What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The creativity is wonderful I totally agree with how absorbing the putting paint on to a blank canvas can be. Agree with you about pan paints, I try only to use mine for sketch book watercolours as the colour so easily gets lost in the paper, I always use tubes with good pigment for my 'proper' watercolour painting. Nice art again @gennepher
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist for the compliments.
I am going to try and find different papers to see what difference they make with the pan paints.

About the feet, I don't believe the medical profession helps us enough with them. By that I mean I was told my pulse in my feet was poor when I was diagnosed with diabetes (which with hindsight I am sure was there for some years before), and that it could only get worse. But no other advice. I can't walk or cycle like you can, but I wasn't accepting their prognosis. So I simply exercised my feet by moving them constantly as I am sitting down, pressing one foot on the other etc (I am doing that now), and in the spring I will then be swinging using my feet on the ground with my thatched swing. I now have a better pulse rate in my feet. It has got stronger.

You have a good day.

Reactions: trick60

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Aw, so sorry to hear this@Cumberland. You have always been such a positive person and so kind and supportive to others on this forum. I sincerely hope 'you can get the help you deserve. Take care.

I’m so sorry for my very late reply to your post and sorry to read about your dreadful neuropathy and I sympathise with you @gennepher

I don’t kick the wall but I do stamp my feet as hard as I can and when the pain gets a really bad I swear ( in my thoughts) I mean I use awful words inside my mind.

I’ve tried Duloxatine, Amitriptilene, Gabapentin, Pregabalin all to no avail

What have you tried?

It’s making me feel miserable and it’s sad that I kind of accept it.

I feel so fed up and that’s a bit of an understatement

Unless you experience this dreadful condition then you have no idea how debilitating and painful this actually is.

Reading about the person you mentioned having their feet amputated yet still experiencing pain is for me totally soul destroying

I’m desperate for change but don’t see it happening

OMG don’t I sound hopeless, sorry

I’m seeing a psychiatrist because I’m so down in the dumps

Not much to add when @dogslife says it all and so eloquently.

And sorry is NOT a word we need from you or anyone else on here, when one of us is struggling..
naughty.gif

moan away, @Cumberland .., if nothing else it concentrates your mind,
and just maybe gives you the release to vent, that you may not feel able to, around those you love.*
( *Been there, Done that, ..bottling it up is not good for one.)

best wishes fella.
know we are all rooting for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning.

My nurse was very good yesterday as we went thru' my COPD and T2 checkups. Very different from the last nurse as she is a big supporter of LCHF and wanted to see all my blood sugar results on my app. Won't get my HbAc1 results for a week or so but my breathing seems to have held its own since last year.

Today I'm back to see my doc as we begin the exploration of post-polio syndrome and other fun things.

I woke up today thinking about the journey, I've been planetside for 24,033 days inclusive and that's a lot of 'moments' that I can still recall. For nearly 2,000 of those days I was paralysed but I'm sure I spent many more being in love with someone. Hopefully, I spent less time being angry or frustrated with my journey than I did finding bliss in a sunrise or weeping for no other reason than I was happy.

In each of those days, I believed my 'lot' was a permanence defined by the seconds ticking by and it is only in looking back that we see how temporary our situations can be.

Well, for me at least, enjoy your day :)

As Said..Beautiful post.

2000 days :wideyed:...HELL of a long time

Best wishes for the tests today etc.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Not much to add when @dogslife says it all and so eloquently.

And sorry is NOT a word we need from you or anyone else on here, when one of us is struggling..
naughty.gif

moan away, @Cumberland .., if nothing else it concentrates your mind,
and just maybe gives you the release to vent, that you may not feel able around those you love.*
*Been there, Done that, ..bottling it up not good for one.

best wishes fella.
know we are all rooting for you.
Good morning @jjraak. Not sure about "eloquently" but it was from the heart.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist for the compliments.
I am going to try and find different papers to see what difference they make with the pan paints.

About the feet, I don't believe the medical profession helps us enough with them. By that I mean I was told my pulse in my feet was poor when I was diagnosed with diabetes (which with hindsight I am sure was there for some years before), and that it could only get worse. But no other advice. I can't walk or cycle like you can, but I wasn't accepting their prognosis. So I simply exercised my feet by moving them constantly as I am sitting down, pressing one foot on the other etc (I am doing that now), and in the spring I will then be swinging using my feet on the ground with my thatched swing. I now have a better pulse rate in my feet. It has got stronger.

You have a good day.

With the Utmost of respect @gennepher
and not to trivialise your situation...

BUT...IF you was a Truck....You'd be aToyota,
And NOT just ANY Toyota..OH NO...

You'd be a Toyota Hi-lux...your pretty much indestructible., as well

**for those not familiar with top gear, they do stoopid things,..in this Kill a Car/truck
and this was the last episode (#3) after driving the car into impossible places and treating it abysmally
AND always being defeated, this was their last attempt to kill it..

@gennepher i take my hat off to you, for the way you just handle life...Bravo

Reactions: UserABC2021

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I’m so sorry for my very late reply to your post and sorry to read about your dreadful neuropathy and I sympathise with you @gennepher

I don’t kick the wall but I do stamp my feet as hard as I can and when the pain gets a really bad I swear ( in my thoughts) I mean I use awful words inside my mind.

What have you tried?

Unless you experience this dreadful condition then you have no idea how debilitating and painful this actually is.

Reading about the person you mentioned having their feet amputated yet still experiencing pain is for me totally soul destroying

aw massive hugs to @Cumberland and @gennepher you are both in my prayers x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
With the Utmost of respect @gennepher
and not to trivialise your situation...

BUT...IF you was a Truck....You'd be aToyota,
And NOT just ANY Toyota..OH NO...

You'd be a Toyota Hi-lux...your pretty much indestructible., as well

**for those not familiar with top gear, they do stoopid things,..in this Kill a Car/truck
and this was the last episode (#3) after driving the car into impossible places and treating it abysmally
AND always being defeated, this was their last attempt to kill it..

@gennepher i take my hat off to you, for the way you just handle life...Bravo

I like that truck @jjraak
Very very much :)
Thank you!

Last edited:

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from the docs and after much deliberation and sticking pins in me he has decided that I need an MRI on my spine before proceeding. I did warn him that I have an alien implant in my head from when I was abducted but he said he'd known me long enough to not fall for that one. Oh well.

Just have to sit and wait on the NHS now for a date.

(I am worried about this implant though :))

ickihun

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies

What have you tried?

Oh no @Cumberland.
Have you tried R-ala? It reduces insulin units needed too. I got full feeling back in my toes. Not on it at mo as an expense I want to spend on my kids.
PM me for a chat anytime.

Reactions: Cumberland

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late with the FBg..

had dark o'clock doctors appt, 7;30 AM.:woot:

woke at 6...GREAT..then snoozed for a 'few' minutes..awoke to a start at 7;21.
dressed, washed (of sorts..still wet going out :rolleyes:)
jumped in car, park outside, run in 732....not late?..NO.. take a seat..RESULT
ONLY ONE WAITING...:D

Docs all prepped for CV ..Note on front door about it,
two doors try one but doesn't open, so use handle ..:***:
inside doors same, nurse has masks but not wearing at moments...probably makes sense.

I mention the worry for them,
she tells me steps taken
hand sanitise on wall (#1.) ..mmhh ask why not at front door,
as that's likely to be left open and inner door closed, as it's cold
plus a sign to say USE THIS door would save unnecessary hands on too many door handles,
simply push with elbows if your concerned

"Doors are Automatic door..just press the button"..(with your FINGERS..doh :wideyed::rolleyes: )
We need to have simple practical methods to reduce the risks for all of us, me thinks.

anyway she was lovely, jabs for India done
back home, none the worse for it so far, was warned mild temperature, tiredness

2 teas and now tested so it's a Tricky Dicky, Tee2-Twin of a score at 5.4....:D
(if that counts:bag: )

onward with the day...:)
may all yours be full of goodness somewhere in the day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back from the docs and after much deliberation and sticking pins in me he has decided that I need an MRI on my spine before proceeding. I did warn him that I have an alien implant in my head from when I was abducted but he said he'd known me long enough to not fall for that one. Oh well.

Just have to sit and wait on the NHS now for a date.

(I am worried about this implant though :))

You think they'd just Mind Meld with you and avoid the MRI ( :wideyed::woot::***: ) issues

where's a Spock when we really need one..:rolleyes:

gave a funny cos it was...my wavelength entirely
but a hug too for the hassle and process time.

God speed it comes around quickly.:)

ps, my visit i asked nurse how long before i need the next booster/jab.

"Oh this one lasts 25 years...a lifetime.."

( ...Cough, splutter...scuse ME..a LIFETIME.. 25 years .:wideyed: )

i guess she'd know, she's read my notes :bookworm:.:bigtears:

was rather looking forward to THAT telegram..oh well..<lip trembles slightly >
still... nice to have a time frame.i suppose..:hilarious:

Reactions: Barb McD

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You think they'd just Mind Meld with you and avoid the MRI ( :wideyed::woot::***: ) issues

where's a Spock when we really need one..:rolleyes:

gave a funny cos it was...my wavelength entirely
but a hug too for the hassle and process time.

God speed it comes around quickly.:)

ps, my visit i asked nurse how long before i need the next booster/jab.

"Oh this one lasts 25 years...a lifetime.."

( ...Cough, splutter...scuse ME..a LIFETIME.. 25 years .:wideyed: )

i guess she'd know, she's read my notes :bookworm:.:bigtears:

was rather looking forward to THAT telegram..oh well..<lip trembles slightly >
still... nice to have a time frame.i suppose..:hilarious:

At least she didn't give you the bottle of pills and the "take these for the rest of your life" for you to open the bottle and find one tablet :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Very confusing this tracking carbs and working out what to eat malarky. Setting aside taste there is a minefield of different apps and metrics. Cronomter gives total carbs and net carbs with and without alcohol sugars. Then it has values for foods ranging from American, American 2016. European to Australia/NZ. Carbmanager has Total carbs, net Carbs and Diabetic carbs - which it claims are most accurate for the impact. Something as simple as tea is a nightmare. Cronometer gives me 0.9 carbs total for the 3 litres I think I have had by 13.00. Carbmanager gives me values of 7 ( 2 x 700 mls breakfast) and 4 for 2 pints lunch so far. - but decides that makes 10 diabetes carbs. Almond milk melts the circuits of carbmanager - it is apparently -1 gm per 200 mls diabetes carb:bigtears:. A tad confused by all this. If the 10 gms is right no food for me.
jSk67UUXcpxMRypc7DxlZw0SjXdtGSJzxZhTXot8onUkUTMyoIdFHdG5bri-WRyEIxuFFkdPmPWL6HDDhwerR0vNQ0GSU-4_Qvgo9z8tUXlbVjQpFx0BzWrN2y1CABGLdvM37yh1

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ever since I joined this thread I have thought what a kind place it is, a community of such friendly people, very unlike other online "communities" I have known.
This morning I am realizing that as well as kind and friendly you are very courageous. I started to put "brave," and that is certainly appropriate; but "courageous" adds heart to bravery, and you all certainly have strong and loving hearts.
I have been reading this morning's posts and wishing I knew of a miracle salve that would ease all the pain. But what I do know is that the love that lives in the hearts and minds of you all is itself a salve, and a miracle. And I thank God for y'all.

Reactions: DJC3 and Cumberland