What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee
Late morning: black coffee and raspberry phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a few pecans.
Dinner: rolled lamb breast roasted with rosemary and garlic with one tiny roast potato and mixed veggies with gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@maglil55 What % is the godiva - and probably a stupid question but where is it in Tescos/Morisons I have looked a few times beside the lindtt but they never seem to have it - am I looking in the wrong place?
I've never found it any supermarkets near me (South east) and us isn't offered by Asda online. Have asked Santa for some

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Godiva 90%. Morrisons tend to have the lower content. Tescos sometimes have it so it is stock up when you can. ASDA is the most reliable for the 90%. It's on offer at the moment.

https://groceries.asda.com/product/...iva-90-cocoa-dark-chocolate-bar/1000112906970

They do just have it with the chocolate bars. You can get it on Amazon but it's more than 3 x the supermarket price.
It definitely doesn't come on on my Asda online, even by product code. :banghead::arghh:
Asda obviously don't want me to have it. Let's hope Santa is successful

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: chia seeds in coconut milk left overnight with a few frozen berries. Had tried this months ago and didn't like it, but did this time. Think the cocnut milk was better. It has swollen enough to give at least three portions.
Lovely walk with a friend but oh so muddy in parts
L: portobello mushrooms with a little Stilton on top and crispy bacon
Mid afternoon, made some lc nut caramels clusters for the first time. Too good so ate all the broken ones, and some more
D: beef casserole with carrots and celeriac in. Also threw in the last of the coconut milk and the ginger from last nights Thai curry. Made a nice rich sauce, not overpowering. Dessert was the last 2 nut clusters. I had thought I'd make them last all week....too dangerous.
Feeling very full now

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I've never found it any supermarkets near me (South east) and us isn't offered by Asda online. Have asked Santa for some
Do you have Ocado? We don't but it might be worth a try. Their website is overwhelmed by Christmas stuff but they do have an 85% dark online. It's incredibly smooth for a dark chocolate.

https://www.godivachocolates.co.uk/dark-chocolate

Reactions: Mrs T 123

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you have Ocado? We don't but it might be worth a try. Their website is overwhelmed by Christmas stuff but they do have an 85% dark online. It's incredibly smooth for a dark chocolate.

https://www.godivachocolates.co.uk/dark-chocolate
I was at Tesco's earlier and they only had the 72% so never bothered as that was what I got the last time - it was lovely and did make a lovely hot chocolate (someone on here had suggested it) but thought I better not take on or get addicted to any more bad habits and stick with at least 85%. Also checked it out at my local Morisons they don't have it either and I have never seen it there. Unfortunately not near a Asda so I will just have to stick with Lindtt which is nice enough ... I could may be do an online order with Asda at some point - thanks for the idea

Reactions: ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

Today's meals ...

Breakfast: A double decaffeinated espresso with cream and erythritol. 10g of 88% chocolate.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with steak tartare and mayonnaise. Some baba ghanoush. (Blood sugars in the mid to upper 6s after this -- don't quite understand why -- as this wasn't really out of the ordinary).

Dinner: Beef steak and lamb tenderloin cooked in beef broth and red wine with carrots, spring onion and celery. Celeriac mash with butter, potato fiber and cream. Sauerkraut with creme fraiche and caraway seeds. Red wine (probably too much of it).

notepadplusplus

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
L: Sausages and fried eggs

D: Pork chops and green beans

I have quite a bit of lard leftover from when I made keto Yorkshire pudding, so I thought I'd make use of it. Normally, I'd use olive oil to fry my chops but today I decided to add in a good knob of lard instead - wow, they came out tasting so much better!

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Breakfast, CWC, nut granola, several spoonfuls of peanut butter, (the jar needed emptying)
More coffee but with milk, and three biscuits orange choc chip ones.
Lunch, oone slice of toast woth butter and ham, cup of tea.
Dinner MrSlim made what he called a vegetable stew. I did pick out most of the potatoes, but it was probably still a bit high in carbs.
Watched a rubbish film and then the F1 race which was very exciting. Son1 and MSlim chatting away on whatsApp afterwards.
Still planning out the cooking facilities for new motorhome have had to rule out anything electrical as impractical.

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Is anyone able to recommend a good protein powder for type 1 to make protein shakes with?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for the inexplicable lunchtime rise @ziggy_w that sort of thing happens to me quite often frustratingly. Hope it came down again quickly.
@notepadplusplus I think lard is vastly underrated - and a lot cheaper than olive oil.
@Choosehappy sorry I’ve never bought protein powered so can’t advise.
Today I decided to ring the changes and had breakfast of coconut porridge a la @Rachox with 5 raspberries and cream. Mistake sadly as bg went up to 6.8 after 2 hr. shame as it’s lovely and kept me full for hours.
Lunch/dinner was the other airfried duck breast with a bit of crunchy salad and coleslaw. Afterwards 2 Montezumas 100% peanut butter mini eggs

Choosehappy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Hypos!
Hugs for the inexplicable lunchtime rise @ziggy_w that sort of thing happens to me quite often frustratingly. Hope it came down again quickly.
@notepadplusplus I think lard is vastly underrated - and a lot cheaper than olive oil.
@Choosehappy sorry I’ve never bought protein powered so can’t advise.
Today I decided to ring the changes and had breakfast of coconut porridge a la @Rachox with 5 raspberries and cream. Mistake sadly as bg went up to 6.8 after 2 hr. shame as it’s lovely and kept me full for hours.
Lunch/dinner was the other airfried duck breast with a bit of crunchy salad and coleslaw. Afterwards 2 Montezumas 100% peanut butter mini eggs
Hi @DJC3

how did you make the coconut porridge, with coconut milk? Interested to know as does sound good

Reactions: DJC3 and Sugarlisa

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Started day with early swim while OH took Cooper for walk.
Breakfast one each of bacon,egg and lc toast
Lunch one slice of lc toast with cheese followed by one LC HM truffle
Dinner ginger and chilli chicken with salads and salsa followed by DGF salted caramel brownie with cream.
Think will be chilly tomorrow first thing but planning a swim regardless as it’s so good for my stress levels.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hiya all - as you can see on avatar Cooper is now with is and tree up - very cosy. Mind when got back earlier from a 2 and a half hour walk in the mud we didn’t feel cosy so much mud and ,of course, I slipped in it too so literally had mud everywhere! Washing machine had to go on twice and showers all round much to coopers disgust! He’s very tolerant but shower and shampoo not on his wish List!
Morning one each of slice bacon,egg and LC toast
Lunch whilst walking an Aldi choc and nut bar
Dinner HM chicken curry with gin and soda water followed by DGF peanut butter brownie with cream.
Aww he is so cute and like a soft cuddly toy - he is sitting there like the king of the castle - I bet he is spoilt rotten

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5am - 2 slices slc bread sandwiches on leftover back bacon and a mug of earl grey tea to get me going for the day

1pm - snack of mussels, cheese & nuts

5pm - prawn cocktail & sweet chilli salmon salad. Small bar of aldi 85% moser roth with another mug of earl grey

JFWinstone

Breakfast - omelette with pepperoni and lactofree cheese
Lunch - didn't really have time to stop so some lactofree cheese and salami
Dinner - Lamb chops with roasted Mediterranean vegetables and 2 squares 90% lindt dark chocolate

Plus a lot of herbal tea/water, the thirst has really kicked into overdrive. I'm hoping that'll calm down.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I decided to ring the changes and had breakfast of coconut porridge a la @Rachox with 5 raspberries and cream. Mistake sadly as bg went up to 6.8 after 2 hr. shame as it’s lovely and kept me full for hours
What a shame, but just reinforces the notion that we’re all different. Most days I get a rise of maximum of 0.5 at 2 hours, other mornings I see a slight drop.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7 months in this house today and still mostly packed in moving boxes and I don’t need to wake @5ish but far better than not waking up or being homeless. Already bored with winter . B= Assam TWAMIS: Dockey: CWCSFCS and 3 advent pralines; Lunch: 2 sticks Fen celery:woot:, 2 or 3 slices of unbelievably cheap cooked beef from W…., 2 slices TLCC toast and butter. Tea; EM : IP Lamb shank casserole, celeriac, swede and cheese bake, vits. Inch by inch (rousing speech Mr Pacino) I’m rediscovering some acceptance of cooked LC food. That stayed hot and about as filling as my normal salad. Swipey, scales and fitbit data may alter my attitude. The outcomes need to offset my doubts over WOE. @MrsA2 Ocado have Godiva - Waitrose don't. Godiva 90% appears to be 22% carbs but Waitrose 1 90% is 14.5 and I can eat that.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Plus a lot of herbal tea/water, the thirst has really kicked into overdrive. I'm hoping that'll calm down.
Are your blood sugars still high? Can you contact your HCP? From a previous post I understand you are on NPH insulin only, following pancreatitis, is that still right?