What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 winner for celebrations
@karen8967 hugs for your nightmare take care and take extra care of your well being today.
Typing this from train up to York’s to see mum - as very early start managed to do bgs and shower but not turn phone or tablet on!
4.6 bg so all good
I’m hoping good day will be had by all. I’ve not braved train for a year because of the rail strikes so hoping my journey is smooth nothing better when it goes to plan as can read etc.

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 on my libre sensor which I have fitted in order to do a demo in my 'reversing diabetes' presentation. Want to show both finger pricking and libre demos. I really like it! Did not hurt ONE BIT when I fitted it. I'm scanning at every opportunity!!! I can see immediately what food does to me. For example yesterday's dinner (brother in law for tea so 2 courses) scrambled eggs bacon low carb sausage mushrooms followed by strawberries and cream. 7.1 at highest point. I reckon that's good.

Today should be interesting. I'm at a DESMOND course! Not for me. With my brother in law who has special needs so im going with him. He has had a very difficult month with one thing and another. The t2d was just a small part of the difficulties! But thankfully we are getting there and he is much happier in himself. I have prepared 2 salads. What's the bet we are the only ones not having sandwiches!!!

Happy Tuesday folks.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.7 on my libre sensor which I have fitted in order to do a demo in my 'reversing diabetes' presentation. Want to show both finger pricking and libre demos. I really like it! Did not hurt ONE BIT when I fitted it. I'm scanning at every opportunity!!! I can see immediately what food does to me. For example yesterday's dinner (brother in law for tea so 2 courses) scrambled eggs bacon low carb sausage mushrooms followed by strawberries and cream. 7.1 at highest point. I reckon that's good.

Today should be interesting. I'm at a DESMOND course! Not for me. With my brother in law who has special needs so im going with him. He has had a very difficult month with one thing and another. The t2d was just a small part of the difficulties! But thankfully we are getting there and he is much happier in himself. I have prepared 2 salads. What's the bet we are the only ones not having sandwiches!!!

Happy Tuesday folks.
D & D I'd be so interested to hear how you both find the DESMOND course...I can't remember if you've been on one already...I can't say enough (bad) about them...a shocking waste of money.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy Tuesday folks.
Have good day on your BILs Desmond course hope it dosent get you stressed! Trouble is it could be a confusing day when message may well be different to the one you’re trying to get across. Good luck and let’s hope trainer is open to different ways of approaching diabetic management

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Happy Tuesday folks.
Good luck with the Dastardly DESMOND course. Might be worth checking at least your fasting reading using a finger prick also as a comparison. I have found that my Libra invariably shows a higher reading. Good for trends though.

SB.25

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, after my excitement of yesterday morning (getting a 9.8) I managed to to stay in single figures all day! According to the MySugr app I averaged a 8.9 and has 0 ‘hypers’.

It seems that today is not going to be a repeat of that as I have woken up to a 10.3 :banghead:.

Have a lovely day everyone!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trouble is it could be a confusing day when message may well be different to the one* you’re trying to get across.

Good luck and let’s hope trainer is open to different ways of approaching diabetic management

Good point, well made.
And *... god, let's hope so..
@Debandez , is like a diabetic commando ,
Miles behind enemy lines, working in the background, with the small but growing resistance groups....

Death to sugar,
Viva La D&D,
Viva la Freedom..
Viva las vegas...:wacky:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks Saskia...its just frustrating for me I know my HbA1c is .not due for another two and a half months..

Presume there IS a cost to procedure.
Not sure if THAT would be a useful argument or sway any reasoning.

I guess once you give up the bloods..it's like posting a picture on the web, you just lose all control over WHAT they do or use it for .

Deep breathing, picture your happy place, walks on beach with Harry chasing seagulls,.

B***** all you can do about it, and when you can't do B***** all...
Let go of the Tiller,
( pointless really wasting good energy fighting some of life's more perverse decisions.)
and let the wind take you where it will....

good luck today..fingers crossed all scores are in the positive direction.x

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.9 at 0800 and I’ll take that.
@karen8967 that must have been horrible last night good the alarm went off. Sending you hugs for a calmer day. X
@Bubbsie good luck with the blood tests etc today. B r e a t h e !
@Ziggy2017 get better soon and anyone else a bit poorly.
@Debandez there were a few smugs at my Desmond course flashing their pasta salads!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@karen8967
Sorry to hear that.
Good job the alarm went off, reassuring to know it deterred....and did its job.

Think the after effects ..the what if's linger long then then the actual incidents do..sadly.

Good luck getting something back from police....let's hope our little visitor gets his collar felt, quick time

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Someone has tried to break into my house drilled the locks on patio doors but my alarm has gone off as they have entered police reckon they have been after tommys car keys my bgs are through the roof

Good job you had an alarm, shame you had to have an alarm. Very pleased no confrontation was involved.
Take care xxx

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.4 today

slept in this morning and must have slept with my foot at a funny angle because the top of it is quite sore when I stand on it this morning :sorry: It's grey and mild outside but looks like rain today so after breakfast I'll walk down to the village shop to pick up the weekly small loaf order and some milk, perhaps that will help the foot :)

we'll probably go do some bush trimming at mum's later if it stays reasonably dry, I don't mind pruning or a bit of lopping in a mild shower but I draw the line at hedge trimming in a downpour ;) chicken veggie soup to take with us for lunch is already made just in case.

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

@karen8967 what a horrible experience, sending a hug

Last edited: