What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Does IP allow skin to be crisp on salmon fillets in the 3 minute method? Wake up time has been better recently. Comment was due to yesterday's OMAD and previously seeing silly O'Clock waking. Obviously very helpful later in the year when chickens are desperate to be freed at first light.

No crispy skin - I never eat the skin anyway so it’s not an issue for me.

I can see that early waking might be good in the summer, but you have my symathies for the cortisol kick in at this time of year.

Reactions: zauberflote

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today has had a lemon & bacon theme!
Breakfast - LC lemon muffin with soya milk cappuccino
Lunch (ish) - 4 rashers Nitrate free streaky bacon with a watercress & rocket salad dressed with lemon juice
Mid afternoon - LC lemon shortbread with mug of tea with lactofree milk
Snacky things - 2 brazil nuts and 8 smoked almonds
Dinner - yet to be decided - Im not very hungry as yet - I think it may well be a toss up between a mushroom omlette or tuna salad
Best laid plans n’all that - dinner ended up as a bowl of chocolate hebba pap ( normal hebba pap with the addition of 4 dark chocolate chefs drops & 1tsp soya cream)
Scores on the doors ended up as
965 cals, 17g carbs, 21g fibre

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
After my Food Channel Jamie Oliver food fest over xmas (do I know how to live, or wot?) i can say that if you peel salmon skin off and flash grill it for a few mins, it will go crisp and crackly as it cools.

:D

Food today:
Back to work, so no brekkie
Lunch was 3 slices roast beef and two mouthfuls of cauliflower, as an experiment. Can’t remember why I ever ate the stuff. Really didn’t enjoy the sulfurous vibe. And as for the flatulence... goodness... I had managed to wipe that from my memory. Til forcibly reminded of it, this afternoon. ;)
Dinner will be pork ribs I found in freezer. I think they are the hothothot piri piri ones. :hungry:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

Another OMAD day today driven by an 11 mile walk as I enjoyed my last day before returning to work.

Dinner included a bit of an experiment - having committed to trying to stick to full carnivore for January (world carnivore month) tried a meatzza in place of fathead pizza. Used some leftovers which have been languishing in the freezer from a mince, bacon, cheesy concoction I made a while ago as the base and added some mozzarella, pepperoni and 1 piece of Polish sausage to the top. Needs refining as not crisp enough and no chance of lifting off greasproof paper in one piece. Perhaps some egg to bind it, or pre-cooking the base until it’s crisp. Tasted pretty darn delicious though. Added some chicken wings coated in pork crunch, Parmesan and garlic salt. Now stuffed!

@zauberflote interesting to see you live in a city twinned with Richmond on Thames. I live on the opposite side of London, but visit the area quite often as I have a membership at Kew Gardens.

Attachments

• 8161AC98-F490-4C21-9C2E-6E87F0AC6547.jpeg
    8161AC98-F490-4C21-9C2E-6E87F0AC6547.jpeg
    832 KB · Views: 204
  • E9F0B62B-EC21-4FA8-BBC3-D8866DF3A8C0.jpeg
    E9F0B62B-EC21-4FA8-BBC3-D8866DF3A8C0.jpeg
    131.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 55F4B3D3-D3BE-427B-B4C4-9DC44B4A7515.jpeg
    55F4B3D3-D3BE-427B-B4C4-9DC44B4A7515.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 224

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Hi lo toast and butter
Lunch: Chicken, olives, tomatoes, cucumber, cream cheese stuffed peppers, a small handful of vegetable crisps. Strawberries and thick cream..
Dinner: Chicken, gravy, sprouts, carrots, green beans and cauliflower cheese. Mosser Roth chocolate and one Lindt lindor milk chocolate which was sickly sweet :depressed:

purplepenguin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back on the wagon again and found the cravings really hard to cope with today. I did not break though. This is what I've eaten today.
Late breakfast - chunk of mattesons sausage, 2 slices cheese.
Lunch - chicken stirfry made with mushrooms, spring onions and bean sprouts
Dinner - Chicken fajitas without the tortilla, a ton of cheese and sour cream.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all lovely and sunny earlier on so got out for a bit of a walk but OH under weather with bad cold that I’m hoping I don’t get!
Brunch cheese and mushroom omelette with some buttered herby lc crackers
Dinner chicken curry served with fried mushrooms and cauliflower rice then pudding lc lemon and lime mousse with fage 5% yoghurt.
Hope everyone has had a good day.

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Tori71 were the cream cheese peppers at lunch the mini ones from the deli counter. Forgot about those...its good here I get ideas though probably wont give anybody else any ideas!!
They were indeed. I re discovered them at Christmas and can't stop eating them! I think they are about 4.6g of carbs per 100g or something ridiculous like that.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So many people tell me so, don’t know why I can eat pork scratchings or crackling but not other types of skin.

Do you have an air fryer? I'm experimenting with various skins in the AF.

I made some pea and ham soup the other day, with the stock from a gammon hock. Needless to say I skinned the hock before it went into the cauldron. Actually that rind is in the freezer, but it'll be fabulous when metamorphosed into crackling.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have an air fryer?

On the topic of gadgets, on my visit to Lidl this morning, among other cooking related items they had:

- Air fryers
- Cooks blow torches
- Coffee grinders
- Mini choppers
- Vacuum sealers
- Mincers
- Slow cookers

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On the topic of gadgets, on my visit to Lidl this morning, among other cooking related items they had:

- Air fryers
- Cooks blow torches
- Coffee grinders
- Mini choppers
- Vacuum sealers
- Mincers
- Slow cookers

Er,.......... If one counts the IP as a slow cooker, as it has that functionality, one has all those things.

The blow torch can be so therapeutic at times, and would definitely crisp salmon skin, @ianpspurs , in literally no time at all.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Babybel cheese, cherry tomatoes and pork scratchings followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: 2 x LC lemon shortbread biscuits and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with mixed veggies and carrot and swede mash followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have an air fryer? I'm experimenting with various skins in the AF.

I made some pea and ham soup the other day, with the stock from a gammon hock. Needless to say I skinned the hock before it went into the cauldron. Actually that rind is in the freezer, but it'll be fabulous when metamorphosed into crackling.

No, no air fryer, and Ive got my fingers in my ears singing lalala to myself so I don’t get drawn in. No room for any more gadgets lol.