1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What have you eaten today?

Discussion in 'Low-carb Diet Forum' started by Administrator, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Annb

Annb Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Oh dear, Maglil, you are really running yourself ragged. Do be careful, especially after the hard times you have already had so far. One person can only spread so far, however hard you try. We have missed you and worried over you these last few days, so it's clear how precious you are to all of us. Try to treat yourself as one special, precious person.

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Annb

Yesterday was an unintentional fast day - just couldn't get around to making anything, so it was just tea and water. Plus a few sips out of a glass of apple juice Em prepared for me (along with a platter of various sweets, some prunes and some pistachios). She knows her way around my larder now so nothing is hidden from her - not even the jars of sweets kept for emergencies - either medical or sudden need to coerce children into doing something (actually left over from trick or treating supplies). Despite the fast BG was 22 by bed time.

Today I took almost the largest dose of insulin my pen would deliver (58 units - it goes up to 60). Had scrambled eggs - so no carbs. BG down to 11.7 from 14.5 FBG.

Another almost maximum dose of insulin before lunch of some brie with 2 small slices of GF sour dough bread, with lots of seeds and nuts as well as quinoa in it. Even so, carbs were 48 per 100 gm and with each slice 25 g, grams of carb consumed was about 24. Maths has never been my strong point (terrified by a teacher at grammar school and never recovered) but that looks about right.

Dinner will be the duck I meant to have yesterday and some fried shredded Brussels sprouts. No more carbs today.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hug Hug x 3
  3. Goonergal

Goonergal Type 2 · Moderator
    Staff Member

Evening all.

Mostly managed to dodge the rain which was interspersed with drier, brighter periods. Caught in just one downpour this morning and narrowly missed being out in an apocalyptic storm.

TMAD again after a bit of a feasting day yesterday.

Yesterday was breakfast of mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese. Lunch was air fried pork belly. Then ate way too much cream cheese and cream during our online Xmas ‘do’ at work. Dinner was one slice of Mestemacher bread with some cheese.

Lunch today was two Barnsley chops, air fried. These are a specialty of my butcher and absolutely delicious.
    Dinner was air fried free range pork belly pieces - again from the butcher and yummy. The crackling was especially good on these.

BC594430-B30C-49C9-882D-03E06D782490.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  4. Annb

Not sure what just happened, everything disappeared so I'll start again. It was just a note before anyone picks me up on it: I do know that Brussels sprouts contain carbs, although I don't know how many, so I'm not counting them.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 (in remission!) · Master

Good evening. Crosswaffled by this woe. Superficially all looks fine on gizmos but it hasn't turned out that way in the lab the last few times. Basically gave up today, read some poetry and watched sport. Completely carb free those two. B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFCS -; L: SB toast - 2 thick well buttered slices; Tea; EM: Mackerel and avocado salad+vits. May have a whisky later but I do wonder if it is just dead carbs and cals.

• Hug Hug x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa · Well-Known Member

Warburton toast with butter with a green tea
    Lunch was a spinach omelette with sugar free squash
    Chicken tikka piece with rocket and spinach with cherry tomato and cucumber while the boys had pizza

• Like Like x 6
  7. zauberflote

zauberflote Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

@Antje77 when you said "head of salad" I really thought that's what it's called in some places not US. Some on here call salad greens "leaves" and that makes sense to me too. And I'll bet you know we have coleslaw called "slaw" in my region, and you put it ON your pulled pork barbecue sandwich!
    I've made it reading all the way from Dec 4 to Dec 12 but I am only allowed to post when I'm caught up!
    Re collards yes they look and sound like collard greens!
    I'm on 14 Dec and under 100 posts behind!!!!!!
    @ianpspurs your cold sprouts+kale is beginning to sound like my "fridge grazing" meals! No time nor energy left to cook or even nuke. I love cold brussels sprouts as much as hot. I think they get sweeter with the chill. But really, hazelnut syrup in your cocoa? ick.
    Noooooooo I have to post bc the reply popped out to a "do it or lose it" choice. Not much farther along in catching up...
    Meals have been same old same old, with the exception of the day I had to drive 100 miles twice, which was done with the help of a WHOLE lot of green beans, boiled very briefly and plunged in ice water. No nutrition, lots of carbs, delicious anyway and kept me awake which was the point. Driving is an eat-a-thon, has been for decades. Can't do coffee....

• Like Like x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Rachox

Rachox Type 2 (in remission!) · Moderator
    Staff Member

Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
    Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
    Skipped lunch.
    Mid afternoon: black coffee and some mixed nuts.
    Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

10.30am 2 slices slc bread with cheese (I think, can't honestly remember) mug of earl grey tea

6pm - 2 slc cheese burger rolls with a little burger relish

I still haven't received order from DGF so e-mailed them today and they have said they will send out a fresh order to me on Monday

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. WackyJacky64

WackyJacky64 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

food

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I ordered my SLC on the Sunday and they arrived Tuesday a.m. Mine are dated 25th by the way. I wanted to order more DGF but once they hit Peterborough they seem not to want to move again. I know they're busy at Royal Mail but I'll wait until after NY now.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

08:00 small ff greek with seeds and blueberries
    Then, as my usual yoga class was cancelled did a zoom stretch class with hubby, led by his Pilates teacher. Was a good class, but finding room where we could both lay out on the floor with legs and arms in various positions must have looked more like a game of Twister than a serious class.:)
    12:00 2 eggs with mozzarella cooked like an omelette, prawns and a little extra cheese on top
    18:00 Tier 4!!! So started into the Christmas goodies. Baked camembert between 3 of us) with some lc soda bread for dipping. Used the skin as a wrap for spicy chicken , peppers and guacamole. All dinner cooked by son. 2 small glasses red and 1 proper mint chocolate.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Antje77

Antje77 LADA · Moderator
    Staff Member

Had a hard time choosing between the 'funny' and the 'winner' icon on this post!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. MrsA2

MrsA2 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

As I often do on yours!:)

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. ianpspurs

Posting before the football as looking after 2 grandchildren - multi tasking those would be irresponsible. @zauberflote don’t knock hazelnut syrup in cocoa until you’ve tried my version. Family recipe handed down from time immemorial - or Starbucks pre-T2 (this is LC and nowhere near as good). Menu will be :B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFHS -; L: SB toast - 2 thick slices; Tea. football; EM: Sous vide then seared Lamb shoulder, roast veggies, purple sprouting, vits Glass of red. What can I say? It will be ok. Superlatives belong to something that deserves them.
    Edit: Breast not shouder

• Like Like x 6
    #42695 ianpspurs, Dec 20, 2020 at 11:59 AM
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  16. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

I'm confused how I have no issues at all with my SLC deliveries - here in a day. Mrs T 123 who is only the other side of Edinburgh does have problems and it seems we both have issues with DGF orders "hanging out" for about a week in Peterborough DO??

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  17. ianpspurs

There's the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Get a few more done before I head off to try to convince grandson it is a good idea to go to the swimming fun session.
    This was actually yesterday's meals - not 12 December. Edited to correct.

Saturday 19 December - bed 6.9 FBG 7.3. BGs showing a bit more stability but still getting some highs which I know is hardly surprising with everything that is going on. I do, however, have a rather large bruise on my arm thanks to the "bleeder" with the Libre sensor when I applied it.
    B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with egg mayo.
    L. Nothing. Out most of the day trying to order Christmas food, general shopping and trying to get some Christmas shopping done (unsuccessfully).
    D. Another two of these Mexican melts that I had lurking in the freezer with a salad of lettuce, avocado, tomato, mini mozzarella. 2 squares Lidl's 85%.

And this was last Monday's

Monday 14 December - bed 7.7 FBG also 7.7. Just the one high surge today. Got Grandson to school in the morning only but he's being kept separate from the trigger teacher. Still we convinced him that nothing awful happened while he was there.

B. TAG SLC toast with cheese and ham.
    L. Nothing
    D. More stroganoff which I had with celeriac chips again. DGF no carrot cake and a half bottle of prosecco! Unusual for a Monday but I needed it!

Did some nice relaxing clearing of a couple of "junk" drawers before bin day on Tuesday. Quite therapeutic.

Edited to correct the days - I'm losing it I think!

• Hug Hug x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    #42698 maglil55, Dec 20, 2020 at 12:25 PM
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2020
  19. maglil55

maglil55 Type 2 · Expert

Back in my restaurant working days we had to stop lighting sambuca due to the number who tried to drink it while it was still alight. If they insisted on it being lit we had to hover with a sambuca "paddle" to extinguish the flames ASAP. I believe I still have a "paddle" in my drinks cupboard.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Sugarlisa

Sugarlisa · Well-Known Member

Berries and yogurt with a green tea (breakfast)
    Lunch cheese toastie made my oldest son and sugar free squash
    Tea is pork chops with cheese leeks and broccoli with a sugar free flavoured water x

• Like Like x 7
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook