What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Still no exercise yesterday. Let's see if it happens today. Seems as if I have come down with a bit of a cold though.

@Goonergal -- Congrats on losing half an inch of your waist, wonderful achievement. I admire your dedication.
@shelley262 -- Have a fun vacation. You definitely deserve this.
@maglil55 -- Glad to see you back on the thread too. I have missed you. The DD keto roll recipe is great. It's really fast and takes me about 10 to 15 minutes to prepare everything plus one and a half hours in the oven. Just one tip, make sure you add enough hot water (I need way more than what is in the recipe). If the dough is too dry, the roles don't rise and are way too compact.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Two half DD keto rolls, one with mayonnaise and chicken breast, the other with mayonnaise and smoked sockeye salmon. A small piece of low-carb brownie.

Early dinner: About 100g of lamb, cut in strips and fried, roasted vegetables (zucchini, eggplant, bellpepper, and mushrooms) in olive oil with about 60g of Greek yoghurt, cornsalad with Caesar's dressing and parmesan, another smallish brownie, and two glasses of dry red wine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a white coffee (using almond milk now to save calories and carbs)
Lunch: lamb roasted with rosemary and garlic, one tiny roast potato, one tiny piece of roast parsnip, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot. 1/2 slice low carb carrot cake with one scoop of vanilla Oppo.
Mid afternoon: Hartleys 10cal jelly and black coffee plus Hotel Chocolat Teaolat tea with one tsp cream.
Dinner: buffet tea at ILs, cold meats, cheese, salad and one Jaffa cake.

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday was.....
B. Coffee with cream
L. Sirloin topped with blue cheese, fried egg and wilted spinach with garlic, all cooked in lovely bacon fat
D. More cheese with olives!

You know your family gets your woe when instead of flowers for Mother’s day my son brought me bacon and cheese!.....what a lucky Mum!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all - my last listing for a few days. Flying to Italy tomorrow back late Saturday.
Won’t taunt you all with Italian food will just give short summary when back ! I’m planning on avoiding obvious pasta, pizza etc and stick to grills but can’t plan as much as would normally do here in uk looking at nutrition guides etc!
Breakfast coffee with cream
Lunch omelette with mushrooms and cheese
Dinner chicken stir fry with bean noodles followed by 5 x 100% cocoa chocolate buttons with coffee.

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all
Todays gustatory delights have consisted of ( in no particular order)
2 x 10 cal jellies
Josephs pita bread with Banting recipe courgette ‘hummus’ cucumber and raw broccoli
1/2 avocado with 50g smoked salmon and cucumber
1 adonis bar
Vegan Chocolate chia pudding with soya cream
2 coffees with soya cream
790 cals, 32g carbs, 21g fibre

Dr Snoddy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Trolls
B. Seeded small flatbread filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers. Cup black tea, 2 cups black coffee
L. Skinny Thai carrot soup, half cheese scone, 5 cheese thins, cheddar cheese
Snack. Lots of mixed nuts
D. Haddock with cheese topping, herby mushrooms with greens. Greek yogurt and a couple of tinned apricots.
A bit cheesy!

Key_master_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Evening all, I hope everyone’s weeks off to a flying start and those who is just ending enjoy the rest if that’s what’s planned. ;)

B = 2 egg omelette with cheese and chilli flakes

L = Lidl roll (hopefully not one of my last??) peppered salami, pastrami, smoked ham and cheese. 2 of my no added sugar 100% cocoa orange truffles (taste just like terrys, except this time its all mine not terrys. Haha!!)

D = 2 95% meat Lidl sausages, 2 thick smoked back rashers of bacon, 2 nearly runny boiled eggs and loads of mushrooms fried in butter with garlic. Luxury jelly for pudding (double cream)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Breakfast - none

Lunch - tuna salad with mayonnaise

Dinner - home made burgers (beef, feta, onion, tomato, spinach) with buttered cabbage followed by chocolate chia pudding with cream and 5 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

Off to Cardiff tomorrow afternoon for a work meeting the following day, so trying to plan for a few meals away and a different schedule.

@shelley262 have a great break and a well earned rest!

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Trying intermittent fasting today as I woke to fbg of 7.8

One meal at 4 pm steak, blue cheese rocket and parmesan salad followedby slice of low carb choc olive oil cake and cream.

Should have eaten earlier as I have yoga Mon evenings and ended up feeling sick - too large a meal to eat before yoga!

@shelley262 hope you enjoyed packing your small size clothes - bet you can fit twice as many in your case now. Have a lovely time

shelley262

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone. Trying intermittent fasting today as I woke to fbg of 7.8

One meal at 4 pm steak, blue cheese rocket and parmesan salad followedby slice of low carb choc olive oil cake and cream.

Should have eaten earlier as I have yoga Mon evenings and ended up feeling sick - too large a meal to eat before yoga!

@shelley262 hope you enjoyed packing your small size clothes - bet you can fit twice as many in your case now. Have a lovely time[/QUOTE
yes it is easier with smaller clothes! Also used to wear a lot of trousers/jeans and big baggy tops now mainly wear shortish skirts with better fitting tops so lighter case too!
I can’t exercise after a meal always has to be other way round.
@Goonergal hope Cardiff trip goes well
Gather from forecast just though that it may be snowing again when we fly back to UK in early hours of Sunday am Oh no! Maybe a big coat and snow shovel in car boot ........

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a white coffee (using almond milk now to save calories and carbs)
Lunch: lamb and veggies left over from the weekend followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: Hartleys 10cal jelly and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme, stir fried samphire and one very small (35g) hasselback potato, followed by strawberries and one scoop of vanilla Oppo.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Still have a congested chest, but managed to exercise a bit yesterday. So, blood sugars were okay this morning in spite of the cold.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. One DD keto roll with butter and a smallish piece of low-carb brownie.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Half an 85% chocolate bar (7g of carbs).

Dinner: About 150g of fried salmon with a homemade Asian-inspired low-carb sauce, 10 olives, a small piece of cheese, and some cole slaw.

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Not a hungry day so took advantage!
L: Coffee with cream
D: Beef short rib.....never overcooked it before but did tonight...ah well, was still nice and fatty.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Trying to remember...

Yesterday
10am coffeesubstituteandcream
2pm roast belly pork with Chinese spice

Today
10am coffeesubstituteandcream
11am a slice of gf toast with Awful Pate*
6pm diced chicken breast stir fried with chorizo with grated cheddar scattered on top.

Won’t have room for my chocolate mousse. :(

Time for another Zero Carb report, I think.
Used to take several supplements, but have dialled them back to just Vit D3 and K2.

I am now nearly 12 weeks in. Time has flown.
I’m feeling GREAT.
Please don’t underestimate how amazing this is.
I can honestly say that i’m feeling better after 12 weeks of just meat/fish/eggs/cheese/dairy than in all my various dietary variations before this. Better than when carbing, low carbing, keto, gluten free, or any combo of any of those, all of which had lots of LC veg. Sleeping better. Digesting better (can’t remember how to burp or fart). Consistently remembering my dreams (usually only happens when taking comprehensive supplements). Physical aches and pains are less than any time in last 10 years. Energy levels really good. Brain as clear as keto (ZC isn’t necessarily keto).

I kind of can’t believe it...

*Awful Pate is the latest batch: lamb hearts and liver with harrissa, extra garlic and worcestershire sauce, blended smooth with cream cheese stirred in and chilled.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a white coffee (still using almond milk to save calories and carbs)
Lunch: left over chicken and lamb and veggies with a dribble of gravy, followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: vanilla chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese chicken stir fry, (no noodles, but bean sprouts to kid the eye!). Followed by strawberries and one scoop of salted caramel Oppo.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Coffee and cream

L: hot smoked salmon flakes, hard boiled egg, rocket and parmesan with olive oil dressing, follwed by Greek yoghurt and few raspberries

D: out for a curry to celebrate one of our clan passing driving test ( so not quite sure why I ended up driving and NOT having a drink )
Chicken tikka (starter portion) cauliflower curry and saag paneer.
Waiting to see what my post prandial bg will be now....

@Brunneria that sounds amazing ( although maybe TMI re farting ) great to hear you’re feeling so well on it.

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all,
B - scrambled eggs, avocado and 1 oatcake
L - boots no mayo tuna and sweetcorn salad, plus boiled eggs
D - stuffed pepper with an aubergine bake made with spinach, chopped tomatoes and cheese - was retrying the stuffed pepper with a different veg selection with it as it has rice in it and last time kept me over 6 for a while (and it was in the fridge and didn't want to waste it!) - seems to be similar today - 4.5 before meal, 6.3 2 hours later, 6.1 3 hours later. So not a terrible result, but won't be buying again.
@Rachox - I have Oppo arriving with my Ocado delivery any minute now - haven't tried it before and it will take all my willpower to not sneak a taste tonight!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox - I have Oppo arriving with my Ocado delivery any minute now - haven't tried it before and it will take all my willpower to not sneak a taste tonight!

It’s very low carb, surely a tiny taste won’t harm you?! ;) What flavour did you choose?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. Feeling a lot better, no more muscle aches, just a congested chest still. Blood sugars are doing okay.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol. Half a DD keto roll with butter.

Lunch: Green asparagus fried in ghee, sauce Bearnaise, about 100g of scallops.

Dinner: Same as lunch plus some low-carb chocolate mousse with erythritol-sweetened whipped cream.