What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Had to rush out first thing so coffee with cream first thing.
Lunch range of cheese and lc seeded crispbreads with a few nuts followed by 10 HC 100% cocoa buttons with coffee and cream
Dinner salmon in lemon butter served with cauliflower cheese and asparagus followed by sf jelly and Greek yoghurt with a splodge of cream.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was : Crispy fried streaky bacon, sausage and avocado slices. I tried frying some of the avocado slices too. Not bad.
Lunch: Greek yoghourt with fresh strawberries.
Dinner : Leftover chicken with bean sprout and mushroom stir fry with broccoli rice. Stewed rhubarb and greek yoghourt followed.

Mugs of tea throughout.

A couple of handfuls of roasted peanuts and a 25 gram bar of 80% chocolate.

Another bag 75 grams of sugar free liquorice. Which is probably twice as much as I need.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
this morning 20-03 apparently is :happy:international day of HAPPINESS
oops pressed post too soon.
breakfast: Two slices burgen toast with butter and 50g castello blue cheese, two mugs tea, 551 calories
lunch: chunk of cheese and mug of coffee, bit shell shocked from Docs straight talking.
dinner: salmon portion, stirfry veg, glass of wine, chocolate eclair with real cream (only 19g carbs)

may be more of something or other later
Supper: Cup of tea. Chunk of manchego cheese, my favourite. Even better than usual as a bargain - reduced from £7.29 - £1.84:D At last something to be happy about:)

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken and pistachios with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: coffee chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: Balti chicken curry and Cauli Rice, funny how I enjoy hotter curries these days, two on the chilli scale, when I only ever did one chilli before! Followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

39B5592D-64B5-4FFE-B374-7DBE4AAF3F5F.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Caeseji I’m really glad your family are enjoying lchf too. Makes such a difference if you can all have the same meals.
@ianpspurs sorry to hear of reactive arthritis and the need for tramadol and steroids but I hope they help. No wonder she’s been feeling so poorly.
@SlimLizzy have I missed one of your posts? What happened with the straight talking doc?

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@Caeseji I’m really glad your family are enjoying lchf too. Makes such a difference if you can all have the same meals.
@ianpspurs sorry to hear of reactive arthritis and the need for tramadol and steroids but I hope they help. No wonder she’s been feeling so poorly.
@SlimLizzy have I missed one of your posts? What happened with the straight talking doc?
working on it

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
this morning 20-03 apparently is :happy:international day of HAPPINESS
oops pressed post too soon.
breakfast: Two slices burgen toast with butter and 50g castello blue cheese, two mugs tea, 551 calories
lunch: chunk of cheese and mug of coffee, bit shell shocked from Docs straight talking.
dinner: salmon portion, stirfry veg, glass of wine, chocolate eclair with real cream (only 19g carbs)

may be more of something or other later
Are you okay @SlimLizzy? Not sure I I've missed something.....sounds like you're not having a great time if it.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs Sending healing hugs in your direction. I hope kitchen fairy is back to good health again soon.

We had a lovely day out in Snowdonia today. The weather was mostly beautiful apart from a brief spell where thick fog descended from nowhere! That's Wales for you. @DJC3 It's funny what you were saying about tea rooms, as we feel the same now. It was almost a ritual for us to find places for tea and cake whenever we were on holiday. Funnily enough, we still seek out nice cafés wherever we are, but the treat is a delicious coffee which we savour. We found two lovely cafés today and thoroughly enjoyed our coffees.

Breakfast: Yes, you guessed it, chia pudding with raspberry chia jam. CWC.
Lunch: Packed lunch enjoyed at Llanrwst. Diet Doctor roll each. Mine was filled with smoked salmon and cream cheese and Mr B had cheese and ham. A few nuts.
Two cheeky coffees with cream (at Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig) and a couple of these: https://www.marksandspencerfoodhall...e-discs--847177bc-83e5-46ae-b296-d5acdbfd62f8. I wish they did them in a higher % choc, but at just over 1.5g of carbs per disc and individually wrapped, they are ideal to pop in a handbag.
Dinner: Chicken pizzaiola with celeriac chips and wilted spinach. 1 square of 85% M&S Peru choc. Decaf coffee and cream.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Sending healing hugs in your direction. I hope kitchen fairy is back to good health again soon.

We had a lovely day out in Snowdonia today. The weather was mostly beautiful apart from a brief spell where thick fog descended from nowhere! That's Wales for you. @DJC3 It's funny what you were saying about tea rooms, as we feel the same now. It was almost a ritual for us to find places for tea and cake whenever we were on holiday. Funnily enough, we still seek out nice cafés wherever we are, but the treat is a delicious coffee which we savour. We found two lovely cafés today and thoroughly enjoyed our coffees.

Breakfast: Yes, you guessed it, chia pudding with raspberry chia jam. CWC.
Lunch: Packed lunch enjoyed at Llanrwst. Diet Doctor roll each. Mine was filled with smoked salmon and cream cheese and Mr B had cheese and ham. A few nuts.
Two cheeky coffees with cream (at Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig) and a couple of these: https://www.marksandspencerfoodhall...e-discs--847177bc-83e5-46ae-b296-d5acdbfd62f8. I wish they did them in a higher % choc, but at just over 1.5g of carbs per disc and individually wrapped, they are ideal to pop in a handbag.
Dinner: Chicken pizzaiola with celeriac chips and wilted spinach. 1 square of 85% M&S Peru choc. Decaf coffee and cream.
Thank you on behalf of Julie - her dad's family are from north Wales and no 1 son went to uni there.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently wandered into World of Cream today. @Goonergal 100gms may go down but certainly wouldn't stay there:angelic: Managed to get stubborn London girl - any members recognise themselves? - to doctors and surprisingly reactive arthritis, more tramadol and steroids. Who knew (well I know 1 person who may have done). Homo domesticus may be a long(er?) time role - big rethink of medium term plan needed.
Tea, cocoa and water to drink. Usual mackerel and avocado salad for lunch around 14.00 hrs. Thai chicken red curry with mushrooms and cauliflower soon. Cauliflower from frozen - I am the 3rd generation to fail at growing acceptable cauliflowers on this land.
Hope Julie manages to find a way to manage what sounds like a painful and difficult condition.

D

Deleted member 308541

Yesterday lunch: Liquid one, four pots of XXXX Gold beer, handful of cheese nibblies at the bowls club.
Dinner: Bacon sandwiches, neither of us felt like cooking.
Breakfast: Mushroom and cheese omelette, bacon, tomato.

Keeping it simple...
el8jq.gif

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Had to rush out first thing so coffee with cream first thing.
Lunch range of cheese and lc seeded crispbreads with a few nuts followed by 10 HC 100% cocoa buttons with coffee and cream
Dinner salmon in lemon butter served with cauliflower cheese and asparagus followed by sf jelly and Greek yoghurt with a splodge of cream.
Do you make the crispbreads yourself or buy them? If you buy them what brand are they?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs soery to hear your London girl is still struggling and hope it improves soon.
The stubbornness seems incurable but Dr feels this is a reaction to throat issues - no infection there. Obviously want the reactive arthritis cured but was hoping the other problem could be fixed. Seems as though you can take the girl out of London .....:angelic:

VioletViolet

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm - hope you enjoy and @Chook as requested for you too
Id recommend the hemp hearts @zauberflote drew my attention to these and Im addicted to them

Seeded Crispbreads

4 grams of carb for whole mix if 40 crispbreads each crispbread is 0.1 of carb.

Makes 40 crispbreads using a 2” square cutter or you could just cut out to size wanted with a knife

Equipment:

Need 2 large flat oven trays – you can use oiled greaseproof paper to cook them on but I’ve found it more economical and easier to buy washable and reusable oven proof silicone tray liners – which you don’t need to oil. (I use three of them using two to roll out on and then pop into the oven trays and one to use on top - which I use to make rolling out much easier as it doesn’t stick to the liner)

Ingredients

• 150g of Dry ingredients in total - I now use the following but you could do a mix of ground and whole seeds that you like:

o 80g of milled seeds could use just ground flaxseed but I used a mix of flaxseed, sunflower and pumpkin seeds and think it added more flavour to the mix (Linwood’s or Aldi’s version and used this as my carb count)

o 20 g of Psyllium Husk

o 30 g of whole hemp heart seeds – these are shelled and very soft and nutty

o 20g of whole mixed seeds

o Some ground psyllium husk powder for rolling out the crispbreads

• Seasoning to taste I used a mix of salt, a few herbs and pepper

• 2 tablespoon of olive oil and 9 tablespoons of water (you may need a bit extra when mixing you’ll need to judge it to make sure good sticky texture)

Method

1. Put oven on to 160 fan – or equivalent

2. Mix water and oil

3. Mix liquids with dry ingredients - adding more Psyllium Husk if very sticky or more water if very dry and not binding into a ball for rolling out. Go steady as Psyllium Husk takes a few mins to thicken so don’t overdo it. You'll need to stand for a few mins to allow it to swell, as it will.

4. Sprinkle powdered Psyllium Husk onto the two silicone tray lines and tip half the dough out on each sheet and using another sheet and rolling pin roll and press out until as thin as possible - the thinner the better. Do one and then the other. Once rolled out remove the top silicone mat that’s only to assist the rolling out.

5. When you’ve got a rectangle the size of the silicone mat, press out the size and shapes of crispbread required. Or just cut the shape you want. You should be able to spread them out on the mat and then when completed just put into the oven tray - should make about 20 on each tray, if thin enough. They don’t spread so can be quite close together for baking

6. Bake in oven for 35 mins - checking and then leaving longer and/or in a cooling oven if not crisp enough. I tend always to leave them for a least a couple of hours in a cooling oven until they are quite crunchy. If you don’t manage to roll them out thinly enough and they are thick or too wet they will need a longer cook. They should snap a bit before you turn the oven off if at all chewy because of thickness cook them for longer!

if you have a go at them let me know if you like them or not. They do last in a tin for more than a week but rarely last as long as that in our house! I find I nibble them at times when looking for a lc snack but they go with so many things.

Ignore my other reply to you - found your recipe thank you :)

Reactions: zauberflote

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all. It took me some time to catch up on all the posts and it's gotten quite late now.

@ianpspurs -- Hugs to Julie. Sounds quite painful. Hope the medication is going to help. As to food to gain weight -- avocado, salmon, nuts are some that spring to mind, maybe even wine?
@Brunneria -- Hope your tummy settles soon. For such a tiny portion, it seems to be a lot of pain.
@Caeseji -- Wonderful that your family has joined you in this. Makes this woe so much easier and satisfying. My husband has a hard time dropping carbs, so I am a bit on my own in this most of the time. Don't really mind as much of the high carb foods no longer appeal to me.

Yesterday ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. A thin slice of keto poppy seed cake with butter.

Lunch: About 170g of T-bone steak with ketchup (contains erythritol instead of sugar) and guacamole.

Snack: Keto chocolate pudding (made with carob powder, which was definitely a keeper. It's used in the same way as food starch, only difference that it hardly contains any carbs. Like it much better than other low-carb thickeners.) Whipped cream.

Dinner: Low-carb Pad Thai with prawns. A glass of red wine.

Today ...

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol. Keto chocolate pudding with whipped cream.

Lunch: Manchego cheese, beef salami, green olives, smoked sockeye salmon.

Dinner: A salad of lamb's lettuce, grated gouda cheese, three baby tomatoes, and ranch dressing. Half a DD keto flatbread with steak tartar and mayonnaise. A glass of red wine.

Last edited: