- Slice the fish into paper thin slices the size of your mold for the sushi
- Using a tablespoon measure dipped in ice water, mold sticky rice and pat down in the measure
- Tap on a wooden board to loosen the rice and place on the cutting board
- Continue until all rice is used
- Place the sliced fish on each rice mold and decorate with pickled ginger, cucumber, or any other bits of vegetable you have from other sushi you are preparing
- Serve with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.
Nutrional Facts (Per Serving)
45 calories (4% calories from fat), 4 g protein, trace total fat (0 saturated fat), 7 g carbohydrate, 0 dietary fiber, 6 mg cholesterol, 5 mg sodium.
Recipe Comments and Suggestions
Diabetic-Recipes.com. © Diabetic-Lifestyle, 2001.
To make Nigiri-Sushi, you'll need:
- 4 oz sushi-grade fresh fish = (such as raw tuna salmon or sea bass)
- 1 cup cooked sticky rice Pickled ginger as needed Cucumber as needed Wasabi paste as needed Light soy sauce as needed