What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo that meat looks awesome as does that pudding @Viv19
@Brunneria sounds like you earnt that choc well done hinting that work deadline always a good feeling.
@gennepher and @maglil55 hope you keep improving over next fewdays
Another busy day today but writing this with my feet in a foot spa that I’ve had for years but forgot all about - I thought should give my feet a pre hols treat and it’s wonderful can almost feel it bringing my stress - and hopefully bg! - levels down!
Breakfast bacon and egg
Lunch range of cheeses, celery, a few nuts and lc seeded crispbreads and coffee with cream and four squares of 100% choc
Dinner two dry white wine spritzers, salmon with seaweed, chives and lemon butter with asparagus and cauliflower followed by sf jelly with spoon of Greek yoghurt and spoon of extra thick double cream.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Babybel cheeses with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cold piri piri chicken with leafy salad, cucumber, two baby plum tomatoes, coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Single NE around 7.45 this evening of salmon fillet, spinach and mushrooms with tartare sauce followed by Fage 5% and stewed rhubarb. Single NE day due to rearranged timetable for grandchildren sitting and ferrying grandson to stage school in Newmarket before bringing 2 grandchildren home for 2 nights. Started the day with hip problem - struggled to put left sock on - so ending with strawberries for 65 p a punnet from W and P + those 2 safe and secure makes it a score draw. Hope all those under the weather perk up enough to enjoy the sun over the next couple of days.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today is the first day since stopping metformin that Ive managed to stay in the 5s all day. Have been getting a fair few 7s after previously safe meals, hope it’s a sign that things are settling down and my liver doesn’t feel the need to overreact quite so dramatically to any tiny stimulus. Just CWC this morning
NE1 Spinach, mushroom and feta omelette.
NE2 Polpetti soup - like minestrone with meatballs. Removed all the pasta from my dish.
Played pass the parcel and won a Kinder chocolate which smelt divine but was able to pass it off to a granddaughter as a prize for a different game later.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugar / sweeteners, water.

Tomorrows what did I eat food list will be in Pitjantjatjara...

Viv19

Tea
Physio
Cwc
Brunch bread with cheese, yoghurt with berries
Then we were at a niece’s wedding.
Lots of champagne. Lots of wine.
I was very self controlled and just watched everyone eating wonderful cakes including the wedding cake. I had coffee.
For dinner: I gave the bread and interesting looking pate a miss. Ate a fabulous light wild garlic soup. As a part time veggie I plowed my way through a fillet steak with herb butter and mangetout, left the jacket potato looking sad on my plate. (I love jacket potatoes) There was fish on the menu but I thought the meat would fill me more. Wine plus hungry = dangerous!
Then the gorgeous dessert, picture before. The creamy looking cream was actually a white chocolate cream.
I managed to say no to pizza that passed around at about midnight.
Bg this morning was 5.7 - the absolute lowest since I started testing.
When’s the next celebration?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs hope you had an easier time getting your socks on today. I take my hat off to you being able to do so much on one meal. I do worry its not enough for a man but I know you are very careful to track your nutrition.
My supper last night was a disaster insofar as it was Chicken Tikka and cauli bhajee which is usually doable but for many unforeseen reasons I didnt get to eat it till 9.30 by which time I was ravenous. So of course restless night and bad FBG followed.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs hope you had an easier time getting your socks on today. I take my hat off to you being able to do so much on one meal. I do worry its not enough for a man but I know you are very careful to track your nutrition.
My supper last night was a disaster insofar as it was Chicken Tikka and cauli bhajee which is usually doable but for many unforeseen reasons I didnt get to eat it till 9.30 by which time I was ravenous. So of course restless night and bad FBG followed.
Hug for restless night and fbg. Thanks for the kind thoughts. I am pretty certain my food intake is too low in terms of energy but it is about all I can tolerate of the more calorific LC and I don't see any point in forcing myself to eat more. The trade off is my body finds ways of shutting down every 10 days to fortnight and probably releases too much glucose each morning just to be "helpful" Yesterday's hip issue was a shut down message so I didn't do any exercise and today's 5.7 fbg from a huge cal deficit was probably very predictable.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
2 posts in a row - sorry. Food today was what I wanted from the LC larder, cals, carbs or no. Lots of tea from wake up grandad time (5.30) until lunchtime around 1.20. That NE was extra large flaxseed cracker, president butter, radish, cucumber, cherry tomato and W1 Kaltbach cheese. NE2 was an avocado and mackerel fillets in OO salad - radish, cucumber, celery, cherry tomato and baby spinach, baby kale, mizuna and ruby red chard drenched in OO, ACV and dijon mustard dressing. Right now grandson is making his baby sister roar with laughter and all is right with life. Bath time next then footy. I would obviously like Spurs to win but I can't see how that would improve life really. I can only hope you all had even a few moments like those children have given me today.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Food eaten today
Nearly forgot

2 cubes chocolate

2 boiled eggs
Bacon bits
2tablesp coleslaw

Second meal the same (because I am using up coleslaw and bacon)

I babybel

Water with pinch salt or lemon in
Several mugs of tea with a drop of cream

Tummy doing the rumbles and grumbles because I am eating food again. It'll get used to it.

That's it.

Ah, I always have a spoonful of double cream when I put a few drops in the tea!
Naughty but nice!

>^..^<

P.S. Just remembered 3 M&S butter mintoes. These help stop a bad bout of coughing.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed Thursday 7.2 FBG 6.8. Still feel ghastly. Got the boys to school then back home to curl up for a couple of hours before it's time to pick them up again. It's Lego Club Day and son got in touch to ask me to watch the boys tonight as their babysitter has gone down with this bug now. Decided next going there was better as at least I won't get wakened between 5 - 6 am by tiny feet. @Brunneria - took the first of the Olga Da Polga books along with me. It was Book 2 where Olga meets Boris and soon little ones appear. No 1 was excitedly telling his Dad the summary and how Olga got pregnant then announced "we know all about that don't we". Saw the babies last night. Grandson is very cute with them.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. 1 Baby bel
D. A very rushed bit of chicken breast with sage and onion, green beans and broccoli.
Lots of water and paracetamol.
Boys are good going to bed now so lay down when they were settled and finally cracked the return journey from Chester. Going to stay at Manchester Airport with SIL and Hubby and managed to get train next day with only one change at Preston. All booked now.
Today - got out early as I still feel vile. New symptoms now. While I was out I felt dizzy but I reckon that was probably no food causing the problem. Water helped. Bed 4.9 FBG 6.4
B. TAG with ADOC and paracetamol! Really congested this morning.
L. Nothing - bought water while out and still on paracetamol.
D. Well more late afternoon - got Hubby to get one of my green soups out of the freezer (spinach & broccoli). At least it warmed me.
Later - pork ribs with the chimichurri rub and cheese and chive dip. Wee bit salad.
Hubby just made me another coffee and 1/2 a grenade bar. I'm now debating whether to go for a hot shower or watch the rest of the football.
Been lying down most of today but son set me to work to find best date in July for him and DIL to go see Book of Morman in Manchester since it involves juggling trains, a hotel and the theatre. Putting Mum's previous work skills to good use and my ATG theatre card! Being a nice person I paid their hotel and got them a package on their theatre tickets. It also helped that I know my way about Manchester so they're in sensible places.
OK hot shower wins - can't say that Liverpool and Spurs are playing that well (sorry @ianpspurs).

Last edited:

Viv19

@viv that sounds like you had a really lovely day despite having to pass on various things. I guess the wine over the day helped keep the numbers steady but it is wonderful you enjoyed a special day and got a great FBG. Celebrate!

Thank you PenguinMum. I was a bit nervous about what I might be able to eat. I haven’t had too many challenges since I started LC, but they’re starting now. Monday we’re off to meet a group of old friends from one of the first countries we lived in. It’s fun, over 3 days, but there’s a lot of wine and food involved.
In a few weeks we’re driving over to see Dad, where I do a lot of the cooking. I usually enjoy fish and chips whenever I go home. There’s an excellent fish and chip shop- but I’ll probably have to watch while Dad and OH eat theirs.
I am very excited about my bg level this morning. Finally something is happening.
Does wine help bg levels or was that a joke?

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast bacon and egg with a few lc seeded crispbreads
Lunch range of cheese, celery, a few nuts and crispbreads followed by coffee with cream and four squares of 100% choc
Dinner chicken curry served on bed of cauliflower and mushroom ‘rice’ cooked in ghee with two gin and soda waters followed by lc lemon mousse served with a spoon of Greek yoghurt and double cream.

Viv19

Ah food.
Tea
I had breakfast today. 2 boiled eggs and LC bread.
Cwc
No headache (I drank loads of water yesterday) but I’m really tired.
Lunch, yoghurt and berries.
Late afternoon, family post-wedding gathering before some of them go home tomorrow. I had some leberkäs (which is neither liver nor cheese, more a pork forcemeat/meatloaf.) Some good raw veg mix with cream, seasoning.
My contribution was an Australian recipe which is basically a combination of Waldorf salad with coronation chicken, one of my favorites. So even though there was apple and grape hidden in there, I had to have some.
White wine spritzers.
More tea.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed Thursday 7.2 FBG 6.8. Still feel ghastly. Got the boys to school then back home to curl up for a couple of hours before it's time to pick them up again. It's Lego Club Day and son got in touch to ask me to watch the boys tonight as their babysitter has gone down with this bug now. Decided next going there was better as at least I won't get wakened between 5 - 6 am by tiny feet. @Brunneria - took the first of the Olga Da Polga books along with me. It was Book 2 where Olga meets Boris and soon little ones appear. No 1 was excitedly telling his Dad the summary and how Olga got pregnant then announced "we know all about that don't we". Saw the babies last night. Grandson is very cute with them.
B. TAG with ADOC
L. 1 Baby bel
D. A very rushed bit of chicken breast with sage and onion, green beans and broccoli.
Lots of water and paracetamol.
Boys are good going to bed now so lay down when they were settled and finally cracked the return journey from Chester. Going to stay at Manchester Airport with SIL and Hubby and managed to get train next day with only one change at Preston. All booked now.
Today - got out early as I still feel vile. New symptoms now. While I was out I felt dizzy but I reckon that was probably no food causing the problem. Water helped. Bed 4.9 FBG 6.4
B. TAG with ADOC and paracetamol! Really congested this morning.
L. Nothing - bought water while out and still on paracetamol.
D. Well more late afternoon - got Hubby to get one of my green soups out of the freezer (spinach & broccoli). At least it warmed me.
Later - pork ribs with the chimichurri rub and cheese and chive dip. Wee bit salad.
Hubby just made me another coffee and 1/2 a grenade bar. I'm now debating whether to go for a hot shower or watch the rest of the football.
Been lying down most of today but son set me to work to find best date in July for him and DIL to go see Book of Morman in Manchester since it involves juggling trains, a hotel and the theatre. Putting Mum's previous work skills to good use and my ATG theatre card! Being a nice person I paid their hotel and got them a package on their theatre tickets. It also helped that I know my way about Manchester so they're in sensible places.
OK hot shower wins - can't say that Liverpool and Spurs are playing that well (sorry @ianpspurs).

Hot shower helps.
You need to rest.

Hugs x

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Liquid lunch at the bowls club, chicken snitty, low carb beer.
Dinner: Pork chops, veggies, brown onion gravy.
Breakfast: Cheese and mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee / tea no sugar / sweeteners, water, xxxx gold beer.

Just about to put a big chuck of corned silverside in to the slow cooker for some cold meat if the grandsons don't get stuck into it first. :D

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick catch up for me waiting for Mr C to stir - he’s still asleep and Im downstairs in the airport hotel waiting for him to joun me for breakfast. There is unlimited Cista coffee but I had to pop back to the Tesco express in the airport first thing to buy cream. Very happy now, we’re off on the west highland line later - meant to be one of the most scenic rail journeys but visibility is low here - so wet and misty, I’m not sure we’ll appreciate it.
Yesterday’s food
B: scrambled egg, 1 rasher bacon and a few slices avocado - the last I’m ever buying from Asda they are always rock hard til they go off.
Lunch: flaxseed bun and egg mayo
Plane delayed and got hungry at airport so had some chilli olives and red wine ( because the holiday had started)
Dinner: very late by the time we arrived in Glasgow, luckily restaurant still open, steak with the garnish bits of rocket and mushrooms. 2 chips!! ( not as nice as they looked)more red wine.
I think I will look out for one of those insulated pots for transporting baby food, might be good for carrying cream in.

@Viv19 sounds like a lovely wedding and you did so well in your lc choices, well done on the fbg. Yes I think wine (or gin) in moderation really does help. I always assume that the liver is too busy dealing with the alcohol to bother putting more glucose out into the system.
@maglil55 sorry you are still feeling rough, sounds like a horrible bug. I agree a hot shower does wonders for restoring life into a poorly body.
This is turning into a long post, sorry. One last thing - I found this chocolate at the airport, even lower carb than Montezuma’s (7g/100)
IMG_0110.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick catch up for me waiting for Mr C to stir - he’s still asleep and Im downstairs in the airport hotel waiting for him to joun me for breakfast. There is unlimited Cista coffee but I had to pop back to the Tesco express in the airport first thing to buy cream. Very happy now, we’re off on the west highland line later - meant to be one of the most scenic rail journeys but visibility is low here - so wet and misty, I’m not sure we’ll appreciate it.
Yesterday’s food
B: scrambled egg, 1 rasher bacon and a few slices avocado - the last I’m ever buying from Asda they are always rock hard til they go off.
Lunch: flaxseed bun and egg mayo
Plane delayed and got hungry at airport so had some chilli olives and red wine ( because the holiday had started)
Dinner: very late by the time we arrived in Glasgow, luckily restaurant still open, steak with the garnish bits of rocket and mushrooms. 2 chips!! ( not as nice as they looked)more red wine.
I think I will look out for one of those insulated pots for transporting baby food, might be good for carrying cream in.

@Viv19 sounds like a lovely wedding and you did so well in your lc choices, well done on the fbg. Yes I think wine (or gin) in moderation really does help. I always assume that the liver is too busy dealing with the alcohol to bother putting more glucose out into the system.
@maglil55 sorry you are still feeling rough, sounds like a horrible bug. I agree a hot shower does wonders for restoring life into a poorly body.
This is turning into a long post, sorry. One last thing - I found this chocolate at the airport, even lower carb than Montezuma’s (7g/100)
View attachment 33337
Enjoy your holiday - some epic posts in the fbg chatty thread to match or better. I hope the breakfast is a suitable treat and the West Highland line serves the intended purpose.