What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Thanks, Lizzy. I must confess I don't recall asking for it, but it looks interesting anyway.

I'd have to drop the breadcrumbs altogether, due to the gluten, but the egg might hold it together anyway.
Perhaps use some physillium husk?

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Monday Bed 7.8 FBG 8.8 - Still higher than normal but coming down gradually. @DJC3 - It depends what tier you are in. There are 5 tiers here but, for some unknown reason, you'd think there were 4 as they are numbered 0 - 4. Don't get the idea 0 means totally normality either - it doesn't. There are still restrictions. It makes it seem there is no way out. We're in Tier 3 but we're about to move to Tier 2 (which we should have been in weeks ago to be honest). Hairdressers are allowed to operate in Tier 3 and below. Tier 4 (which is effectively 5) they can't.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SLC toast with pate.
L. Nothing
D. Salad of prawns & smoked salmon with Marie Rose sauce, lettuce, tomato, mini mozzarella, avocado. 2 squares of Godiva.
Hopefully things settle down for you all with lockdown ....

Reactions: maglil55

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@nutribolt I checked the uttapam recipe, and you won't catch me grating beans ! I value my fingers too much for that.
@Annb I hope it's a short course of antibiotic! That is brutal to have to take it on an empty stomach. Glad you're feeling like food anyway!
@Annb your prune amount would not be explosive in another person taking codeine either! Speaking from experience in a larger forum than this, for joint replacement.
@notepadplusplus congrats on the internship!
@Antje77 I hope you get the time by yourself to recharge! Teaching a child to use a slide is a big accomplishment! I'm going over to the parallel chat for melt/molten, because it's never occurred to me they are etymologicalally (sorry lol) related!!

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
Happy belated birthday @maglil55

Yesterday went out by train to Sydney its a 2 hour total trip one way. First time since May that travelled on train sounds crazy as it is. We are very lucky here in Australia NSW as covid19 is not in the community.... I felt comfortable on the train not many people are commuting so not many on trains but restrictions are lifting ...

The other day brought a lower carb bread from aldi and some LC bread rolls claim is 85% lower carb each serve of sliced bread is 2 slices and has 5.0g carbs sugars 1.4g dietary fibre 10.7g fat 12.8g energy 1040kj/248cal but I have no idea how to correctly work out my macros need to look into that correctly as have not really been doing macros .... well not really doing keto !

Yesterday
Breakfast
Cooked 2 slices of low carb bread with scrambled eggs with thick cream cooked in butter and black coffee. But only managed to eat 1 slice and half the scrambled eggs so covered put in fridge for another meal.

Lunch

Grilled barramundi it came with salad and chips only ate the fish and had a few chips and nibbled a bit of salad ... by the time I got served wasn't hungry it was a shocking service. Me and my friends all ordered at the same time at the counter but everyone got meals at different times and other tables were being served meals before we were and waited nearly an hour to be served. I was last to be served and by this time everyone else had already finished their meals so one of my friends went to the bar and asked for free wine and complained and so bartender gave me free glass of wine lovely as that was it still be last time I go there. But a plus is caught up with my friends..

Went for coffee and found a coffee shop so had

Coffee and crossaint

Came Home and made a black tea wasn't hungry but by 7.30pm was feeling like something

Dinner
Leftovers from dinner last night about 2 tablespoons of tabbelah 1/2 fried chickens breast spoon of garlic sauce which I wrapped in a taco wrap and rocket leaves

Then For some reason kept nibbling at foods not sure if it was the travelling or stress but ate 2 nectarines and about 8 red frogs brought these for low sugar which I had in house as was having problems finding glucose tablets recently not good idea to have in the house this time though!

Today

Breakfast

Had leftover from Yesterdays Breakfast
Remaining slice of low carb bread with leftovers scrambled eggs with thick cream cooked in butter and 2 black coffee.

Dinner

I've pulled out a pork belly last night so hopefully it defrosts in time to cook for dinner tonight otherwise might have to work out what to make instead

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Wed bfast avocado, pecans, boiled egg, 1 sq Lindt 90%, flax crisps/dilute soymilk
Made a piecrust dough, put in fridge
Toasted some pecans in the frying pan with olive oil&salt because this was requested for Thanksgiving. Of course I had to eat some of the worst burnt ones. There seemed to be an awful lot of those! Stored in rice cooker, will warm up tomorrow and serve warming. Clever me. Rolled out pie crust, a task I do only once a year as I loathe and detest it. Mixed up pumpkin pie filling. Bowl licking. Discovered that 1/8 cup of canned pumpkin has <2 carbs, so am cogitating how to put eggs, pumpkin, the delightful spices, and soymilk with a little erythritol for allowable pumpkin pie muffin cups. Too bad don't dare use cream. Should I add almond flour to cake it up some? We shall see!
Barre class killer same class as yesterday; I can barely move!
Supper cucumber, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese, spinach/hm dressing, flax crisps/soy
Good night all, sleep well, and I will eat some pecans for anyone who wants 'em!
PS the last of the almond butter went yesterday.....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Missing in action again. I can’t remember hen I last posted but I will do yesterday and today. Yesterday and today usual slice HiLo toast, butter, tea x lots.
Lunch yesterday large mug of broccoli & leek soup and two chunks of different cheeses. Supper was chicken, chorizo & tomato with paprika jumble with cauli rice. Still had ridiculously high FBG today but did have weird dreams.
Today we are taking a day off chores and going to the coast for a long walk.
Tonight is Fishfinger Firsday which I love and some green veg on the side.

@Annb sorry to read about the tooth problems, sounds horrible, so hope you can start to feel better soon. @zauberflote Happy Thanksgiving.
Best wishes to All.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
How does he squeeze out the water? This sounds very good!
I would mash the cooked cauliflower then place on a clean teatowel and squeeze. He may have used a different method.

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@nutribolt I checked the uttapam recipe, and you won't catch me grating beans ! I value my fingers too much for that.

LOL - I agree which is why I skipped that optional stuff.. it did turn out quite tasty just with chopped onion and chillies. Carrot again is not recommended in Keto so i wasn't very inclined to use it anyway. :D

Reactions: zauberflote

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - about 8.30 - more prunes, more water.

Lunch will be Brussels sprouts with bacon (for the fibre content).

Dinner will be some beef, after all. I still have the braised beef shin that I made a few days ago. I'll see if the texture of the shin is better than the steak.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Thanksgiving day @zauberflote and congrats on the almond butter - must be a couple of weeks? Some sort of record I’m sure. I ate all mine the minute we called a halt!
Toady has been OMAD in an attempt to bring errant BGs back into line. IP beef curry from Urvashi Pitre’s book The Keto Instant Pot Cookbook. Very good as all her recipes are. No cauli rice or anything with it but a handful of walnuts afterwards.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes, happy Thanksgiving @zauberflote. Seems like your compatriots stopped all flying and moving about today. Higher bg for me today,everything else good. B= TWAM (sweetener + inulin) 2.5Ls; Dockey: CWC +caramel syrup - Fatt Bar butter cookie (1.2 fall): Lunch: SLC roll with gammon and French mustard. Not exactly substantial + a discernible taste of erithrytol afterwards (can you have a nocebo effect with ingredients?) but they could have a role if I can find a workaround for that. (0.1 rise.) EM: Lamb shoulder, roast veggies (tomato and mushroom), roasted head of broccoli, roasted garlic bulb, normies gravy, glass of red. Functional. May (almost certainly will) be a further sample of the Armagnac with football later (for scientific reasons):angelic:

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with lc toast
Lunch Aldi nut and chocolate bar as out caring
Dinner hm bolognese with lc garlic bread and glass of red wine followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
@Sugarlisa Welcome to this thread - I have the same bg rise from pasta regardless of if it was wholemeal or white I’ve had to give all pasta up but low carb garlic bread is fine for my bgs (one small slice!) - maybe look at that for yourself and ditch the pasta instead? Did you check your bgs to see how the wholewheat pasta impacted?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and birthday cake carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and coconut bites.
Dinner: tuna melts with roasted Mediterranean veggies followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast - about 8.30 - more prunes, more water.

Lunch will be Brussels sprouts with bacon (for the fibre content).

Dinner will be some beef, after all. I still have the braised beef shin that I made a few days ago. I'll see if the texture of the shin is better than the steak.

The shin beef was actually very good. I wondered about it because I always loved the meat pies my grandmother and mother made - and that was always made with shin beef. It was actually very good, so maybe beef is not a no no after all.

Sugarlisa

Breakfast one slice of bacon and egg with lc toast
Lunch Aldi nut and chocolate bar as out caring
Dinner hm bolognese with lc garlic bread and glass of red wine followed by DGF choc brownie and cream.
@Sugarlisa Welcome to this thread - I have the same bg rise from pasta regardless of if it was wholemeal or white I’ve had to give all pasta up but low carb garlic bread is fine for my bgs (one small slice!) - maybe look at that for yourself and ditch the pasta instead? Did you check your bgs to see how the wholewheat pasta impacted?

I’m DT2 and take metformin 500mg twice a day so I’m not doing readings so I’m watching my carb

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Pasta bake made wholemeal pasta with mushrooms and peppers throw in for the with garlic bread for the family and I had a side salad with my portion x
Welcome to the thread!
Do you use a glucose meter to see how different meals affect you? For many diabetics pasta is notorious to raise our blood glucose.
That said, your meal sounds delicious!

(edit: apologies, I only read the reactions after I posted, it wasn't my intention to repeat other peoples reactions!)

Burger fried with an onion and mushrooms, and oven baked tomatoes with cheese :hungry:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m DT2 and take metformin 500mg twice a day so I’m not doing readings so I’m watching my carb
I’m type 2 as well but have found that testing my bgs has really helped me to work out what suits me. I had hbaca1 at 97 on diagnosis and was put on metformin like you and took it initially. However, By eating low carb and checking my reactions to food I’ve now got hbaca1 of 32 - now no metformin just diet. Pasta of any variety is very high carb and many of us can’t include it but often you need to see the impact to appreciate this! It’s a bit of a learning curve working it all out and won’t happen overnight but you’ll get there you don’t technically need to test but it’s a brilliant tool to help you I’d recommend it.