What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
View attachment 32659 Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: left over Mediterranean veg with melted mature cheddar followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and Halo Top peanut butter swirl ice cream, perfect after a walk in the sunshine. Thanks for the heads up on these @DCUKMod !
Dinner: liver and bacon with mixed veg. followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola and a small piece of Lindt dark choc Easter egg.
How many carbs in the ice cream? It looks amazing!

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s one of those weird ones, it’s listed as 9g but 1.3 is polyols so net carbs 7.7g. There are a few other flavours, this was the lowest but there’s not much in it.

How was it? Did it raise your bg much?

D

Deleted member 308541

A bit of a warning of what not to do what I did the other day.. When we were using the slow cooker on Monday cooking the corned beef the oven got turned on one element.

The cooker was sitting on this board, when it started burning, smoke everywhere in the kitchen which we caught in time not to have caused any worse damage. It turned out the smoke alarm was stuffed in the kitchen.

So had the electrician in yesterday,and have replaced all three alarms that we have in the unit, all nice shiny photoelectric ones have been wired into the power like the old ones.

dmEKuD5.jpg

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Corned beef with plenty of hot english mustard sandwiches.
Dinner: Hamburgers, snags, and salad.
Breakfast: Cheesey omelette, bacon, tomatoes, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast was scrambled eggs and blackpudding, coffee and double cream. Had some gouda as a snack. Dinner: OMG roasted herdwick lamb leg and sliced green beans with lots of butter. It was absolutely delicious. Having it again tomorrow. Bad start to the day, felt really weak and wishy washy, jaw wasn't to good. It had recovered by dinner time so I am going to bed a very happy bunny.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It was very tasty :hungry: 4.8 before and 4.9 2 hours afterwards :)

Fantastic!
Don’t think I dare try it though - I usually get a spike after a PhD bar or Carb Killer. Maybe I just react to the sweet taste - very annoying.

cireland

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: - Bacon and Egg sandwich on white bread with a portion of Hollumi and Turkish sausage.
Lunch - Was a sandwich with Parma ham, some peanuts in chocolate and some grapes
Dinner was Steak, chips, mushrooms, asparagus and breaded camembert.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: - Bacon and Egg sandwich on white bread with a portion of Hollumi and Turkish sausage.
Lunch - Was a sandwich with Parma ham, some peanuts in chocolate and some grapes
Dinner was Steak, chips, mushrooms, asparagus and breaded camembert.

You do realise this is the low carb sub-forum? ;)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast was scrambled eggs and blackpudding, coffee and double cream. Had some gouda as a snack. Dinner: OMG roasted herdwick lamb leg and sliced green beans with lots of butter. It was absolutely delicious. Having it again tomorrow. Bad start to the day, felt really weak and wishy washy, jaw wasn't to good. It had recovered by dinner time so I am going to bed a very happy bunny.

The lamb sounds delicious. So glad your jaw had recovered in time for dinner.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Tipetoo oh my gosh how scary...was the cooker a write off? I had a kitchen fire last summer and it took me weeks to get over it...mine was leaking gas from a camping gas during a power cut. Had to have the fire service out though me and friend smothered it with several wet bath towels. Kitchen saved because it was on a stone worktop island.
Hugs.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
@Tipetoo OMG - thank goodness you got to it in time. Scary!! We changed to cooking with gas because we had something similar happen with a teatowel on an electric hob a few years back. Turned out there was a fault on that ring and it wasn't turning completely off when the control knob looked like it was turned off.

Today....

Breakfast: Two boiled eggs and buttered Livlife bread soldiers for dipping
Lunch: Chunk of cheese - probably Wensleydale with cranberries as that is what is already open
Dinner: Place fillet fried in butter and garlic with broccoli
Drinks: BDC, SSW

charlie000

After a 22 hour fast, and 3 miles of walking before my meal today. I had:

A half of whole chicken
Spinach (paneer) without cheese - cooked again
Feta cheese on the side
Lemon squeezed fresh + black pepper
Mayo, Tabasco and some Lurpak salted butter
Half of Greggs Lemon shortbread biscuit (about 7.5g carb in the half, 15g whole biscuit)
1 Diet Coke

Relaxing with a cup of tea now

BG was 4.2 in the morning

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m scared of Diet Coke. I dunno why I’m having it so much maybe because it’s just there... 30 cans from Asda for £7 lol
Resist.....one thing I love from Asda is their Mortadella with paprika. Very addictive.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
The insurrection my body started on Easter Saturday isn't quite over. It seems to mutate slightly each day so the menu today is very truncated. Tea until about 12,45 then cocoa and an 80 gms tub of Morrinsons rollitos. That prompted my body to make me feel sick for about 5 hrs - new one that. Evening meal was zero carb and cal electrolyte drink, schneiderbrot protein bread chicken and h/m (1 tsp) mayo and tea. Doing amazing things for body fat % but bg unimpressed.
Edited to add: Today at least joints worked so end on a positive.

Last edited: