What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...not long out of bed despite waking up at 4am initially...then again at 06:45...finally hauled myself out of bed just before 8am...needed that sleep like @dunelm my liver made it's objections know with a 6.4...I'll take that for the extra sleep it was worth it.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning all. Just off to mum's to make her 90th birthday as happy for her as we can. Armed with balloons, banners etc to decorate her lounge as well as food, pressies and birthday cake. No fbs test this morning as too busy! Enjoy your Wednesday one and all.:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not a fan of bugs which can be difficult living in the countryside...however I have a largish spider who has been living in the corner of the front door frame...s/he has been there since last autumn and comes out for a wander occasionally ...we co-exist fine as long as I can see where it is...what to do with it when I spring clean & re-paint the woodwork...I may have to paint round it.

I have a very large spider in my bedroom. It is a she ...I looked her up...as long as she stays on walls or ceilings I am okay with her. She is several years old. Apparently this spider can live a long time. She chases and kills smaller spiders.

One day I found her in Popeye ‘s bucket of drinking water. I thought she was dead. So I carefully lifted her out. Then she began moving. I kept an eye on her and a couple hours later she was climbing the walls again.

I have loads of photos of her, but a little fairy tells me some of you are upset with spiders...

She was a very good photographic subject. Kept perfectly still and posed for me...too much information?

Oh well I will leave the photos in the albums in my phone, but should you change your mind...

Have a good day. I am on my thatched swing in the sun with the cat, and my eye is on the little blighters above in the thatch. Yes, tiny spider hatchlings. They do bite and it blinking hurts...

>^..^<

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Just off to mum's to make her 90th birthday as happy for her as we can. Armed with balloons, banners etc to decorate her lounge as well as food, pressies and birthday cake. No fbs test this morning as too busy! Enjoy your Wednesday one and all.:)
Hope the day gives wonderful memories for you and mum enjoys the moment. 90 is an achievement so definitely something to celebrate. Sounds to me as though you are doing the perfect thing for a mum you love dearly. Huge respect.

Reactions: Shas3

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 for me today

it's looking like a sunny day today and it's quite warm here :) I've been outside doing a bit of garden tidying and we'll probably go out for lunch and a walk before mr. gee's dentist appt. this afternoon ;)

We managed to finish trimming the bushes outside mum's gate yesterday and I got one of the hedges trimmed then we indulged ourselves with chicken caesar salad outside in her garden whilst being sprinkled with cherry blossom petals :happy:

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh well I will leave the photos in the albums in my phone, but should you change your mind...
Yes good idea gennepher leave them on the phone...I am not a fan of spiders when I can I will catch & release them...as long as incey (that's what we call it) stays in their corner I'll stay in mine...sounds idyllic relaxing with the cat...@plumpy' has taken himself out to sunbathe again...give him ten minutes he'll be back complaining

harry sunbathe 2 small.JPG

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree it’s effects are very gradual. My gp said I could come off it about 6 months ago but I stuck to 1x 500mg tab, purely for the possible cancer preventative effects. I probably would have carried on if I hadn’t left them in Cornwall and it taken a few days to get another prescription sorted but it is nice not to be taking anything now.
Also haven’t had tum probs this week which is a welcome change - hadn’t really associated that with metformin as I’d had IBS previously. That did improve markedly when I went low carb but recently I’ve started to notice symptoms again. Didn’t occur to me it might be metformin after all this time.
Good luck with extending your coag appts - your recent results have been good so hopefully won’t be long.
It's working well as an experiment! Glad your tummy better too.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.6 after a night out which included a late night 3 course meal (one glass of prosecco) and an americano with cream. I'm ok with that.

Here's my social media post. Me and hubby had a great night watching the BEST George Michael tribute act EVER who tours all over but chooses to sing in a small local restaurant as he likes them as much as massive venues. Rob Lamberti is the man!

What a great night. I was designated driver. Not too familiar with parking in Lytham however.

How chuffed was I to find a spot RIGHT OUTSIDE GUSTO, our venue for the Rob Lamberti George Michael tribute. Checked for double yellows. Nope. It was like it had been waiting for us. Good to go. Smug as f.....

Great night. Came out 3 hours later onto the street to see our car surrounded by taxis. Only car amongst a fleet of them. Smack in the middle. I realised I had parked on a taxi rank! Oopsies! They had worked around our car for 4 hours!!! Taxi drivers did not look too pleased watching us hop in!!!

Anyway enough social media. Today's agenda will be interesting. I have my monthly Diabetics meeting at Tesco. Every month someone gives a talk. Today it's a representative from diabetes.org.uk. I cant wait.. ...I will take copious notes. I'm contemplating taking a pack that I give out to anyone who wants better control of blood sugars. My low carb info. When I say contemplating what I really mean is 'thrust this pack into her hands with both guns blazing '. Of course I'm joking. I will hand it over ever so gently....with both guns blazing!!!

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Anyway enough social media. Today's agenda will be interesting. I have my monthly Diabetics meeting at Tesco. Every month someone gives a talk. Today it's a representative from diabetes.org.uk. I cant wait.. ...I will take copious notes. I'm contemplating taking a pack that I give out to anyone who wants better control of blood sugars. My low carb info. When I say contemplating what I really mean is 'thrust this pack into her hands with both guns blazing '. Of course I'm joking. I will hand it over ever so gently....with both guns blazing!!!

It’ll be interesting to see how the .org spokesperson reacts to your low carb lifestyle and obvious success with it. They can hardly say your way is wrong when you are living proof of the benefits. Looking forward to hearing about it later.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
6.1 at 0725. Trying to get back on eating track. Barre class last night, usually that drives it way down but not this time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy Wednesday, everyone, plus Happy Birthday to your mum, @dogslife .

5.8 here after being woken earlier than I liked because there was a Hungry. Cat. in the apartment and as we all know, Cats. Must. Not. Be. Neglected. Especially when their bowls contain only Cat Chow and they want Chicken. No, Fish. No, Turkey. No, Chicken was best.

Ah, well, it's a lovely morning. Only 11 degrees outside. I really should go out and enjoy the sunshine.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It’ll be interesting to see how the .org spokesperson reacts to your low carb lifestyle and obvious success with it. They can hardly say your way is wrong when you are living proof of the benefits. Looking forward to hearing about it later.
The same here DJC I'll be interested to hear what their response is.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes good idea gennepher leave them on the phone...I am not a fan of spiders when I can I will catch & release them...as long as incey (that's what we call it) stays in their corner I'll stay in mine...sounds idyllic relaxing with the cat...@plumpy' has taken himself out to sunbathe again...give him ten minutes he'll be back complaining

View attachment 32912

Aww...sweet...it is a really melting hot day today...

>^..^<

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 32912

Thank you, @Bubbsie! ;) A friend indeed. I could not even read @gennepher 's post, it was giving me the gruesome shivers.