello mushroom has as much potassium as a banana - I think I remember you mentioning that was one of the elements you were struggling to get your rda on a lchf diet? If so I’m sure you cracked it today.
Thanks @DJC3 just usual stuff think probably because getting closer to going away! Scotland sounds great I loved my trip up north. Interesting about mushrooms I love them.

Viv19

Eating was boring today, I really had no idea.
Tea, cwc
Lunch LC bread with Camembert and blue cheese
Yoghurt and berries
More tea and cwc
Nuts and a few cubes of cheese.
Dinner. I was looking for bol sauce in the freezer. Didn’t find any but I did find a beef and mushroom casserole, enough for both of us. I had mine with mashed cauliflower.
Lots of tea.
I feel as though I’m fighting off a cold. Sniffy, achey and tired. Perhaps I’ll beat it??? First Defence to the rescue. Plus Vit C.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From anything I can find I would need to eat 1kg of portobello mushrooms to reach my rda - not that I would mind but we don't grow mushrooms. Alternative is 1200 gms spinach!

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've been intrigued by the new alternative abbreviations for meal times and Nosebag Events really made me smile! But NE will always mean North East on the compass to me so I couldn't ever use it for this purpose. However, one of my previous little dogs always responded to "Tasty Nosh" for his dinners :hungry:, so my abbreviation of choice will have to be TNT = Tasty Nosh Time(s)... Perhaps also describing an explosion of low carb flavours?

( I expect you can tell I didn't have much else to spend (AKA waste) my time on yesterday!)

Robbity

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid at the bowls club, battered flathead fillets (sans batter) salad.
Dinner: Last of the rump steak till our meat order gets delivered today, veggies.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, fatty bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea, no sugar / sweeteners, water, low carb beer.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
I officially give up lolol! I am 73 posts behind or likely 100. I will never catch up! I'd certainly love to. But I was living here, and the pendulum has swung the other way for a time.
And my food train has jumped the track besides. No bad carbs at all but WAY too much of correct foods. I will try again tomorrow.
Meanwhile, today, while munching and TNT-ing frequently today, I reclaimed the living room as a living area (now that it's summer and we live on the porch...) by the simple expedient of putting everything that was lying around waiting to be returned, or to be used by Mom (no longer needs it) in the Goodwill pile in my "spare storage" out in the driveway. (Spare storage= a dead 1994 Volvo wagon that I can't get rid of yet bc we need the storage space, I kid you not!!)
All are sleeping well, I hope zzzzzzzz

Viv19

From anything I can find I would need to eat 1kg of portobello mushrooms to reach my rda - not that I would mind but we don't grow mushrooms. Alternative is 1200 gms spinach!

And perhaps avocados, yoghurt, broccoli, tomato sauce. Just saying. 1200 gms of spinach is rather daunting.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Re Meatza have a look at Nigella’s recipe which I think can be tweaked to your liking without crumbs. Re spinach I can never get enough and buy a very large bag each week at Sainsburys which wilted down gives me 3/4 meals since it melts away. I also love mushrooms and eggs and that trinity in any combo is my favourite food.
Btw had a spinach omelette last night.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Back to basics....

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: Egg mayo and ham

Dinner: Lamb ribs

Drinks: black decaff coffee and still spring water

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Back to basics....

Breakfast: bacon and eggs

Lunch: Egg mayo and ham

Dinner: Lamb ribs

Drinks: black decaff coffee and still spring water

And my BG is STILL going up and up. Definitely brewing a bug - just in time for going on holiday tomorrow. Great!

Reactions: gennepher and Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, todays food:
NE1: Usual 1 slice HiLo toast, butter, tea.
NE2: Tinned salmon, mixed salad, mayo.
NE3: Either small portion chilli already made with courgetti or roasted aubergine, red onion, 1 tomatoe and maybe a few mushrooms. Thursday is empty the fridge day lol.
@Chook hope you aregoing to be ok for your holiday.
Best wishes to all.