What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all 4.8 this morning. Last of the really hot days today. Dogs survived the cake eating episode with no side effects. The coffee vendor was not at the market yesterday so we will have to resort to vanilla extract in the pot until he returns.
Today is the 5th anniversary of the death of my parents and I am amazed how much life has changed for me and my children in that time. Their passing has directly or indirectly allowed both myself and my wife to retire early and all three boys to buy houses. So from one cataclysmic day for us all some positive has come. This is my sermon for today folks . One or two people I have read spent time soon after dx crying and some here are iffy about exercise but what seems crushing initially can turn out to be an amazing new start.:) Carpe diem and all that folks. If we only see this as managing diabetes we are missing the bigger picture.

Last edited:

Mal37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Social situations
Good Morning everyone!
I am so happy to find that I am 5.3 on this beautiful sunny morning.
Have to make the most of it as the weather is due to return to normal May temperatures from tomorrow.
Have a lovely day each and every one :D

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Last edited:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@DJC3 and @SueJB This thread my be way more advanced than it first seemed https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/regular-moderate-exercise-log.83995/page-85 look at post #1698 We are not at that level so may require a rethink :banghead: The initial gloss on the thread sounded about right but it seems to have turned into a willy waving thread.

I think this looks ok. There are some people just managing 10mins cycling or a bit of stretching and others quoting some big numbers but it looks pretty inclusive I think.

Btw 6.1 today. Was fun in the 5s and I’ve just popped out briefly. Could be the fact I woke later than usual today, but more likely the 3/4 bottle of Champagne I drank through the evening yesterday. It was worth it though.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
@DJC3 and @SueJB This thread my be way more advanced than it first seemed https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/regular-moderate-exercise-log.83995/page-85 look at post #1698 We are not at that level so may require a rethink :banghead: The initial gloss on the thread sounded about right but it seems to have turned into a willy waving thread.

Any form of exercise is to be encouraged and at any level. Start your own thread. You will also be at different levels. Avoid competition. I have taken the mickey out of the whole exercise thing on another thread today but in this endevour you have my best wishes

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on waking (4.4 going to bed but I over indulged on the wine in the bank holiday sunshine....or I feel it might be a little lower). I had 3 large glasses of the lowest carb white which I read as saivignon blanc. Very nice it was too with lots of ice :)

Apart from being naughty on the wine I had a low carb day. Apprehensive about tomorrow when I have an appointment to get my bloods done for my appointment with my DN on 16th. Fingers crossed I will show as being in remission.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on waking (Apprehensive about tomorrow when I have an appointment to get my bloods done for my appointment with my DN on 16th. Fingers crossed I will show as being in remission.
@Debandez You are now testing and thinking about impact on bg of your lifestyle choices so little reason to be apprehensive. You have a great narrative to tell the DN :)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.2 today

it was cooler during the night and we've got an idea what the cost of the fencing repairs is :( but at least we know now, probably going to mum's today so I'm off into the kitchen to make bacon and veggie soup ;)

good day to you all :)

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.2 on waking (4.4 going to bed but I over indulged on the wine in the bank holiday sunshine....or I feel it might be a little lower). I had 3 large glasses of the lowest carb white which I read as saivignon blanc. Very nice it was too with lots of ice :)

Apart from being naughty on the wine I had a low carb day. Apprehensive about tomorrow when I have an appointment to get my bloods done for my appointment with my DN on 16th. Fingers crossed I will show as being in remission.
fingers crossed for you goodluck xx

Reactions: HarryBeau