What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Back to work today, which meant back to the cafe for lunch of bacon, fried eggs and cheese. Yum.

Dinner was another Organuary experiment and a bit of a disappointment. Having ordered and prepared my first ever tongue (only ever eaten it cold out of a plastic packet from the supermarket), while the meat was tender it was pretty flavourless, despite the first (2.5 hour) part of cooking involving plenty of seasoning. Left meat on the plate, which is another first! Followed up with a 20g piece of mature cheddar.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Today has shaped up like this.
Breakfast: slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x2.
I had a stash of HiLo toast in the freezer which got me through the festive season when I couldnt get LivLife. Unfortunately all my branches of Sainsburys no longer stock HiLo.
Lunch: was a few cubes of cheddar.
Supper will be fried smoked haddock with a fried egg on top with cauli rice for me and other rice for Mr PM.
Enjoying an orange & lime gin & fizzy water as I type!

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
2 thin slices of roast beef with onion gravy for brunch. I was putting some packs in the freezer after taking a largish piece of my Christmas beef out and reducing it to portions, which I then reheated in gravy for putting away again. There were a couple of slices left so that was brunch. Also made the meat part of some sloppy joes to go with some more chaffles when I make them. Can't do that until I get some more cheese and eggs.

This evening - 2 slices of streaky bacon with 2 fried eggs.

Lots of tea and one coffee so far.

Surprisingly, no NHS open yet, so no appointments with GP or dentist and no garage open yet, so the Scenic still sits outside awaiting attention. Supermarkets are open but I can't get to town - more gales on the way, so supplies will be low if I do manage to get in before about Tuesday. This is the north of the Hebrides, after all - I think things are a little different in the southern Isles. Just as well I still have things in the freezer to be used up.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Busy day again but did manage to get out in the winter sunshine for a lunchtime country walk lovely. Trying to build more walking into my life as makes me feel so much better and especially when sun shines.
Breakfast one slice bacon and one egg on half a toasted buttered chaffle
No lunch but Through day - to keep me going - coffee with lactofree milk
Dinner salmon in lemon butter with cauliflower cheese and glass dry white wine. Pudding sf jelly with yoghurt and cream. May have glass of hm lc baileys later.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast yesterday: Bacon, eggs, tomatoes that Black Mario put in the fridge for us for when we got home.
Lunch: Toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches.
Dinner: Beef snags, veggies, gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

We put a online grocery shopping order in on Thursday morning for our normal Friday delivery window. I have a order for Hermann Brot low carb bread for delivery next week.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late Lunch after a lunchtime swim (had the pool to myself): Greek yoghurt, coffee chia pudding and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: black coffee.
Dinner: garlic and herb chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad, coleslaw and cheesies followed by SF jelly, cream and macadamia and coconut keto granola.
Then a couple of squares of Montezuma orange and cacao nibs chocolate, a welcome Xmas pressie from a good friend who knows my taste :hungry:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was still hungry after the bacon and eggs so decided to make some cocoa cream - had a carton of cream approaching its end date - about 300 ml double cream and 2 teaspoons cocoa powder - had 2 tsps and felt quite unwell. It was a bad idea. Should have just put up with being hungry. Might sweeten it and give to No2 son in a choc cake - aah not enough eggs to make a cake. Freeze it then and make a cake next week with it. Hate to waste it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Still eating leftovers. Everyone is rebelling at more ham so the rest has been frozen.
B: CWC
L: Ham, salad greens, 1/2 avocado, 2 cherry toms and Hm French dressing. Last DGF Strawberry blondie and clotted cream.
D:2 egg omelette filled with mushrooms, cheese and yet more ham. DGF double choc brownie with the last of the batch of clotted cream.
Fridge is heaving a sigh of relief to have a bit of room inside now.
@Goonergal that’s very adventurous of you to cook a tongue. It’s the preparing of offal which puts me off it more than the taste of it. I’ve ordered a calves liver from my butcher but we aren’t here next week so I’ve had to put it back. I’ll get some from M&S maybe when we get to London.

mouseee

Breakfast - coconut flour pancakes which were OK. Tomorrow having them with blueberries and Greek yogurt, think that'll be nice.

Lunch- amazing.... bought a piece of beef fillet yesterday for £6 reduced from £25!! So cut some up, quick fry at a high heat and had it with salad. Yum.

Dinner- more beef I realise now... but a slow cooked bbq beef as a treat from Waitrose. Cooked it, shredded it and mixed it into my stir fried veg. Delicious. Forgot to test before and after but if there was a spike, boy was it worth it!

Also had a pot of tea in my favourite cafe this morning. 25 PAGES of tea in their menu. Remembered I work far better like that, got loads of planning done for next week back at school. Might have to find a cafe tomorrow to do the same.

Bought some of my favourite loose leaf tea and brewed this afternoon in my new teapot.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Forgot to say what I actually ate today.
B: M&S high meat sausage, very small piece of black pudding (Doreen's) and scrambled eggs with coffee and double cream.
D: Last night did brisket in the IP. On a layer of onions, sliced the brisket and topped with M&S beef gravy and a sside of brussel sprouts. Tonight had a side of finely sliced cabbage.

OMG this was the second time using the IP as energy levels have been almost below zero. Have another brisket in the freezer (dexter beef) and husband has been instructed to go back to M&S to get more gravy. Difference between readings before and after = zero.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All, :D

B: didn’t happen
S: 4 squares 70% Lindt ;)
L: prawns in lime pickle :wacky:
D: stir fried chicken in mustard and cream and GARLIC :joyful:

only worked 2 days this week, but still v glad to see Friday evening. :happy:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Before the days get away from me! Thursday bed 5.4 FBG 5.6. Feeling fine again. Had the boys for a few hours to let Mum & Dad go to the gym. A but of dotting about and despite a lengthy gym session, son came shopping with me afterwards. Shelves in the supermarket resembled Mother Hubvard's cupboard.
B. TAG with ADOC. Fried egg and rashers of back bacon.
L. Slice LC bread with pate.
D. Rotisserie chicken with lettuce, tomato, avocado and helmans.

I bought the Beeswrap for bread in Lakeland and it is great. Keeps the Skinny Bread soft right down to tge last slice which us great considering Skinny Bread should not be refrigerated. It's very pricey but since it is reusable it could work out cheaper. I think I'll get more sizes.
@Tipetoo- SIL had a bush fire too close for comfort as she put it. Only 20 mins from them. Glad to say it's under control now though.

D

Deleted member 308541

@Tipetoo- SIL had a bush fire too close for comfort as she put it. Only 20 mins from them. Glad to say it's under control now though.
@maglil55 Hope your SIL is safe.

Most of the fires are contained around here, and a lot of the Queensland firies have gone to NSW to help down there.

Here the latest Windy fire map showing the fires down on the NSW border with Victoria.

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?fires,-34.820,148.652,7

Here's the live ABC news stream, I do not think it will be geoblocked in a browser on a pc / notebook.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/abc-news-24/video/NS1413V001S00#playing

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Will attempt Organuary with you as I’m an abject failure at carnivore. I quite like liver: calves liver is more expensive, but to my mind very much nicer than pigs, it’s not as strong tasting and only requires a quick flash fry. My auntie used to make a nice kidney dish, (like you @Annb I wish I’d asked at the time how it was made) it had sherry and cream in too ( very 1970s) but I’ve not eaten them since the smell of autoclaved urine samples in the lab I worked at reminded a colleague of the smell of the kidneys in his Sunday morning fry up! I will try again, maybe a steak and kidney thing.
I’m with you on the deliciousness of air fried chicken skin - I used to hate it but since I’ve had the af I love it.
I'm a rose veal liver person. The kidney dish sounds similar to one I used to do in my restaurant days. As you say, very 1970's but I was taught to do the lamp cooking in front of the customer. It was all theatre with the flambe. Flambe peaches, crepe suzette, steak diane, and this kidney dish.
Quite simple. Chopped onion and saute until soft in the pan. Add sliced mushroom and the halved prepared kidney and gently cook. Add Madeira and then flambe (you don't have to flambe just reduce a bit). Check the seasoning. When you flambe you get the stock in quick to douse the flames quickly followed by the cream and reduce. Add chopped parsley before serving. What was great was everything came prepped and in the right quantities from the kitchen.

Reactions: Chook and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Its official! I am a very bad girl! Went into the tv (and dart) room today and encountered open tub of Quality Street. Had 4 Purples, since I stopped participating nobody else bothers with them. The shame.
I looked at them today and managed to convince myself I wouldn't like them anymore. Had 2 squares of G&B mint instead. I used to love the purples too.

Reactions: Chook and Annb

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6.2 FBG 5.8. @shelley262 - Cooper is very cute! @Goonergal - as I mentioned in another post Rose Veal Liver (M&S and Morrisons stock ir) is really nice. I notice ob your organ site they have Tripe alla Romana but I do it a little differently. @Annb - our Mothers sound very similar. I ate a lot of offal too and I still love tripe!! Kidneys I have occasionally but rose veal is lovely. @DJC3 - I suspect you'd like the theatrical kidney dish I've posted. It's not strong tasted. Madeira gives it a lovely taste and it was only ever a tiny jug that went in.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice LC bread with 2 Dairylea triangles then off to Physio thankfully as my left leg hasn't been right since Christmas. Moving a bit easier now.
L. 2 sausages, slice back bacon and a fried egg.
D. Rib eye, lettuce, tomato and Helmans and a few veggie chips. DGF double chocolate brownie with a couple of HC 100% chocolate drops melted on top plus raspberries.
Hubby has decided eye test is required so we're going tomorrow. Means he'll be forced to come shopping too - Ha!

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Evening all.

Back to work today, which meant back to the cafe for lunch of bacon, fried eggs and cheese. Yum.

Dinner was another Organuary experiment and a bit of a disappointment. Having ordered and prepared my first ever tongue (only ever eaten it cold out of a plastic packet from the supermarket), while the meat was tender it was pretty flavourless, despite the first (2.5 hour) part of cooking involving plenty of seasoning. Left meat on the plate, which is another first! Followed up with a 20g piece of mature cheddar.

I grew up eating lamb tongues and brains my parents used to go to the abattoir and buy a half lamb and fresh offal don't eat it these days trying to find organic around were I live is hard and no idea how to cook it. Anyway we ate lamb tongues and brains mum would boil them and serve them with tahini sauce which is tahini paste combined with garlic lemon juice salt and water to thin it out. would cut up the lamb tear a piece of Lebanese bread dip in the tahini sauce and imeat it That's the only way I've ever eaten them.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 Hope your SIL is safe.

Most of the fires are contained around here, and a lot of the Queensland firies have gone to NSW to help down there.

Here the latest Windy fire map showing the fires down on the NSW border with Victoria.

https://www.windy.com/-Show---add-more-layers/overlays?fires,-34.820,148.652,7

Here's the live ABC news stream, I do not think it will be geoblocked in a browser on a pc / notebook.

https://iview.abc.net.au/show/abc-news-24/video/NS1413V001S00#playing

Horrific

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
03-01-2020
Lost weight again. 2lbs over Xmas and New Year. How did that happen? Anyway
Breakfast. CWC, Nut granola, one slice pain kapnor toast with half a large avocado and marmite. Chunk of emmental more CWC.
Lunch toast and pâté salad tea.
Dinner pork chop casseroles with celariac, carrot, and onion. Red cabbage. Cauliflower and brocolli. Greek yoghurt with raspberries and cream. 2 glasses of Sav blanc.
Had second glass of wine about 9.20. Then bedtime tea just after 10.30pm and also ate the remains of the pâté.
Lemon tea about midnight.
Woke up around 3am. Physically reminded of exactly why i made the evening rules.

No food after 8
No alcohol after 9
Bedtime tea 10pm. Or lemon tea if later.

Was up about an hour and that will probably show in morning reading.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Having insomnia again of late finally dozed of about 3 in the morning but woke up at 11am.

Brunch was seeded bread with mix of chopped tomatoes cheese and ham grilled. My last lot of bread. And black coffee.

Got a headache this afternoon and not feeling 100% nausea and have some stomach pain my UC is playing up since yesterday.

Afternoon tea I blitzed coffee that was frozen with some fresh cream.

Dinner made some tabbelah and had it with leftover rib eye steak from Thursday nights dinner. And a gin and tonic to help cool down from this heat.

I'm now planning to go back to being consistent with LCHF/PALEO/KETO WOE have one more week to tapping of prednisone down to 5mg tomorrow so hopefully can get back to this WOE .

Found this peacock feather outside my front yard now that's one long feather I've heard some say peacock feathers bring good luck so fingers cross it gives me luck.

My hydrangeas from my garden I saved these from my garden the rest have burnt from the heat it reached 42 degrees Celsius were I live today. Very hot day not very good for the fires here in NSW and Victoria. Tried a few arrangements but think I like the first arrangement.
Screenshot_20200104-201417_Snapchat.jpeg
20200104_201635.jpeg
20200104_153631.jpeg
20200104_153427.jpeg
20200104_152604.jpeg