What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Lost track again but last time I posted we were having roast chicken breasts for dinner but that happened a day later so last night and two nights ago we had lamb keema which I think I over spiced and added too much garlic & ginger so it didn't settle well with me and I felt a bit off yesterday until lunchtime. I am better with not too strong food.
Today is my favourite giant fish finger day with broccoli. Just had lunch: mixed salad, mayo and some good cheddar.
@shelley262 so glad the bridge went well and you are pleased with it. I had mine done about 15 years ago and was as pleased and excited then as you are now.
@SlimLizzy sorry to read about all the considerable challenges you are having and hope you will be reunited with Mr Slim soon.
@Annb sorry you are going through the mill with your health and hope you can get some answers to help you.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday - Wednesday bed 8.7 FBG 6.7. Had a pretty stable day after that until my BGs shot up about 7pm and they stayed up.
B. TAG and a slice of LC toast with ham and coleslaw. Boys were here and the gardeners so I was kept busy after that with bacon butties, teas, coffees and bowls of broth.
L. Nothing no time.
D. BGs shot up so made up a salad of prawns, smoked salmon, lettuce, tomato , avocado, remains of the veggie salad I made the other day.
Stuck in a range of 9.1 to 9.5 and no logical reason other than my sinuses were bothering me again and my legs were agony.
Put a libre sensor on. Bed 9.8 FBG 9.2. I was a pretty even 9.2 overnight.
I had a really bad night with my legs. BGs have been high all day. Got up to 10.5 this morning and have settled in the 8's.
B. TAG and a slice of LC toast with ham and coleslaw.
L. Nothing. Been resting most of the day and living on paracetamol and water.
D. Had that Iceland wild shrimp thing with chilli and tomato. Added spinach and cauliflower rice. Had 4 strawberries and cream after.

Legs are still achy but BGs seem to have settled at 8.1. Hopefully a decent night's sleep sorts it. If nothing else it's keeping me away from the Godiva!

Reactions: Rubyjewelz and DJC3

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

B: seem to have hit a Bovril wall. Couldn’t face it. So had some pork broth from a few days ago. Delicious. Plus collagen.
L: cold chicken breast stuffed with pate and wrapped in bacon followed by a Lidl nut bar.
D: made up another huge bowl of smoked mackerel pate. Used lots of horseradish. :hungry::wacky::hungry:. It made over 500ml, so I portioned it out and froze the portions. My supper was licking out the bowl :D in the garden :D Quite a lot of it :D

3 day weekend ahead, starting now. Bliss.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just a quick record of my food - busy day today and lovely catch up with wonderful friends this evening on messenger rooms - enjoyed it more than Zoom and no time limit on it!
Working to get project completed before hols - as other stuff to sort before go away for a few days on Sunday.
Late lunch scrambled eggs and smoked salmon
Mid afternoon DGF millionaires shortbread
Dinner two lamb chops, celeriac chips and stuffed mushrooms.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Breakfast was 25% mince fried with a few onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese. Definitely my favourite meal of the moment.
Dinner was beef short ribs done in the instant pot. Deliciously tender.

In between was Lindt 90%, almond butter and cream.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was planning on @Chook 's baked camembert with roasted cauliflower and broccoli, but then my Aldi had smoked mackerel at 50% off, and the other supermarket had the ready made shrimps at 3 for 5 euros :)
So the camembert has to stay in the fridge a bit longer.

The mackerel has become an interesting salad with chicory, onion, walnuts and some grapefruit. Below the bacon is a leftover piece of roasted celeriac from yesterdays sailing trip, reheated in the microwave and eaten with a silent 'go guts, you can do it!' for the celeriac, cheese and bacon having been out sailing all day yesterday and then forgotten in a bag until tonight.

Very nice meal altogether!

109030280_10221343285805973_1033959250045388965_o.jpg

Rubyjewelz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Illness
Share what you've eaten today with the rest of the DCUK community and maybe steal a few ideas for yourself!

Please remember that this is the 'Low Carb Diet Forum' and that this thread isn't for low carb debates :)
Coffee and 1/2 banana for breakfast.
Baked crisps on the river walk, 3/12 hrs workout.
Vegie fishless fish sarnie about 3.30 for lunch with a touch of tartar sauce.
Vegie sausages and sweet potato later on...ice cream, yogurt and an apple...x

Reactions: shelley262 and Annb

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Recipe? There was more of this 50% off smoked mackerel at my Aldi's today, I could go back tomorrow...

haha, it is another of my ‘special’ throw togethers.

put 2 parts flaked mackerel (minus the skin!) into a bowl with 1 part cream cheese.
Add a dollop of horseradish, a good splash of lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper and a splash of Tabasco.

then either mash it all together with a fork, or blend it all together with a hand blender/mixer

eat, or freeze to eat later.

it is v v v easy and quite delicious.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and Mississippi phd bar
Late Lunch: Babybels followed by Greek yoghurt, blackberries from Mum’s garden and LC chocolate granola.
Dinner: mature cheddar and tomato omelette followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Coffee and 1/2 banana for breakfast.
Baked crisps on the river walk, 3/12 hrs workout.
Vegie fishless fish sarnie about 3.30 for lunch with a touch of tartar sauce.
Vegie sausages and sweet potato later on...ice cream, yogurt and an apple...x

I wish wish WISH I could cope with half a banana - I really miss bananas. :hungry:

Are you low carb because I can't cope up with the baked crisps either? :hungry:

Which fishless fish do you have? I tried the quorn version but it didn't taste much like fish.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Only saw this part now. What is flaked mackerel?

Just take the skin off of the smoked mackerel and pull the flakes apart, discarding the bones. I don't bother making small flakes, just bits of a few actual flakes stuck together. It's all going to get mashed up anyway when it becomes a pate. You could use a fork or two to separate the flakes, but I just use my hands; don't mind getting them all oily.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd promised to make some brownies for an event so steeled myself to the task knowing my self control is weak...
Just a few licks of spoons and fingers sent bg up to 9.5 so skipped any proper breakfast and lunch (was this the best approach?)
Was horrified reading the labels on some of the ingredients! A tiny biscoff biscuit (often served with coffee ) was 6g carb, per minuscule biscuit. I try to stay in 20g per day.

D. Was pork belly with kale and green beans. 4 strawberries and 2 spoons of clotted cream

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Recipe? There was more of this 50% off smoked mackerel at my Aldi's today, I could go back tomorrow...
haha, it is another of my ‘special’ throw togethers.

put 2 parts flaked mackerel (minus the skin!) into a bowl with 1 part cream cheese.
Add a dollop of horseradish, a good splash of lemon or lime juice, salt, pepper and a splash of Tabasco.

then either mash it all together with a fork, or blend it all together with a hand blender/mixer

eat, or freeze to eat later.

it is v v v easy and quite delicious.

Now I need to buy smoked mackerel and cream cheese at the weekend.

Reactions: DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Lovely day :)

Slightly lower FBGs than recently AND it went down after breakfast!!! Woohoo. I might one day get to decent numbers.

The lower FBG might be because of my nocturnal linguistic skills - Mr C tells me I was busy in the night having a conversation in my sleep in a foreign language - he thinks it was German. I don't speak German..... or any other language apart from a bit of schoolgirl French. :joyful:

Breakfast: Omelette with carb free syrup
Lunch: Trying to avoid lunch at the moment
Dinner: Mr C is cooking - he says it will be h/m crustless fennel and goats cheese quiche with red cabbage, beetroot and pomegranate coleslaw

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Not been doing low carb but eating too much carbs yesterday and today I had a crown put on one of my back tooth and was told no eating on that side for 48 hours do you know how hard that it is to do will I thought so and for some reason find myself eating white bread sandwiches and pasta and my goodness my heart especially tonight is pounding like no tomorrow tonght after eating pasta I forgot about that horrible feeling no to mention my BSL has been higher to what I'm not used to. Anyway that's my few days sadly but tomorrow I am going back to Low carb hope my new zirconium crown tooth copes with it.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
The lower FBG might be because of my nocturnal linguistic skills - Mr C tells me I was busy in the night having a conversation in my sleep in a foreign language - he thinks it was German. I don't speak German..... or any other language apart from a bit of schoolgirl French. :joyful:
It's too bad Mr C doesn't speak German either, or he could have told you what you were saying :)