What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @shelley262,

I once bought walnut flour and it is actually quite a lot carbier than almond flour. Don't really know why -- but maybe grinding walnuts does something to them.
Thanks for letting me know about greater carb content maybe I'll stick to almond ! Good to see you back big welcome back hug

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
B - 1/2 avocado with smoked salmon
L - oven baked salmon fillet with vegan mayonnaise
D - lamb and spinach curry with 1 josephs pitta bread
Snacks - 1 Adonis blondie & 1 Adonis bar
Drinks - 2 x nespresso with soya cream
1265 cals, 28g carbs, 26g fibre

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: coconut porridge with cream and a few raspberries. Creamy coffee

L: salad of crayfish tails, avocado, grated courgette, cherry tomatoes with olive oil and cider vinegar dressing. Greek yoghurt and sugar free jelly.

I was really cross with myself when I worked out that my dainty looking little lunch had 13g carbs and over 700 calories! Why didn’t I look it all up before I ate it! Rookie error. (I try to keep meals under 7 or 8g carbs)

D: steak with green salad, celeriac chips, portobello mushroom baked with garlic cream cheese filling.

S: 6 almonds and a couple of coffees

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A fishy day

10am coffeesubstitute and cream
1pm a chunk of haddock with the batter peeled off. Well, almost all of it.
7pm a chunk of salmon with harrissa mayo

Also made a choc mousse. No recipe. Just melted a 100g bar of 72% in the microwave, stirred in 2 teasp of erythritol, then 300ml of double cream and whipped all together in a blender.
Divided it into 6 portions (approx 300 cals/portion, and nicely low carb).
But having eaten one, i think those portions are far too big. Possibly twice as big as they ought to be.

Mufflana

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B. Scambled eggs,spinach and cream cheese
L. Not hungry, beef broth with a splash of cream
D. Again....not hungry but aware fats low so Twinings nutty chocolate tea made into hot chocolate with butter and cream! Whizzed up in the bullet this is pretty tasty, put in my travel mug and still sipping now.

Think the ferrous fulminate the Docs have me on is curbing my appetite, will need to keep an eye on it....or go with it and fast for a few days....not sure yet as they asked me to eat more meat......lol

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasn’t expecting to post as was attempting a 48 hour water fast. However had to abandon it after 24 hours due to hunger and nausea.

Dinner was a Lidl roll with bacon and the remainder of last week’s chocolate olive oil cake with cream.

Reactions: DJC3

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all
Sympathise with you @Goonergal but you need to go with your body - you’ve done the right thing and it may be different another day. I couldn’t have done it at this stage of my weight loss as think there is a lot less fat available would have needed at least some cream. Early on fasting in general was much easier for me.
First thing coffee with cream
Brunch bacon,mushrooms and egg fried in coconut oil
Dinner chicken curry with slice of low carb bread fried in coconut oil followed by one scoop of oppo ice cream and 2x 100% choc buttons
@HarrisonK good to see you on this thread I find it really helpful to keep a log of what I eat hope it helps you - you look like you are making great low carb choices
@DJC3 weve all been there trying to get balance right but it dosent look too high carb ! Sure it will all come out in the wash!
Edit ended evening with a gin and soda water

Last edited:

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a white coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Café pancake with bacon and sugar free maple syrup followed by Greek yoghurt and blue berries.
Mid afternoon: Hartleys 10 cal jelly and black coffee.
Dinner: Chinese takeaway! Hoped I’d made some good choices, crispy duck (left the pancakes and just had a smidge of hoisin sauce), stir fried veggies and crispy seaweed followed by one square of Tesco 85% chocolate. Choices turned out well for my blood sugar, 1mmol lower two hours afterwards :angelic:

EDIT to correct a typo!

Last edited:

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

Turns out I didn't exercise after all last night. So, my blood sugars were a bit higher this morning -- let's see if I am more motivated tonight.

@Goonergal -- When I had more weight to lose, I found it much easier to skip meals. Now that my BMI is in the normal range, I get hungry more often. Maybe this is what is happening to you too.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and xylitol.

Lunch: About 100g of hummus, two scrambled eggs, roasted vegetables (bellpepper, eggplant, zucchini and mushrooms) in olive oil, about 60g of Greek yoghurt.

A double decaffeinated espresso macchiato with xylitol while out and about this afternoon.

Dinner: Roasted vegetables with Greek yoghurt, cole slaw, a DD keto roll with butter, a wiener sausage, three smallish pieces of low-carb brownie, a glass of dry red wine.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Goonergal, my daughter’s home from Uni for the weekend and went to the city centre this afternoon, so I asked her to call in at Hotel Chocolat and ask if they have the individual Teolat teabags. She went in and asked saying it was for her Mum and they gave her one for free for me as it Mother’s Day weekend! I’m saving it for Mother’s Day, so I’ll let you know what I think.

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Goonergal, my daughter’s home from Uni for the weekend and went to the city centre this afternoon, so I asked her to call in at Hotel Chocolat and ask if they have the individual Teolat teabags. She went in and asked saying it was for her Mum and they gave her one for free for me as it Mother’s Day weekend! I’m saving it for Mother’s Day, so I’ll let you know what I think.

Isn’t that great! Hope you enjoy it

I’ve got the cacao and peppermint version, they round a meal off perfectly - leaves your mouth feeling like you’ve had a few After Eights

Reactions: ziggy_w

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Isn’t that great! Hope you enjoy it

I’ve got the cacao and peppermint version, they round a meal off perfectly - leaves your mouth feeling like you’ve had a few After Eights

Yes I liked the sound of the peppermint one too. I just have to get round the fact that they are tea as I’m a confirmed coffee drinker really!

Reactions: ziggy_w

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Wasn’t expecting to post as was attempting a 48 hour water fast. However had to abandon it after 24 hours due to hunger and nausea.

Dinner was a Lidl roll with bacon and the remainder of last week’s chocolate olive oil cake with cream.

Hope they hit the spot and you feel better for them.

Motherhen2014

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People shouting while on their phones.
Well I started off ok today.......
Two egg omlette with 34gms grammes of lightest cheddar.

Lunch time a meal in a Greek restaurant with my daughter of lean Lamb chops.
Chicken wings,Greek sausage and salad and a piece of my grandsons birthday cake.

Got home and hit the biscuits so a good start and rubbish the rest of the day.But hey no another day tomorrow..x

Reactions: DJC3

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w and @shelley262 agree with you on the fasting, it’s definitely got harder and yesterday was the first time I tried it without allowing myself cream in hot drinks.

Although I didn’t last for 48 hours, the 24 hours had a big effect - half a centimetre off my waist, 0.4kg down and ketones went from 2.1 yesterday morning to 3.3 this morning. Will be eating more today as don’t want the ketones to go any higher.

@Rachox hope you enjoy the tea. I’ve just had one with cream.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rachox

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfest: sausage + walnut bread + tomato
5,5 bm; 5,7 1h (with 20m working in the garden);
IMG_0660.jpg

Last edited:

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w and @shelley262 agree with you on the fasting, it’s definitely got harder and yesterday was the first time I tried it without allowing myself cream in hot drinks.

Although I didn’t last for 48 hours, the 24 hours had a big effect - half a centimetre off my waist, 0.4kg down and ketones went from 2.1 yesterday morning to 3.3 this morning. Will be eating more today as don’t want the ketones to go any higher.

@Rachox hope you enjoy the tea. I’ve just had one with cream.
Wow that’s amazing probably just what you needed to kick it a little bit. Well done

Reactions: ziggy_w and DJC3