What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 Jennifer Banz must have known about your chicken fest

https://jenniferbanz.com/instant-pot-creamy-chicken-soup

Thanks @maglil55 I feel quite chuffed as this was pretty similar to the one I cobbled together, except mine was v heavy on mushrooms, ( I love mushrooms). Like her, I also lobbed in cream cheese and cream at the end- rich and delicious!
I like Jennifer Banz, had a few good ideas here.

Glad your grandsons are also enjoying the benefits of the IP.

Reactions: maglil55

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6.9 FBG 6.5. Still sitting high. Dropping fine during the day and the DP rise is declining as is usual after I've been unwell. Took in Aqua Zumba today then my 2 hr trip to see sister who is not good I'm afraid (brother was driving so it gave me a rest).
B. Scrambled egg and a Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Lo dough pizza with tomato, chilli, salami and mozzarella.
Chia Pudding 2 squares Lindt 90%.

I made macaroni with a lamb ragu for the boys (thank you IP) which No 2 (5 year old) was eyeing suspiciousmy. First bite and he announced "Hmmmm , actually this is very tasty" - so glad it met with your approval!
Sorry to read about your sister, my neighbour, a lovely older lady who is a great inspiration, has a gentleman friend, a really lovely man, today they received some very upsetting news regarding his health. Very sad.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with cauliflower, broccoli and yellow pepper salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: orange chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly with cream and LC chocolate granola.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry to read about your sister, my neighbour, a lovely older lady who is a great inspiration, has a gentleman friend, a really lovely man, today they received some very upsetting news regarding his health. Very sad.
I've been visiting a lot but I noticed a marked decline today. The palliative care has ramped up in this last week thankfully.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @maglil55 I feel quite chuffed as this was pretty similar to the one I cobbled together, except mine was v heavy on mushrooms, ( I love mushrooms). Like her, I also lobbed in cream cheese and cream at the end- rich and delicious!
I like Jennifer Banz, had a few good ideas here.

Glad your grandsons are also enjoying the benefits of the IP.
I did enjoy the air fried sprouts the other day and the boys have said they'd like that macaroni again (although that wee one is 5 going on 45).
She does have good recipes though. I'm glad you alerted me to her.

Reactions: DJC3

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Went and picked up my lap results for the last three years today. Really interesting, seems all my liver results have been normal for the last three years. Just goes to show that liver fat really clears quickly and function returns to normal on a low carb diet.

Wonderful weather here too. We really took advantage and had a glass of wine sitting outside enjoying the sun. Significantly colder weather expected for the weekend, though.

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Three scrambled eggs with mushrooms, fennel, green onion, a small jalapeno pepper and cheese. Oxtail soup with coconut milk, red curry paste, bellpepper, mushrooms, and pumpkin. Half a DD keto roll with cream goat cheese and smoked salmon. Some lupin-hummus. In the end only ate half of the soup and half of the scrambled eggs because I wasn't hungry enough.

Afternoon while outside: A glass of red wine.

Dinner: Leftover scrambled eggs from earlier, some lupin-hummus, eggplant and tomatoes in garlic-tomato sauce. Lamb's lettuce with homemade lime-mustard dressing, feta cheese and some blackberries.

@maglil55 -- Hugs, so sorry to read your sister isn't doing well. Must be tough on all of you.

Reactions: Jemz and maglil55

Geoffno6

Derik was a bit of a waste of time.
B @Rachox porridge, egg, bacon, avocado
L boiled eggs, pork pie with crust removed
D what I could find when I got to Victoria station to take on the train to Liverpool. Prawns, squid, coleslaw, smoked cheese, tiny punnet of strawberries and whipping cream.
BS 8s and 9s dropping to 7s at 9pm and 5.7 after a 2.5m run at 10pm still down at 6.5 some 90 minutes later

Robbity

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very early breakfast: part of a multi portion chocolate hazelnut muffin (my basic microwove muffin mix but using hazelnut meal, with added cocoa and a big dollop of crunchy hazelnut butter) served with a sort of fat bomb made with coconut manna and oil, ethyritol and cocoa. (I make this in a jar and scoop out bombs as required...) Mocha mix with cream to drink.

No lunch due to fatty bomb breakfast.

Dinner: Baked chicken and chorizo cooked in halogen oven with courgettes, baby peppers, cherry tomatoes, mixed olives, fresh oregano, garlic. sweet smoked paprika , slice or two of red onion and a drizzle of olive oil. Raspberries and clotted cream. Cinnamon tea.

Supper: rest of breakfasrt muffin with more fat bomb and cocoa with cream to drink.

Not quite enough water yet....

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all.

Went and picked up my lap results for the last three years today. Really interesting, seems all my liver results have been normal for the last three years. Just goes to show that liver fat really clears quickly and function returns to normal on a low carb diet.

Wonderful weather here too. We really took advantage and had a glass of wine sitting outside enjoying the sun. Significantly colder weather expected for the weekend, though.

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Three scrambled eggs with mushrooms, fennel, green onion, a small jalapeno pepper and cheese. Oxtail soup with coconut milk, red curry paste, bellpepper, mushrooms, and pumpkin. Half a DD keto roll with cream goat cheese and smoked salmon. Some lupin-hummus. In the end only ate half of the soup and half of the scrambled eggs because I wasn't hungry enough.

Afternoon while outside: A glass of red wine.

Dinner: Leftover scrambled eggs from earlier, some lupin-hummus, eggplant and tomatoes in garlic-tomato sauce. Lamb's lettuce with homemade lime-mustard dressing, feta cheese and some blackberries.

@maglil55 -- Hugs, so sorry to read your sister isn't doing well. Must be tough on all of you.
Thanks @ziggy_w. It's the decline that affects me most. It's been a truly awful year after losing my brother as well. X

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all feeling bit sad as only one day of hols left! Lovely day again hikeand ruins again this morning and swimming this afternoon.
Breakfast cheese and ham omlette
Lunch three lamb chops and Greek salad
Dinner fish and salad with Greek red wine followed by Greek yoghurt

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, that all turned around quickly. Spent most of the day muttering this too shall pass and half convincing myself TINA was the only gal for me. Late lunch came back as a reasonable 5 and evening meal so much better than it had any right to be. The quality of the smoked salmon was very special. Hope everyone had equally enjoyable whole or part days.

Wakey Wakey: Skinny bulletproof coffee (Liberte 0% and inulin, filter coffee smashed in nutribullet) Tea
Breakfast : Tea
2.00 -2.30 Taster Waitrose caramel and crunchy base chocky (very small- I have bigger toenails- but amazing) and a Latte
Very late Lunch : Tea; 2 big flat mushrooms; 4 rashers streaky bacon (so thin); 2 large fried eggs; by 3.20 I had lost the desire for nutritious and just wanted comfort; failed big time on both fronts
Lat Afternoon: walk and Pepsi Max
Evening meal: Smoked salmon fillet from Cley smokehouse flaked into broccoli rice, yellow pepper and portabello mushroom; couple spoons h/m veg stock (new superfood) ; stewed rhubarb and flaxseed+inulin with extra thick jersey double cream.
@maglil55 Huge sympathy. Mrs P went through similar with her sister not an easy time

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Feeling very full as I write this - think I’ve overdone it!

B: Scrambled eggs on Marmite toast ( 90 second microwave bread)

L: Tin of mackerel in olive oil with green leaves, celery, feta, pumpkin and sunflower seeds. Olive oil and acv dressing.
Almond butter lazy mousse.

D: IP chicken made up recipe with bacon, leek and mushroom creamy sauce. Served with parmesan roast broc, cauli and sprouts ( never had roast sprouts before but I’m a convert now)
Couple of glasses of red wine.