What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

LindaManville

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Jogging
I can't seem to get down. My fasting is 14.2 in the morning
16 to 22 2 hrs after meals. I'm on metformin and Victoria injection

Reactions: DJC3

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.1 - This is getting real ugly. Yesterday I fasted for 22 hours. I skipped my early Metformin, wanted to see if any changes. Yesterday was 7.2, today is later so dunno. What I DO know I’m not impressed with 8.1 - seeesh.

Last edited:

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 at 6 AM and 5.4 just now. I broke my fast at 72 hours mark last night not because of anything sinister but plain old temptation. You see my daughter wanted to get some ingredient for the breakfast she is planning for her mum today (mother's day in the UK) and so we went to M&S and looking at "not just food but the M&S food" :D triggered the temptation so when we were back home in order to avoid eating anything silly I broke my fast with lot of cheese(100gms), some broccoli and swede chips.

@Estragon 8.1 after a 22 hour fast is high but two questions. How was it to fast...were you feeling hungry all the time? Second, how much water or fluids did you consume in those 22 hours?

Have a great day everyone and a very happy mother's day to all mums here. :)

Last edited:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A whopping 9.7 this morning I keep waking up at 4am ish and not sure if this is impacting on my numbers or not .

Daphne917

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

4.9 today. Have been goofing off a bit yesterday, way too much too eat and also skipped the exercise. Can usually get away with this for one day, but not two. So, better apply some discipline today.

@HeliGary -- I'm in awe of your achievements. Well done.
@Pipp -- Glad you got a good night's sleep in last night. Great fasting levels.
@Daphne917 -- Great to see you posting on this thread. Brilliant fbgs btw.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Thanks @ziggy_w I tend to be intermittent with my postings but catch up occasionally.

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8, new needle!

C'est la guerre.....

edit for stats update:
Weight: 73.5 kg, no change, this is good as doing a bit breakfast, see other thread
BP: 115 / 66, no change, this is good as I was wondering... some light headed moments.

Weight every two weeks, BP every four weeks.

Last edited:

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
@Estragon 8.1 after a 22 hour fast is high but two questions. How was it to fast...were you feeling hungry all the time? Second, how much water or fluids did you consume in those 22 hours?

Hi, what do you mean “How was it to fast...” after I pushed through normal allotted BF, I just cracked on. No, I didn’t fell hungry all the time. I consumed as much as I was aware I wanted/needed. I didn’t push water? I was peeing.

Reactions: HeliGary and Ryhia