What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Ow, ow, OWWWWWW I've got crampy legs from the Tai Chi and I haven't even done it today. Asda delivery man' s face was a picture when I started hopping round the hall and rubbing my calf muscles. I expect he thought 'I've got a right one here'

So,

Breakfast: DD Coconut porridge as inspired by @Rachox - nice, but maybe a bit bland. I think adding some vanilla, cinnamon or berries of some kind would liven it up a bit. Definitely on the menu again for next week.

Lunch: A bit of cheese (if needed)

Dinner: Ham hocks (hot) with salad and h/m red cabbage coleslaw.

Drinks: Morning: black decaff coffee, Afternoon: Sainsbury Bounty bar flavour tea or just plain water and dinner/evening: a glass or two of red wine

Reactions: maglil55

jpscloud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nothing so far - hoping to complete a second 24 hour fast. Going very well for the moment, no hunger or self-pity!

Reactions: DJC3

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Boo1979 oh how awful, I hope you got a black mark put on somebody’s record for that one. Physios do not always know best. So how is your back by now, and your foot?
Thanks for your concern - my foots ok but my back is still quite painful although it has improved somewhat across the week. The issues the group appears to have reactivated relate to a injurys sustained when I was driving up the motorway at 70mph and a lorry pulled out of his lane into the side of my car - it took ages to get painfree so Im particularly annoyed at it being reactivated. The thing that really annoyed me about the physio yesterday was that he had referred me to a general lower body exercise group but didn't take any medical history and then said that even if he had known about the back injury and the problems the group exercises have caused, he’d still have referred me. I didnt go into the appointment intensing to complain but his attitude just made me angry

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Could I ask what make the elderflower tonic is? Is it sugar free?

Elderflower tonic is by Schweppes, got mine from Sainsburys, should think its widely available. Yes, slimline so sugar free.

Reactions: jjraak

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ow, ow, OWWWWWW I've got crampy legs from the Tai Chi and I haven't even done it today. Asda delivery man' s face was a picture when I started hopping round the hall and rubbing my calf muscles. I expect he thought 'I've got a right one here'

So,

Breakfast: DD Coconut porridge as inspired by @Rachox - nice, but maybe a bit bland. I think adding some vanilla, cinnamon or berries of some kind would liven it up a bit. Definitely on the menu again for next week.

Lunch: A bit of cheese (if needed)

Dinner: Ham hocks (hot) with salad and h/m red cabbage coleslaw.

Drinks: Morning: black decaff coffee, Afternoon: Sainsbury Bounty bar flavour tea or just plain water and dinner/evening: a glass or two of red wine
Ouch! I find magnesium spray helps a lot with cramps - have had good results for calf, thigh & foot cramps over the years

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: DD Coconut porridge as inspired by @Rachox - nice, but maybe a bit bland. I think adding some vanilla, cinnamon or berries of some kind would liven it up a bit. Definitely on the menu again for next week

I always eat mine with strawberries and double cream :hungry:

Reactions: zauberflote

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - pumpkin spice overnight “oats” ( actually shelled hemp seeds) - ok but Ive had better
L- 1/2 ball of smoked buffalo mozarella with a salad of rocket, pea shoots, l baby pepper, 15g garlic mayo
D- will be something salmon based as Ive rescued a pkt of 2 wild salmon fillets from the freezer and they need cooking today - possibly poached salmon with asparagus and green beans
Drinks - so far 2 x cappucinos made with 50% unsweetened soya milk & 50% lactofree milk - an improvement taste wise on 100% soya and carb wise on 100% lactofree milk.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast - Hi lo toast and butter
Lunch- One sourdough cracker with pate, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese stuffed peppers, bacon strips, roast chicken. Four strawberries, cream and chocolate granola.
Dinner - unknown. Out to friends for tea, very kindly said she would make a low carb dessert, unfortunately had 200gms of caster sugar in it so needless to say taking my own! :D
Snacks- One mini bar of Mosser Roth 85% chocolate.

Cooking today consisted of breakfast granola and brownie for tonight. Kept the kitchen warm, just had a flurry of snow!!(not in kitchen);)

Nurse told me that blood pressure down by 10 points on both measurements. Must be down to not eating crisps, biscuits and other salt laden baddies! :happy:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - Hi lo toast and butter
Lunch- One sourdough cracker with pate, cucumber, tomatoes, cheese stuffed peppers, bacon strips, roast chicken. Four strawberries, cream and chocolate granola.
Dinner - unknown. Out to friends for tea, very kindly said she would make a low carb dessert, unfortunately had 200gms of caster sugar in it so needless to say taking my own! :D
Snacks- One mini bar of Mosser Roth 85% chocolate.

Cooking today consisted of breakfast granola and brownie for tonight. Kept the kitchen warm, just had a flurry of snow!!(not in kitchen);)

Nurse told me that blood pressure down by 10 points on both measurements. Must be down to not eating crisps, biscuits and other salt laden baddies! :happy:
Congratulations on your lowering blood pressure.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quick entry before go out to a birthday party for which I’ve made a lc lemon drizzle cake - I’m planning to avoid nibbles and just stick to lc cake
Breakfast bacon and egg
Snack lunch 5 walnuts and some Greek yoghurt
Dinner small portion of bolognese served on mushrooms and bare naked spaghetti with Parmesan cheese - pudding later birthday cake!
Hope everyone has a good evening I’m not looking forward to the walk in cold wet windy weather but worth it to see friends.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Have a lovely time at the party @shelley262 , hope they enjoy the cake.
@Boo1979 a hug for the pain, it’s awful that its been reactivated after so long.

Today I’ve had far too much coffee - note to self ‘ just because it’s a big coffee pot I don’t need to fill it’ it was exciting to have fresh coffee to hand all day though

Breakfast just coffee&cream ( lots)

Lunch an odd mix of leftovers - small spoonful of M&S Honduras prawns, seared artichokes, prawn cocktail, tiny bit of smoked salmon, rocket and olives. Sliver of HC yule log

Dinner slow roast belly pork with broccoli cheese and buttered cabbage. Was full after a couple of mouthfuls though so I reckon thats tomorrow’s lunch sorted.

Went to a Diabetes Workshop today and was very pleasantly surprised. It was organised by the local CCG and run by a local GP who was very switched on about Lchf. She talked about the need for patients to be proactive and not assume their medication would cure them, and how important it was to know your HbA1c ( nobody else there knew theirs) She told us not to drink fruit juice, even the ones labelled ‘no added sugar’ or eat ‘healthy’ cereal bars and generally talked a lot of sense about carbs, saying they all break down to sugar and they aren’t essential for energy!
It got a bit confused at the end when she said people should look at the packets and check fat content but all in all it wasnt a waste of time and I managed to spout on a bit about this forum which she seemed very supportive of. Wow!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Traveling down to Birmingham today to spend time with son and family.
Breakfast at motorway services; :M&S chargrilled chicken and edamame protein pot.
Lunch; Nando. 5 chicken wings and a side salad.
Dinner: Panang with zero rice and meat omelette - my daughter in law is Thai so always brilliant and sugar free.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Very glad to have made it to the weekend.

@Chook sorry about the cramps and @Boo1979 ditto the back pain

@DJC3 sounds like your workshop went well.

@shelley262 enjoy the birthday party.

Yesterday’s comparative feast seems to have done the trick so far as hunger is concerned. Lunch today was at Nando’s. Snap, @dunelm Redeemed a reward for a free half chicken. They were kind enough to let me have 2 legs.

Dinner was M&S Arbroath kippers with butter. @maglil55 I think it was you that mentioned these recently - thanks they were delicious. However, after an impromptu long walk home from central London, I wasn’t overly hungry so could only eat one of the 2 fillets. Rest stowed away so I can experiment with making my first ever pate at the weekend.

Last edited:

Kingmidas

Breakfast - nothing: I find when I'm working at home (which is most of the time) I'm not remotely hungry till about 11 or 12 and then its nearly lunchtime!

Neveryheless I had an Atkins bar and coffee at 11 ish

Lunch - rollitos, celery, full fat soft cheese, feta stuffed peppers, pecans and a rather nice tapas type dish of prawns and sundried tomatoes from Tesco. SF jelly

Dinner - made myself a lo dough pasty, and found it the best use of lo dough yet. Plenty of egg wash and it was nice and shiny on the outside. I thought I was putting homemade bolognese in it but it turned out to be chilli lol ... it was really very nice nevertheless! Daughter makes both from scratch and there's always far too much so we end up freezing them and never putting labels on ... so it's guesswork! Since I've been eating a low carb diet (and daughter doesn't like convenience foods) I've realised how much sugar is in ready made sauces. My husband still has them and if I ever have a taste of his - yuk.

Another SF jelly and some frozen cherries for dessert
20190118_191553.jpg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening LC gourmets neighbourhood peasant here.
Breakfast: Tea - several big mugs at least 2 were 1.5 pints, 2 mugs with inulin
Lunch: Corned beef “sandwich” - livelife dolls house sized slices; chicken thigh; nothing wrong with taste but without the 2 x 1.5 pints of tea totally unsatiating would probably be better fasting; Late afternoon: Lemon and ginger tea
Evening meal: Salmon fillet - crispy skin - large salad with lots of avocado and chia seeds; bear sick as the yoofage might opine; no cocoa yet so I will organise that later
Lat muscle much better but resting makes for a very long day - hope you all had fulfilling days.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad your muscle pain is improving @ianpspurs.

@Kingmidas your pasty looks amazing. I tried lodough and didnt like it much but I would definitely be tempted by your pasty on a buffet table, or anywhere really.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening you lovely lot, not sure why I'm posting as all I had today were 2 high meat sausages around 11.30am, tea and water. Well that's boring and I'm still not hungry....
Hubby has picked all the bad stuff as I haven't cooked today - his Nans burial and after do...
Maybe a square of cheese and I'll be done.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 5.5 FBG 5.7 - Much better. @Boo1979 - I visited my good looking sadist today and glad to say my experience was different to yours. I've been having major hip problems which was concerning me as I don't need it on top of all the nerve damage I have from the crash. Thankfully , he's resolved it. Some pretty painful stretching and manipulation and hip joint is behaving itself. Busy day what with school run, off to physio, joint stretching, back to get boys, back with them for lunch, library then back to brother's to visit the family before they return to Australia. Now relaxing with right hip in a stretch position (been given homework).
B. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream and a very quick scrambled egg.
L. Slice of ox tongue and 4 santini tomatoes.
D. Burger with slice of applewood smoked cheddar, coleslaw, 4 santini tomatoes, 1/2 avocado and a few veggie chips. Oh and a portobello mushroom.
During the library visit (to pick up books on Mary Queen of Scots - historically accurate unlike the Hollywood version) boys decided they'd like another poster. No 1 went for the Periodic Table and then proceeded to test me on it while driving. He was impressed at what I could remember but chastised me for making mistakes! I did point out that it was getting on for 50 years since I'd memorised it.