What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

eggs11

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B - alpro plain soya yogurt
L - carrot sticks and hummus, packet of seeds
late afternoon snack - hummus and carrot sticks, red pepper sticks, cucumber, hotel chocolat 100% drops.
Was going to have salmon with roast veg for tea, but my massive afternoon snack has filled me up, so it's going in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch instead!
I still can't wrap my head around feeling full - on low fat diets I was never, ever full - today I don't even want tea, thank god I found this site!!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
@Goonergal wow you’re really going for it and hoping that your fasts achieve the changes you want - I’m sure they will, well done you
@ziggy_w sorry to hear your cough is still lingering but you are taking the cure - I read something recently that cocoa is good for coughs hope it works!
@PW1 welcome to this thread good to see you and have you contributing more ideas - the more the merrier. I’m amazed how good I continue to feel on ketosis I feel increasingly - as I’ve lost the brain fog, the excess poundage and lowered my bgs - that I’m healing and feel younger by the day.
@DJC3 it’s annoying isn’t it when you can’t check out the nutrition - but sounds like you made a good choice
@maglil55 and @Brunneria you've started a longing for pate!
@eggs11 well done on listening to your body. My body seems to be keen on three regular small meals at the moment but think it’s because I’ve not got much body fat anymore and so need the fuel - I used to be much less hungry but seven months in I’m settling into a different pattern which seems to work well for me at the moment. It seems to keep my new weight and bgs stable.
Breakfast one rasher bacon and egg
Lunch assorted pieces of cheese no nuts today I’ve been hitting them too hard! Followed by 5 100% choc buttons
Dinner pork casserole with cauliflower cheese followed by raspberry mousse and one square of 95% chocolate (Lidl) ironically tastes more bitter than the 100% variety. Now glass of gin and soda water.....

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (carefully measured 2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee (realised I’d forgotten the almond milk when I got back to bed with my breakfast, well it is Sunday!)
(Late) Lunch: treated my son to lunch at Wetherspoons in his Uni City after a weekend home, I had gammon, egg, mushrooms, half a tomato, peas and a side salad in place of chips
Mid-afternoon: stuck on the M25 with a bottle of water flavoured with Tesco One Sqeeze!
Dinner: cold meats, cheese and salad buffet at ILs with one Jaffa cake.

EDIT to add the egg!

Last edited:

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Brekkie 1 , 8 am . 2 small slices of Burgen bread with nature cheddar Cup of tea
Brekkie 2 , 12 pm 3 rashers and 2 eggs
Dinner . 5 30 roast beef 100gr baby carrots . 100gr peas . 1 very small roastie
Gravy.
Supper . 2 ryvita with cheese and a cuppa about 85 gr carbs for the day bit higher than normal but had guests for the weekend ..

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
[QUOTE="DJC3, post:

Dinner: Roast beef, garlic buttery cabbage, broccoli, and a Banting courgette gratin which was so delicious I didn’t miss roast spuds at all.
Choc chia pud afterwatds.[/QUOTE]

Banting courgette gratin - I'm curious? I know it's a kind of South African low carb but wondering what exactly this is. I like courgette by the way.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.6 FBG 7.2 so still a bit higher than Normal.
B. Still haunted by dollops of pate so another slice of Bfree toasted with lurpack and pate pate the fruity one. No kidney beans or prosecco though!
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. I have a large batch of Bolognese on the go in the IP which will feed hubby and the boys this evening with fresh spaghetti. I'll have it too but with the Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti. I've had their fettucine before but going for a different cut today. A glass of wine may be necessary.
Diet Doctor have finally added all the nutritional information to their recipes and for the members you can finally put together your own weekly plans , print the Shopping lists and more importantly save them. Previously you had to print since as soon as you went off line the weekly plan vanished. Huge difference

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PW1 how long do you normally microwave your bread for? I ended up with a plate of hot crumbs so perhaps didn’t do it long enough? Or maybe too long?

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all. Thanks so much for all hugs and kind wishes. I think I am slowly on the mend. Throat is a lot better and the nose is starting to dry up. So, just a bit of a cough left -- I am really hopeful for tomorrow.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. (Blood sugars actually dropped half an hour after having the first cup, but blood sugars were a bit higher to begin with -- maybe due to fighting the cold). Two wiener sausages.

Lunch: Soup (which I had prepared two days ago).

Snack: Four squares of 85% chocolate.

Dinner: A cornsalad with Caesar's dressing, parmesan and two medium boiled eggs. A DD keto roll, one half with liver pate and one half with butter and beef salami. Half an avocado.

Reactions: Mufflana and DJC3

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Out to see a friend who hadn’t seen for seven months ie before started my new way of eating and she was clearly shocked by the new me! However things got a bit complicated as had agreed to have a lunch with her in m and s cafe but there was literally nothing I could eat and think by the end of my no lunch session she clearly thought I had developed an eating disorder, asked if I’d discussed this strange diet with my gp and that she was worried about me, that it was unnatural for me to be a size 8 - and I had been feeling good! Oh well now I’m officially a low carb cult member and today ate .....
Breakfast one rasher of bacon @nd egg fried in coconut oil
Lunch 2 coffees and cream - one win was that m and s will do a jug of single cream with their Americano - you just can’t eat very low carb there!
Snack pre dinner as hungry - nuts and cheese.
Dinner chicken stir fry with bean spaghetti for noodles followed by cream whipped with frozen raspberries and a few drops of stevia made an instant soft ice cream lovely but very rich and filling!

Reactions: DJC3

Peadair O Brionn

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
having diabetes...... people who wear backpacks on the tube
Hi yiz all
Brekkie : cup of tea . 2 burgen bread with butter and marmite . Bout 20 gr
Lunch . Ham cheese and mushroom 3 egg omelette bottle of water . No carbs
Dinner: left over roast beef and 2 burgen bread 20 grm
Raspberries and strawberries with double cream 16gr
Supper : 2 ryvita with cheese . Cuppa . 18gr
74gr for the day .. not to bad gonna try and get it down over the next week or so

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi yiz all
74gr for the day .. not to bad gonna try and get it down over the next week or so
Why not change to low carb bread? Livlife is only 3.8g of carb per slice and would bring it down a lot? I get it from Waitrose and really like it.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 7.6 FBG 7.2 so still a bit higher than Normal.
B. Still haunted by dollops of pate so another slice of Bfree toasted with lurpack and pate pate the fruity one. No kidney beans or prosecco though!
L. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
D. I have a large batch of Bolognese on the go in the IP which will feed hubby and the boys this evening with fresh spaghetti. I'll have it too but with the Explore Cuisine edamame spaghetti. I've had their fettucine before but going for a different cut today. A glass of wine may be necessary.
Diet Doctor have finally added all the nutritional information to their recipes and for the members you can finally put together your own weekly plans , print the Shopping lists and more importantly save them. Previously you had to print since as soon as you went off line the weekly plan vanished. Huge difference
Skipped the wine but made Diet Doctor garlic bread instead. Tasted fine but don't think the texture was quite right. Mix was a bit dry. We'll see how it goes next time as it took me 2 shots to get the naan bread right.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all
Out to see a friend who hadn’t seen for seven months ie before started my new way of eating and she was clearly shocked by the new me! However things got a bit complicated as had agreed to have a lunch with her in m and s cafe but there was literally nothing I could eat and think by the end of my no lunch session she clearly thought I had developed an eating disorder, asked if I’d discussed this strange diet with my gp and that she was worried about me, that it was unnatural for me to be a size 8 - and I had been feeling good! Oh well now I’m officially a low carb cult member and today ate .....
Breakfast one rasher of bacon @nd egg fried in coconut oil
Lunch 2 coffees and cream - one win was that m and s will do a jug of single cream with their Americano - you just can’t eat very low carb there!
Snack pre dinner as hungry - nuts and cheese.
Dinner chicken stir fry with bean spaghetti for noodles followed by cream whipped with frozen raspberries and a few drops of stevia made an instant soft ice cream lovely but very rich and filling!
You're right about M&S there is absolutely nothing low carb to eat but water and coffee is plentiful.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi yiz all
I was going to suggest the same. The bulk of your carbs are coming from your burgen bread and Ryvita. There are lower carb alternatives and more filling options. I know my BG wouldn't tolerate that amount of bread. Bread was a big problem for me as I loved freshly made bread. Took a while to wean myself off it.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 glad you posted about DD garlic bread, I was going to have a bash at it this weekend, please let us know how you tweak it.

@shelley262 I had the same problem meeting a friend in Costa recently: absolutely nothing I could eat, I thought we were just meeting for coffee but she assumed lunch too, so was a bit cheesed off with me for not eating.
It’s funny how people express concern for your health when you lose weight, just envy in many cases I think.

Today I’ve eaten...

11am: Avocado, poached egg, spinach and a bit of left over courgette gratin.

Yoga this evening and home for cold supper:
Parma ham, walnuts, olives and brie.
There is a chocolate chia pud in the fridge waiting for me too.