What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'll go with 4.7 today sub-optimal or not -it is the feast of The Transfiguration. @Debandez yes I have had DGF very recently - chocolate just about bearable but Julie bakes far better. Their's are also so small but a present is a present. Their MCT creamer is a joke. @SaskiaKC the wine flattens spikes from more carby food such as potatoes and root veg plus, nowadays, microscopic (for me) slices of birthday cake and desserts which little girls with doe eyes offer granddad.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all.

@ianpspurs -- Keeping my fingers crossed for you today re your hospital appointment.

Fasting blood sugars yesterday were 5.0. Today's were 4.4.

Have a great day everyone.
Thanks - and @SueJB very much appreciate the hug - hope all is well with you and la Belle Dame sans Merci

Last edited:

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today but decided to tackle my recent dawn phenomena (starting around 5 going to @6.5 with nothing to eat) by eating a piece of cheese more or less as soon as i woke up. It works for me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200806-102751_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200806-102751_LibreLink.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 204
Reactions: philchap1

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
8.1 today. Grrrr. New Libre sensor said 4.7 which I was following. Need to take a bedtime finger prick, especially with a new sensor.

Reactions: philchap1

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.9 today but decided to tackle my recent dawn phenomena (starting around 5 going to @6.5 with nothing to eat) by eating a piece of cheese more or less as soon as i woke up. It works for me.
Hi @Debandez may I ask you how long it takes to bring your BS down (and by how much) and when you have your breakfast after that or do you just have tea/coffee - any advice is much appreciated - many thanks

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.9 this morning - disappointed as I have been very very good recently - just when I think I am getting there :banghead:

Could be heat as it is warm here today or anything really ???

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @Debandez may I ask you how long it takes to bring your BS down (and by how much) and when you have your breakfast after that or do you just have tea/coffee - any advice is much appreciated - many thanks
Hi Mrs T. To be honest I've never timed it but here is my scan log for info. Re breakfast, these days I'm probably more of a coffee and cream for breakfast and a brunch person as I like to eat just twice a day (I feel it saves my dads army inside if I don't bring them out too often) So I would probably eat around 11am.

When my starting point has been higher I have a zero carb breaky (eg omelette, smocked mackerel or continental). When its in the 4s I would have a higher carb breaky, yoghurt with berries or keto muesli for example, I might occasionally have a slice of toast balanced out with fats (bacon is my favourite) which I feel keeps the rise down. I don't have bread very often at all. When I do its Hi-lo or a similar low carb one one. I keep a loaf in my freezer and just take out a slice as and when. I keep meaning to bake my own!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200807-042855_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200807-042855_LibreLink.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 250