What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another bad night due to this cold/flu that just is refusing to go.
Only 2 clear teas and 1 cwc until 1p.m but then hubby and I were out doing an errand neither of us wanted to do so we got grumpy.
In a garden centre cafe he had cottage pie and I went for jacket potato with tuna. We needed comfort food and I'm determined to get the value out of this libre testing foods I wouldn't usually have. Happy tO report it did spike so I now have a vivid visual memory of why best not to choose it again.
At least even hubby declined cake.
5pm a packet of Cheesies while cooking dinner, for which I got mugged by the cat!
D: lamb kofta on broccoli with a cucumber and mint yoghurt dressing, topped with crunchy kale.
4 sqs coconut chocolate

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and food dr bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: bolognese with sliced sautéed courgette with a sprinkling of grated mature cheddar followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

B2826D53-7AD5-400A-9948-BF72CA659FDD.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Black coffee all morning.
Lunch was M&S sesame and linseed wholemeal flatbread ( I think these are the ones you have @maglil55 ? 5.2 g carb each but they are big) Cornish blue cheese, sauerkraut and a h/b egg.
D- h/m cheeseburgers on portabella mushroom, Sauerkraut. Raspberries and cream to follow.
@shelley262 I’m going to try a small apple again with a zero carb meal and keep everything crossed. I can’t bring myself to give the good bit to the Guinea pigs.
IMG_2096.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch was M&S sesame and linseed wholemeal flatbread
I've tried those. Yes one is very filling but I did find they raised my bg more the carb count would lead me to believe. Not dangerously high, but more than I'm comfortable with.
I wish they would bring back the super seedy crackers

Edited for typo

Last edited:

Namake

I had a hybrid flat bread/cake I make with almond flour, sunflower seeds, a courgette, 4 eggs, vanilla powder, erythrol, baking powder and pinch salt with goat butter spread on top and variety of pukka teas for breakfast and lunch. Evening meal in air fryer - 1 aubergine, 1 courgette, 1 large mushroom, 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 red onion, 4 asparagus, in avocado oil spritz with chopped chorizo and crumbled feta . Feeling full …..

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: slices of cold lamb left from yesterday with a little Branston.

2nd meal: probably courgetti with Bolognese sauce. It doesn't look as though my friend will be coming this week, so I'd be just as well using it - or at least, some of it. The pasta version will go into the freezer.

I cut my basal insulin down this morning from 58 units to 54, as suggested by the diabetes nurse. BG is a bit higher as a result 7.5 this morning at 4.15 and up to 9.1 before taking a small dose of insulin before breakfast. Might put basal dose up to 56 for a bit and see the effect of that.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've tried those. Yes one is very filling but I did find they raised my bg more the carb count would lead me to believe. Not dangerously high, but more than I'm comfortable with.
I wish they would bring back the super seedy crackers

Edited for typo

My BG wasn’t too bad afterwards, but I’ve broken the rest up and put in a Tupperware. Then I’ll just take a couple of bits out at a time - maybe 2/3 of a whole cracker.
I agree, really wish they’d bring those super seedy crackers back. Even a whole pack didn’t do too much damage!

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
B - Skipped just had water until about 12.pm (15 hours fast)
L - Chicken soup added chicken breast, chickpeas, mushrooms and dash of cream. 1 small cream tea.
D - Chicken curry or bolognaise not sure yet

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Porchetta and baby plum tomatoes
Smoked salmon
Beef

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Purple 12

I’ve been in a rut with food recently so I’ve been checking my CMT and DD recipes for inspiration.
Black coffee until 11:00
B- https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-huevos-rancheros-with-cheese-tortillas which made a welcome change from a cheese omelette. ( even though similar ingredients)
Made some chocolate coconut bites - like a low carb Bounty bar. I used to make these a lot. Had a couple mid aft plus some macadamia nuts.
D- more of the 1/2 a hogget I have in the freezer. Today was shanks, slow cooked in red wine. A glass of red to accompany it and raspberries& cream to follow.
IMG_2107.jpg

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10ish kefir with spoon of rhubarb
1.30ish. Fried some mushrooms in olive oil then fried two eggs and served with slice of LC toast followed by one Apple peel and two squares of 100% chocolate
5ish pork in mushroom sauce on bed of spring cabbage also glass of red wine followed by LC blondie warned and served with yoghurt.

Reactions: maglil55 and Annb

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and DGF millionaires shortbread.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken and mushroom korma with cauliflower rice followed by SF strawberry jelly and cream.

60985CD9-345F-4FD2-8F60-4EB87BE26CB9.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late breakfast of 2 scrambled eggs lead more or less straight intoa lunch if hm veg soup. As I'm testing with a libre I added a potato to the mix of broccoli stalks, 1 carrot and an onion. Disappointed to see that even a small portion sent my bg up way too high. Later on I tried a bowlful but diluted with an equal amount of milk. Still too high. Have donated the the rest to the boys.

Mid afternoon found a pack of dark chocolate wafers at the back of the cupboard. Sell by date last August! Slightly soft but I still ate the lot!
Did raise my bg, but nowhere near as much as the potato soup!!

D: 2 sausages and kale. 2 cubes hm lc choc ice cream. 1 Scotch.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Survived the yearly visit with diabetes nurse, phoned my idiot pharmacist about a mistake they made, and called the rheumathology department of the hospital to ask how getting an appointment works.
Diabetes nurse is very nice actually but those appointments always leave me completely drained.
The person I spoke to in the rheumathology department seemed to think I was complaining about the 3 months waiting list to get an appointment and accordingly short in her replies. I wasn't complaining, I merely wanted to make sure I did everything right to get that appointment when it is my turn. It clearly didn't occur to her for a second that getting a first referral to a department for painful chronic illnesses may be quite unsettling.

Anyway, after getting home and making those phonecalls, there wasn't room left in my head to cook a proper meal.
No problem, a slice of low carb bread with two boiled eggs and cheese, and a LC cracker with German 'zwiebelmettwurst' and onion did me just fine for a main meal. :joyful:

Tomorrow will be another improvised meal, and after that I'll mess up with my diabetes because it's our yearly family weekend again. That's ok, it's a planned messing up and I look forward to the weekend!

1680206540944.png

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Welcome @Purple 12

I’ve been in a rut with food recently so I’ve been checking my CMT and DD recipes for inspiration.
Black coffee until 11:00
B- https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/keto-huevos-rancheros-with-cheese-tortillas which made a welcome change from a cheese omelette. ( even though similar ingredients)
Made some chocolate coconut bites - like a low carb Bounty bar. I used to make these a lot. Had a couple mid aft plus some macadamia nuts.
D- more of the 1/2 a hogget I have in the freezer. Today was shanks, slow cooked in red wine. A glass of red to accompany it and raspberries& cream to follow.
View attachment 60100
Ooo! I like the look of them.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Black coffee all morning.
Lunch was M&S sesame and linseed wholemeal flatbread ( I think these are the ones you have @maglil55 ? 5.2 g carb each but they are big) Cornish blue cheese, sauerkraut and a h/b egg.
D- h/m cheeseburgers on portabella mushroom, Sauerkraut. Raspberries and cream to follow.
@shelley262 I’m going to try a small apple again with a zero carb meal and keep everything crossed. I can’t bring myself to give the good bit to the Guinea pigs.
View attachment 60082
I've had them before, but the ones I have currently are round - crispy cheese & a Wheaten one as well.