What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am I the only one to be a little concerned about @AdamJames ?
Last seen heading into the kitchen on a late night chorizo and cheese mission.
And nothing since.
Rather worrying.
I have visions of him sprawled between fridge and microwave, overcome with crispy cheesy chorizoness...

Andrew, if you can reach your phone, please let us know if you are OK?

Just basic txt spk wil do. Don’t try using the little fingers yet. They may need a longer recovery! It can take a while (and daily training) Until they are fully up to speed.

Haha! If... I... could... just... move... my... arm...

I didn't go for it last night in the end, tempting though it was, as I realised how late it was and it never seems to be great for me when I eat late. Wish I'd brought some in to work today though. Will be trying these tonight.

I'd love to know when I had my name changed though... shouldn't I be the first to know about such things? Nobody told me! Do I need to sign anything?

Reactions: maglil55

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Two ryvitas this morning then myself

Carrot and honey soup one and half slices of bread

Tonight two sausages cabbage and brussels

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t worry. Just your body saying it needed to renourish. I am often amazed at the daily variation in quantity and frequency of meals that my body ‘requests’ now that I no longer eat to the clock

Thanks. Am coming to understand that! Sunday was barely hungry at all and ate only one meal. Today normal hunger. Ate no breakfast, a small lunch of smoked salmon and cream cheese and just had dinner of a portion of leftover Waitrose lamb kleftico followed by what was left after yesterday’s clotted cream fest mixed with almond butter and 2 Hotel Chocolat 100% buttons.

AdamJames

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t worry. Just your body saying it needed to renourish. I am often amazed at the daily variation in quantity and frequency of meals that my body ‘requests’ now that I no longer eat to the clock :)

Re chorizo crisps:
And nothing since.
Rather worrying.
I have visions of him sprawled between fridge and microwave, overcome with crispy cheesy chorizoness...

Just basic txt spk wil do. Don’t try using the little fingers yet. They may need a longer recovery! It can take a while (and daily training) Until they are fully up to speed.

Just tried these now. It reminded my how rubbish my microwave is - it only seems to heat right in the centre so I need to keep moving the contents around! I was a bit timid with the times at first, then realised I really needed to go thermonuclear on them to make them crispy.

Very nice. Had them with soft cheese. I then tried the same thing with Aldi's version of peperami, which I bought a ton of for backpacking then I went off them. They were pretty good, too - I think this will help me use them up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
A confusing day. Higher fbg - 5.3 - and until dinner nothing back into 4s. Unable to figure out what my body was telling me - feed me, fast me, rest me or exercise me. Took the old familiar route and did feed me but not convinced I had it right and not especially pleased with my menu today. Worse things happen at sea and fresh start tomorrow maybe things will be clearer then:nurse:

B: 2 mugs Tea with almond milk:
MMS: 1 Mug of decaf coffee with double cream & almond milk; homemade high fibre toffee bar (flaxseed, psyllium husk powder, inulin, 100% chocolate)
L: 2 pint mugs tea with homemade almond milk; Mackerel and avocado with chia seeds and psyllium husk powder + EV olive oil & acv (1 tin mackerel in olive oil and 1 avocado) 3 dessert spoons chia seeds
MAS: homemade high fibre toffee bar with double cream
D: Pork; Cauliflower rice; mushrooms; homemade LC barbeque sauce; red wine

Last edited:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Don’t worry. Just your body saying it needed to renourish. I am often amazed at the daily variation in quantity and frequency of meals that my body ‘requests’ now that I no longer eat to the clock :)

Re chorizo crisps:
And nothing since.
Rather worrying.

Love this post it made me laugh out load :happy:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone, what a glorious day I hope the sun has shone for you too.
Breakfast - ham and cheese
Lunch - home made diet doctor recipe cauliflower soup
Afternoon snack - lemon drizzle cake bar
Dinner - heck sausages, fried egg, halloumi cheese, peppers and tomatoes followed by jelly and cream

Attachments

• 5D07DACA-0105-48BC-B39F-54139DC23FB3.jpeg
    5D07DACA-0105-48BC-B39F-54139DC23FB3.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 390
  • 1024FF66-3ECF-474F-9EA2-66BC7BDEEC66.jpeg
    1024FF66-3ECF-474F-9EA2-66BC7BDEEC66.jpeg
    47.6 KB · Views: 377

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just been having @ catch up read here at hotel and enjoying reading - mum and aunt occupied with a not very good music duet - well in my opinion - but they like it so at least it gives me a break.
Just a few more days and can get back to normal - looking forward to it.
Enjoying sun and swimming but quite stressful too including poor range of food choices on offer and my bgs have been high for me with 6s and 7s not seen for months and months - but it’s so hard with the buffet choices on offer for example even trout tonight was in a sweet sauce as was the asparagus so many people clearly like sugar. Even the bacon in the morning is served in a sweet brine as I discovered when had put on my plate - it’s a travesty!! Ive been eating lCHF for so long now I really don’t enjoy the sweet stuff - it just all tastes same mains are just like puddings! There is so little I can eat and I already get comments about not eating enough so having to try! Think I’d happily fast to be honest rather than eat the stuff on offer. I’ve been managing hard boiled eggs and walnuts for breakfast but other meals much more difficult. Oh well it’s only a week! I feel bad @bout complaining when on hols but feel lots of good food is spoiled. Missing my low carb options - shows how adapted to it I was!
Back home on Saturday flying back on Friday but need to shop and settle mum before head home following day will post when back. Don’t think I will choose full board in a hotel ever again. Italy with b @nd b worked lots better as could choose grills etc and food so good and sure if was eating out could make much better and more enjoyable choices.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all just been having @ catch up read here at hotel and enjoying reading - mum and aunt occupied with a not very good music duet - well in my opinion - but they like it so at least it gives me a break.
Enjoying sun and swimming but quite stressful too including poor range of food choices on offer and my bgs have been high for me with 6s and 7s not seen for months and months - but it’s so hard with the buffet choices on offer for example even trout tonight was in a sweet sauce as was the asparagus so many people clearly like sugar. Even the bacon in the morning is served in a sweet brine as I discovered when had put on my plate - it’s a travesty!! Ive been eating lCHF for so long now I really don’t enjoy the sweet stuff - it just all tastes same mains are just like puddings! There is so little I can eat and I already get comments about not eating enough so having to try! Think I’d happily fast to be honest rather than eat the stuff on offer. I’ve been managing hard boiled eggs and walnuts for breakfast but other meals much more difficult. Oh well it’s only a week! I feel bad @bout complaining when on hols but feel lots of good food is spoiled. Missing my low carb options - shows how adapted to it I was!
Back home on Saturday flying back on Friday but need to shop and settle mum before head home following day will post when back. Don’t think I will choose full board in a hotel ever again. Italy with b @nd b worked lots better as could choose grills etc and food so good and sure if was eating out could make much better and more enjoyable choices.

Shelley - Could you have an online shop delivered for your Mum the day you get home?

When I've been away, particularly when I've been away for a long time, I book an online delivery for mid-afternoon of the day I get back (usually land early morning, off the red-eye), then on the way through the airport, I pop into M&S Food and pick up milk to take home with me, for mandatory tea.

By the time I've had some tea and a bit of a sort out the shopping arrives. It means I don't have to go darting about stocking up.

Just a thought. :)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream (2 tsp) washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with raw cauliflower and broccoli and Caesar dressing followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid-afternoon: lemon chia pudding and a black coffee.
Dinner: salmon fillets with creamy peppercorn sauce cauliflower, brocolli and celeriac mash followed by mint choc chip Oppo and strawberries with one square of Prèt a Manger salted dark chocolate.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Shelley - Could you have an online shop delivered for your Mum the day you get home?

When I've been away, particularly when I've been away for a long time, I book an online delivery for mid-afternoon of the day I get back (usually land early morning, off the red-eye), then on the way through the airport, I pop into M&S Food and pick up milk to take home with me, for mandatory tea.

By the time I've had some tea and a bit of a sort out the shopping arrives. It means I don't have to go darting about stocking up.

Just a thought. :)
Good idea

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Shelley,
Just reading your post and thinking how different our experiences of being on holiday with diabetes have been. I was all inclusive and was able to eat relatively well. The only things I needed to steer clear of were the desserts, especially the Backlava, but as all of them were bite size portions or allowed you to cut your own slice I did eat some. Breakfasts were great and I was lucky in that there was a meat option every evening that was a plain roast so that was great, I opted for this with salads or veg. I am away again in October, that holiday is a cruise, from experience I am fairly confident that meals will be ok as there is such a lot to choose from and a selection of different restaurants, the only place I will need to avoid is the pizza cafe, you can visit here as often as you like, free and 24hr!!
Your BG might be a little bit on the high side due to being a little bit stressed as well as not being able to eat as low carb as you would like. I agree with your comments about adapting to low carb way of eating, like you I find a lot of foods now seem too sweet or just not as appealing as they once were.
I hope you can enjoy your last couple of days and have a safe journey home.
Best wishes Jayne

Reactions: DJC3

vanillapie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Low carb bagel with chicken and bacon mayonnaise, spinach and Mattesson's sausage
D: Chicken and chorizo kebabs, brie, lettuce and cucumber
Snacks: Light and Free Skyr raspberry, peanut butter cheesecake fat bomb

Meals are very samey at the moment but I don't mind too much. Sugars have consistently been between 6-6.9 for a few days with no rises into the 7s which is pleasing to see so the food I'm eating must be the right stuff.

derry60

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Rudeness,people being unkind
L: Low carb bagel with chicken and bacon mayonnaise, spinach and Mattesson's sausage
D: Chicken and chorizo kebabs, brie, lettuce and cucumber
Snacks: Light and Free Skyr raspberry, peanut butter cheesecake fat bomb

Meals are very samey at the moment but I don't mind too much. Sugars have consistently been between 6-6.9 for a few days with no rises into the 7s which is pleasing to see so the food I'm eating must be the right stuff.
Chicken thighs seasoned with 7 spice thai seasoning, dash of soy sauce, sprinkle garlic powder then roasted..Cauliflower broccoli with butter melted on top