What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Not sure it is appropriate to post this. I might get moderated.

Have just realised that Zoom can be a potential minefield.

was setting up for my 5pm Zoom meeting on pilates. Luckily no one has joined yet. Was testing webcam and sound etc. The door to the upstairs office was open.

As I looked at the screen the upstairs landing was visible through the open door and I saw the back view of Mr K walking across the landing (minus his clothes) on the way to the shower - totally unaware that the webcam was plugged in.

Note to self. Make sure the door of the office is firmly closed when I do start the meeting.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

was setting up for my 5pm Zoom meeting on pilates. Luckily no one has joined yet. Was testing webcam and sound etc. The door to the upstairs office was open.

As I looked at the screen the upstairs landing was visible through the open door and I saw the back view of Mr K walking across the landing (minus his clothes) on the way to the shower - totally unaware that the webcam was plugged in.

Note to self. Make sure the door of the office is firmly closed when I do start the meeting.
You're ok @Krystyna23040 no one here but us and the tumbleweed rolling along main street. The rest are busy with art. Tell the mods Mr K is your still life/muse. Tight buns for an older guy, btw:angelic:

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 this am didn't test yesterday because of very poor sleep I knew my reading would be depressingly high not that 7.4 is a is great number :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
7.4 this am didn't test yesterday because of very poor sleep I knew my reading would be depressingly high not that 7.4 is a is great number :)
You tested, posted here and didn't bury your head in the sand. Hug is for poor sleep but every inch a winner for sticking with it. Any schmuck can test and post when everything is going well. Takes proper ticker to do the hard yards . Good on ya.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Or Mr K remains dressed. :)

lindisfel

Expert

Quite usual, my eldest nearly had it happen with her, small but beautifully marked husband, with her students, but they will have to get used to unclad people.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's splash, yes it rained cats and dogs, so I escaped to get paint and took my sketch pad and pan paints and did a Plein Air watercoloursketch from the comfort of my VW camper van whilst crossing Cannock Chase. This is farmers fields near Slitting Mill. A4 about 20 minutes whilst listening to Beethovens 7th Symphony and drinking a cup of coffee I had brewed, bliss.
I shall make a proper painting from the sketch...
IMG_3738.JPG

Reactions: karen8967

lindisfel

Expert
Basically you need piece of cheese and small loaf of bread. Break a piece of cheese and work it into the bread with your thumb. Tear some off when you have enough bread to cover the cheese. Thumbits were docky. Best demo of that I ever saw were some plasterers when I worked on converting flats in the mill that had been Sincclair's starting point in between O and A levels.
Hi Ian, Was the gypsum an optional extra?
D.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

was 4.4 this morning - which seems a long time ago ;)

out early to the big shed for volunteering then picked up some take away for dinner, very nice chicken shashlik with side salad and coleslaw, without the Turkish bread ;)

Hope your day is treating you mostly gently :)

@gennepher - interesting painting today, I like it, it's a curious sort of blend of old and young feeling with it's slight, mysterious smile, rather Gaia-esque :)

@dunelm - nice, calming. Like a cross betwen dandelion clocks and slow blooming fireworks :)

@Alien Aspie - is flying like driving, less nausea inducing when you're the one in control? (I used to be travel sick all the time when I was younger :().

@Muddy Cyclist - ouchy! - hope the scrapes heal quickly.
Like the plein air sketch very much, that's a lovely sky :)

art bit -
thought I would have another try at the Graphitint pencils, so the drawing is done with those with an added watercolour wash.
It's a bit of the nearby church, not exactly plein air but from inside because of the rain ;)
upload_2020-8-27_19-55-27.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist - ouchy! - hope the scrapes heal quickly.
Like the plein air sketch very much, that's a lovely sky :)
Thank you, re wounds, bloods stopped flowing. :)

Pencil and wash always are lovely medium. The colours and feel for the stone you have created with great expertise I really like this drawing.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quite usual, my eldest nearly had it happen with her, small but beautifully marked husband, with her students, but they will have to get used to unclad people.:)
I was quite shocked at just how easy it would be for things to go horribly wrong on Zoom. Although I also found it quite funny.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's splash, yes it rained cats and dogs, so I escaped to get paint and took my sketch pad and pan paints and did a Plein Air watercoloursketch from the comfort of my VW camper van whilst crossing Cannock Chase. This is farmers fields near Slitting Mill. A4 about 20 minutes whilst listening to Beethovens 7th Symphony and drinking a cup of coffee I had brewed, bliss.
I shall make a proper painting from the sketch...
View attachment 43567

I think I remember you considering making your VW camper a chicken coop at the beginning of lockdown. Aren't you glad you didn't now? But think of all those eggs you could have had...

Instead you are sitting in the ultimate comfort of your camper in the rain and you have produced this masterpiece. I love it :)