What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

jennifer14136

Hello mates,
At a couple of the other forums I've frequented there was a thread like this one where we all sorta checked in each day, with our first cup of coffee or tea, and reported our fasting or waking blood glucose level and some short comment about whether we're ok with it or if not - why not?...

It worked well as a sort of 'first thread to check' each morning and post to.

I'll start.

This morning was a 5.6mmol for me. That's about normal for me

What about you?
I was 5 usual for me

the-mental-one

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs thank you. I also like avocados :cat:

Ran so late for work this morning I never took my fasting test but I did receive my annual blood test results back and my estimated average BG was 6.8 and my HbA1c was 40 given I was off meds and not always sticking to my diet last year that seems good to me.

@nutribolt I do not know how you manage to do the fasting you do, used to be I could forget to eat but now if I miss a meal I know *all* about it. I think it's amazing and happy it is working for you.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 this morning after first fasting day. It will likely go downwards today as well and I will have to keep a watch as I would not want numbers hovering in 3.x before I go to bed tonight.

@the-mental-one I am sure it will be easy for anyone who is lazy enough like me. You see fasting inadvertently allows me to avoid cooking and if mrs is cooking it means less time for her in the kitchen and more time with me and that quality time is a huge motivation :).

Apart from that, I really do feel that going very low carb helped with reduced hunger pangs and over time fasting periods have become as natural as gap between two meals on a normal eating day.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs thank you. I also like avocados :cat:

Ran so late for work this morning I never took my fasting test but I did receive my annual blood test results back and my estimated average BG was 6.8 and my HbA1c was 40 given I was off meds and not always sticking to my diet last year that seems good to me.

@nutribolt I do not know how you manage to do the fasting you do, used to be I could forget to eat but now if I miss a meal I know *all* about it. I think it's amazing and happy it is working for you.
:woot::woot: For A1c and liking avocados. Salmon avo salad day today - highlight of my week.:woot::woot::woot: