What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The weather was so horrid I couldn’t persuade Dennis out for his afternoon walk so I did something I never do - put the tv on in the daytime! We curled up on the sofa and watched a new Netflix series while I had a low carb cinnamon donut and coffee and he had a chew toy.
I need an "envious" emoji for that afternoon. My idea of heaven :)

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Annb feel for you with your blood tests it is so difficult getting everything balanced. Personally I find that my LDL cholesterol goes up more the closer to carnivore I go and although I'm not convinced that high LDL is necessarily bad for me as I have also low trigs and high HDL it's always tough when medics view it as bad. I also find carnivore difficult as I like veggies and fermented food. We all have to work out our best path that works for us. Do remember too that a lot of blood tests like cholesterol and some of the kidney related ones are not static but can go up and down for example I've found that the better hydrated I am in the days before my blood draw my blood is easier for them to take but also results often better generally!
Today's food
Mid am small kefir and supplements
Lunch smoked trout and kimchi
View attachment 65364

Dinner more fish! Sea bream and green beans then low carb blondie. Also one of my hotel chocolat 70% truffles - still got some more left to try and ration!
I have avoided the kimchi since it upset my tummy but the prebio supplements I had to take again seems to have calmed everything down - I thought it was the kimchi but it could even have just been hormones - I am absolutely fine with kefir which I take regularly with my berries x

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you glad to see Lowcarbfood.co are back in business? I am, no other rolls I have tried come even close to how good theirs are. Yippeee! I really hope they have done a good job with your foot this time and it is getting better for you x
I was lucky with the LCFC, I’d just ordered when they stopped trading and they were back in business when I needed more.
My foot isn’t such good news, I’m still in a surgical boot and on crutches and it’s not really getting better :(

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't remember when I last posted exactly.
Had to do another dash to other end of country and back again.
Packed a box of almonds, olives and cheese, and took a bag of chicken crackling and one of cheesies as emergency supplies.
Ate some of the box for lunch yesterday then ate several biscuits at a meeting in the afternoon (too tempting when left in the centre of the table)
D was cooked turkey reheated in a curry sauce. Boys also had rice and Christmas cake.
I did eat about 4 chocolates in the evening (again proving I only avoid them at home by not having them in the house. Am just a girl who can't say No)
A couple glasses red wine

B: today was 2 hard boiled eggs bought en route yesterday
Lunch the rest of my packed box, a glass white wine

Snack in the car: the chicken crackling, bbq flavour. The seasoning was strong and sweet so couldn't eat much, even though packet says lc. Would have been better with less seasoning. In fact even between hubby and me we didn't finish the one small packet.

D: a fish in sauce (from the freezer) served with sprouts and carrots cooked with bacon.
A glass white
Later a hm lc cinnamon muffin and a scoop ice cream.

Still conscious I'm comfort and stress eating, but at least back home now I can be a lot more lc.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I was lucky with the LCFC, I’d just ordered when they stopped trading and they were back in business when I needed more.
My foot isn’t such good news, I’m still in a surgical boot and on crutches and it’s not really getting better :(
So sorry to hear about your foot.
I've just made my first order with LCFC to try their LC rolls and pasta had a free delivery code offered as a new customer but delivery not until end of next week.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Awww so sorry to hear about your foot - that's not good just now but hey ho things can change with time - positive thinking - take good care of and look after yourself - sending you some virtual hugs xx

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you on both the linguistics and the friendly wishes for tomorrow!

... I like the word thawed better than defrosted so I'll stick to thawed (and wondering why it isn't thawn but not asking because this thread is about food and I still have that pesky retired mod badge urging me to not derail too much even at 2:30 am).
Evening @Antje77. Well, I don't have a pesky retired mod badge urging me not to derail too much!

Thaw is a weak English verb, so you just add -ed, whereas strong English verbs like to freeze or to choose change in various ways such as frozen and chosen.

A similar thing happens in German. I expect you have weak verbs and strong verbs in Dutch too. Hope this helps.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Shame about your foot and the crutches. What do the doctors say about it healing?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone, just popped in to say I hope you have all had a good Christmas and I wish you all a Very Happy and Healthy New Year. I have lost my monitor so will have to find a new one and then I'll be back. :D
Welcome back Rosemary :)
You don't need a meter to post on this thread, just to have eaten somewhere sometime.
Are you fully better now?

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all. It's me again.

Following today's post, we put in an appearance at a Twelth Night-cum-house warming party.

I sipped a pleasant dry white wine and there were some interesting canapés.
The celery bites with goat's cheese and chives were tasty and a chicory boat with blue cheese, apple and cranberries went down a treat!

Wishing everyone a peaceful Twelth Night and good low carbing in 2024.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Evening @Antje77. Well, I don't have a pesky retired mod badge urging me not to derail too much!

Thaw is a weak English verb, so you just add -ed, whereas strong English verbs like to freeze or to choose change in various ways such as frozen and chosen.

A similar thing happens in German. I expect you have weak verbs and strong verbs in Dutch too. Hope this helps.
Oh, duh, makes perfect sense, and yes, we have weak/strong or regular/irregular verbs as well, Dutch works much along the lines of German, except it's a little less complicated.

Thanks everyone for your lovely reactions, I'm spending the night on a ship so using my phone instead of PC, and getting completely lost in the thread.
@Rachox , I'm so sorry about the foot unwilling to behave and heal nicely.

I love that branmayo is now a thing!

There was a generous amount of Branston mixed into today's cauliflower puree shared with the skipper/friend I went to the concert with. She really liked my puree as an alternative to potatoes, and even though non diabetic, she'll make it in the future because it's tasty. :)

The deer stew (phone, so no idea how to scroll back to the right word without losing my post) my friend gave me after Christmas was amazing, as was the concert!

Now to find out how to include a picture of our meal on my phone ...

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Here you go, skipper Yvonne included, meal on board before concert!
I had some serious fights with anxiety on my drive to the city, and some more with the crowds at the venue. Won all of those fights!

20240105_192402.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All been MIA again so back to Thursday
Brekkie usual slice LC toast and copious (or should that be octupus) tea.
Lunch was ryvita with generous topping of egg mayo and tea.
Supper was chunky cod fingers with the last, probably ever, Brussels sprouts. For some reason this year they have really disagreed with my tummy.
Yesterday usual brekkie.
Lunch was the same as Thursday.
Supper was a large lamb chop, started on the pan and finished in the oven with roasted Med veg with herbs.
Today just had usual brekkie.
Lunch will be scrambled eggs or chunks of cheese.
Going for a walk beforehand with son, DIL and new grandson in his pram and their cocker spaniel.
Supper will be Chicken Shaslik from Waitrose with remainder of the roasted Med veg from last night.
@Annb sorry for the concerning blood results and hope its only a moment in time and the next lot will be better. @Rachox hug for the slow healing of your foot.
Some of you may know I have been having regular eye injections for years and the one before Christmas caused Corneal Abrasion which was 3 days of pain I would n’t wish on my worst enemy. Anyway wrote to my Consultant (who did said injection and got it wrong) as politely as I could and asked for a review in lieu of my next injection to which he has agreed, on 11 March. I suppose thats a good result as I really don’t know if I have the courage to have another injection!

RosemaryJackson

Morning all. Thank you for the welcome back. @LivingLightly and @MrsA2 , I'm as ok as I can be thank you. I've been with my son and family for the first Christmas and New Year in years and it's been absolutely wonderful. Can't say the same for my diet though! My Dutch 'son' brought me dates and almonds wrapped in chocolate from Dubai plus a big box of Belgian chocolates! :oops: Needless to say I didn't eat them all! To keep in line with the thread, I had a piece of fish from the fish shop yesterday (not good I know) but today I have some red cabbage, celeriac and sausages so back on the wagon and hope I don't fall off so quickly. Have a good weekend folks. :)

sueh21

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, hope everyone is ok. Resorted to hydrocortisone cream for my itchy rash last night and slept through for the first time in about 3 weeks,hurray!
Yesterday
B Coconut porridge,raspberries
L Smashed avo and poached eggs on livlife toast
D Pizza! Fathead dough with mushrooms,asparagus, peppers, pepperoni and mozzarella. Green salad. H&B dark choc hazelnuts,Friday treat.