What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so far behind even I doubt I'll catch up this time. I have just had a seriously hellish 12 days. Having major issues with No 1 grandson, he took ill last week, I took 3 days to get the tree up, my cards took 2 weeks and I only just got some Christmas shopping done today. Between keeping up on my brother's issue (he sees the consultants next week), trying to work out what to do at Christmas itself and to cap it all, she who shall remain nameless has just shoved us back in time 3 (which is really tier 4 because we have 5 tiers but they are numbered 0,1,2,3,4). Anyway, let's give this a go because I haven't been eating that much anyway.
Bed 7.9 FBG 6.7 7 December - Grandson was at school but getting a bit sniffy. 3 classes still self isolating - over 100 kids (don't get me started on class sizes).
B. TAG- no time to eat as I mucked up my chiropodist appointment and had to rush down the road to get there.
L. A SLC sandwich with ox tongue and M&S whipped cheese.
D. 2 lemon sole cooked in butter and lemon with wilted spinach.
Tuesday 8 December Bed & FBG 7.9 -
B. TAG and SLC sandwich with egg mayo
L. Nipped out for some shopping in between trying to get the tree up and had to cut it short as No 1 grandson unwell and in a right state. Got him from school and back to ours for some TLC.
Rest of the day was taken up with getting grandson home after collecting Mum from work, getting No 2 Grandson from school, getting him home later and by the time I got home again I was past it so had a SLC toastie with ham & cheese.
Wednesday 9 December bed 7.3 FBG 7.9
Grandson off school so a bit of back and forward (we are less than 1 mile apart) so one to school then back for the off colour one.
B. TAG
L. 2 slices SLC toast while trying to encourage No 1 to eat
Finally finished tree.
D. Poached salmon fillet with lettuce, avocado, tomato and mozzarella minis. DGF no carrot cake.
Thursday 10 December bed 7.9 FBG 7.8. Much the same as yesterday. 1 grandson at school , one with me. Thankfully, school is nearby.
B. TAG
L. Nothing - trying to convince No 1 to drink water at least.
D. Boys wanted broth, boys got broth. I eventually ended up with an omelette.
Friday 11 December bed 7.1 FBG 7.8
Tried to get No 1 back to school but got so upset I had to take him away again. Had to get DIL to work inbetween getting No 2 on half day pick up.
B. TAG
L. Nothing
D. Found 2 of these melt things in the freezer. Sausage meat stuffed with Mexican cheese and coated in my crumb mix with paprika in the mix this time. Had it with lettuce, tomato, avocado. 1/2 a box of cherries.

I was physically drained and no idea how to convince No 1 that school was safe to return to next week.

Oh dear, Maglil, you are really running yourself ragged. Do be careful, especially after the hard times you have already had so far. One person can only spread so far, however hard you try. We have missed you and worried over you these last few days, so it's clear how precious you are to all of us. Try to treat yourself as one special, precious person.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was an unintentional fast day - just couldn't get around to making anything, so it was just tea and water. Plus a few sips out of a glass of apple juice Em prepared for me (along with a platter of various sweets, some prunes and some pistachios). She knows her way around my larder now so nothing is hidden from her - not even the jars of sweets kept for emergencies - either medical or sudden need to coerce children into doing something (actually left over from trick or treating supplies). Despite the fast BG was 22 by bed time.

Today I took almost the largest dose of insulin my pen would deliver (58 units - it goes up to 60). Had scrambled eggs - so no carbs. BG down to 11.7 from 14.5 FBG.

Another almost maximum dose of insulin before lunch of some brie with 2 small slices of GF sour dough bread, with lots of seeds and nuts as well as quinoa in it. Even so, carbs were 48 per 100 gm and with each slice 25 g, grams of carb consumed was about 24. Maths has never been my strong point (terrified by a teacher at grammar school and never recovered) but that looks about right.

Dinner will be the duck I meant to have yesterday and some fried shredded Brussels sprouts. No more carbs today.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Mostly managed to dodge the rain which was interspersed with drier, brighter periods. Caught in just one downpour this morning and narrowly missed being out in an apocalyptic storm.

TMAD again after a bit of a feasting day yesterday.

Yesterday was breakfast of mince fried with onions, 2 eggs and some grated cheese. Lunch was air fried pork belly. Then ate way too much cream cheese and cream during our online Xmas ‘do’ at work. Dinner was one slice of Mestemacher bread with some cheese.

Lunch today was two Barnsley chops, air fried. These are a specialty of my butcher and absolutely delicious.
Dinner was air fried free range pork belly pieces - again from the butcher and yummy. The crackling was especially good on these.

BC594430-B30C-49C9-882D-03E06D782490.jpeg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Yesterday was an unintentional fast day - just couldn't get around to making anything, so it was just tea and water. Plus a few sips out of a glass of apple juice Em prepared for me (along with a platter of various sweets, some prunes and some pistachios). She knows her way around my larder now so nothing is hidden from her - not even the jars of sweets kept for emergencies - either medical or sudden need to coerce children into doing something (actually left over from trick or treating supplies). Despite the fast BG was 22 by bed time.

Today I took almost the largest dose of insulin my pen would deliver (58 units - it goes up to 60). Had scrambled eggs - so no carbs. BG down to 11.7 from 14.5 FBG.

Another almost maximum dose of insulin before lunch of some brie with 2 small slices of GF sour dough bread, with lots of seeds and nuts as well as quinoa in it. Even so, carbs were 48 per 100 gm and with each slice 25 g, grams of carb consumed was about 24. Maths has never been my strong point (terrified by a teacher at grammar school and never recovered) but that looks about right.

Dinner will be the duck I meant to have yesterday and some fried shredded Brussels sprouts. No more carbs today.

Not sure what just happened, everything disappeared so I'll start again. It was just a note before anyone picks me up on it: I do know that Brussels sprouts contain carbs, although I don't know how many, so I'm not counting them.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Crosswaffled by this woe. Superficially all looks fine on gizmos but it hasn't turned out that way in the lab the last few times. Basically gave up today, read some poetry and watched sport. Completely carb free those two. B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFCS -; L: SB toast - 2 thick well buttered slices; Tea; EM: Mackerel and avocado salad+vits. May have a whisky later but I do wonder if it is just dead carbs and cals.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Antje77 when you said "head of salad" I really thought that's what it's called in some places not US. Some on here call salad greens "leaves" and that makes sense to me too. And I'll bet you know we have coleslaw called "slaw" in my region, and you put it ON your pulled pork barbecue sandwich!
I've made it reading all the way from Dec 4 to Dec 12 but I am only allowed to post when I'm caught up!
Re collards yes they look and sound like collard greens!
I'm on 14 Dec and under 100 posts behind!!!!!!
@ianpspurs your cold sprouts+kale is beginning to sound like my "fridge grazing" meals! No time nor energy left to cook or even nuke. I love cold brussels sprouts as much as hot. I think they get sweeter with the chill. But really, hazelnut syrup in your cocoa? ick.
Noooooooo I have to post bc the reply popped out to a "do it or lose it" choice. Not much farther along in catching up...
Meals have been same old same old, with the exception of the day I had to drive 100 miles twice, which was done with the help of a WHOLE lot of green beans, boiled very briefly and plunged in ice water. No nutrition, lots of carbs, delicious anyway and kept me awake which was the point. Driving is an eat-a-thon, has been for decades. Can't do coffee....

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and cookies and cream phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and some mixed nuts.
Dinner Chinese takeaway: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
10.30am 2 slices slc bread with cheese (I think, can't honestly remember) mug of earl grey tea

6pm - 2 slc cheese burger rolls with a little burger relish

I still haven't received order from DGF so e-mailed them today and they have said they will send out a fresh order to me on Monday

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5am - 1 slice slc bread (outsider - they are the best for pate) toasted with brussels pate on top and mug of earl grey

1pm - 2 slices slc bread with cheese. I came in from work and there had been a delivery - I thought it will be from DGF allbeit a day late - so I filled the kettle and started imagining what delight I would have with a cuppa and may be a little cream. Opened the box still no sign of DGF although it was due to be delivered yesterday! In the box was my SLC order which I only ordered on Wednesday - quickest delivery ever from them - nice surprise and they had a date of 26th Dec the same as everyones - weird as we all ordered different days? - so DGF may come tomorrow - I can only live in hope ... checked and package still at Peterborough (not moved in 2 days)

5pm - used up yesterday's leftovers of chicken balti with cauliflower rice. Handful of nuts
I ordered my SLC on the Sunday and they arrived Tuesday a.m. Mine are dated 25th by the way. I wanted to order more DGF but once they hit Peterborough they seem not to want to move again. I know they're busy at Royal Mail but I'll wait until after NY now.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
08:00 small ff greek with seeds and blueberries
Then, as my usual yoga class was cancelled did a zoom stretch class with hubby, led by his Pilates teacher. Was a good class, but finding room where we could both lay out on the floor with legs and arms in various positions must have looked more like a game of Twister than a serious class.:)
12:00 2 eggs with mozzarella cooked like an omelette, prawns and a little extra cheese on top
18:00 Tier 4!!! So started into the Christmas goodies. Baked camembert between 3 of us) with some lc soda bread for dipping. Used the skin as a wrap for spicy chicken , peppers and guacamole. All dinner cooked by son. 2 small glasses red and 1 proper mint chocolate.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Was a good class, but finding room where we could both lay out on the floor with legs and arms in various positions must have looked more like a game of Twister than a serious class.:)
Had a hard time choosing between the 'funny' and the 'winner' icon on this post!

Reactions: zauberflote

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Posting before the football as looking after 2 grandchildren - multi tasking those would be irresponsible. @zauberflote don’t knock hazelnut syrup in cocoa until you’ve tried my version. Family recipe handed down from time immemorial - or Starbucks pre-T2 (this is LC and nowhere near as good). Menu will be :B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey CWCSFHS -; L: SB toast - 2 thick slices; Tea. football; EM: Sous vide then seared Lamb shoulder, roast veggies, purple sprouting, vits Glass of red. What can I say? It will be ok. Superlatives belong to something that deserves them.
Edit: Breast not shouder

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good luck with SLC order. 2nd order now had to be resent by them. Post Office can't trace ever receiving the package despite e-mail from SLC a week ago saying it had been dispatched. Not sure the product is worth the hassle really but turkey/beef rolls seemed like a plan over Christmas and New Year.
I'm confused how I have no issues at all with my SLC deliveries - here in a day. Mrs T 123 who is only the other side of Edinburgh does have problems and it seems we both have issues with DGF orders "hanging out" for about a week in Peterborough DO??

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Get a few more done before I head off to try to convince grandson it is a good idea to go to the swimming fun session.
This was actually yesterday's meals - not 12 December. Edited to correct.

Saturday 19 December - bed 6.9 FBG 7.3. BGs showing a bit more stability but still getting some highs which I know is hardly surprising with everything that is going on. I do, however, have a rather large bruise on my arm thanks to the "bleeder" with the Libre sensor when I applied it.
B. TAG and a SLC sandwich with egg mayo.
L. Nothing. Out most of the day trying to order Christmas food, general shopping and trying to get some Christmas shopping done (unsuccessfully).
D. Another two of these Mexican melts that I had lurking in the freezer with a salad of lettuce, avocado, tomato, mini mozzarella. 2 squares Lidl's 85%.

And this was last Monday's

Monday 14 December - bed 7.7 FBG also 7.7. Just the one high surge today. Got Grandson to school in the morning only but he's being kept separate from the trigger teacher. Still we convinced him that nothing awful happened while he was there.

B. TAG SLC toast with cheese and ham.
L. Nothing
D. More stroganoff which I had with celeriac chips again. DGF no carrot cake and a half bottle of prosecco! Unusual for a Monday but I needed it!

Did some nice relaxing clearing of a couple of "junk" drawers before bin day on Tuesday. Quite therapeutic.

Edited to correct the days - I'm losing it I think!

Last edited:

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I used to order sambuca when wanting to make a show. Took half of the people present to the gents toilet (which was the bigger one) because this was the only place where it was pitch dark. Filled mouth with sambuca, tilted head back, lit it, and carefully closed my mouth around the burning sambuca to kill the flames.
Of course the first few times I ended up with sambuca dripping inside my ears, my bra and my underpants from closing my mouth in a panic. Still, it was a cool trick!
Very sweet, so I won't try again. I think...

Sending hugs!

Today was a slice of LC bread with paté. And then everything went 'different'.
First the 6 truffles to make up for frustration, then my evening meal went wrong. I made chicory in a ham and cheese sauce, but it separated so I ended up with chicory soup with chewing gum like cheese. Didn't want to ditch so ate it anyway.
Then my friend called to ask if I wanted to pick her up because of fight with boyfriend so she could stay with my neighbour (who is also a good friend and her ex-boyfriend). So I did, and we ended up sampling different whisky's at my neighbour's house and eating Dutch dried sausages. I somehow managed to eat only a couple of crisps and not half the bag, despite the heavenly taste!
Feeling pretty proud of myself :)
Back in my restaurant working days we had to stop lighting sambuca due to the number who tried to drink it while it was still alight. If they insisted on it being lit we had to hover with a sambuca "paddle" to extinguish the flames ASAP. I believe I still have a "paddle" in my drinks cupboard.

Reactions: zauberflote