What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.5 today

shopping today instead of yesterday because the Volvo was in the garage getting it's drive coupling fixed. Nice to have it back ;)
Tomorrow we have to take Mum to collect her monthly prescriptions. what a giddy life we lead :D

Still no sign of BT filling in the hole but I expect they will leave it until they are sure the issue is sorted, don't suppose it was popular having half the village without phone or internet ;)
But it's no wonder they had trouble finding the fault if it was under this lot :sorry:
View attachment 48338

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting transformation, I liked the 'winter' very misty and effective but I also like the way you have changed it and blushed the mist of green over the tree on the right and moved the focus :)

@gennepher - certainly not a wasted effort on your art today even if it changed in midstream, I do like the result, it's quite allegorical with it's clock and lightning strike and the colours are lovely :joyful:

@dunelm - two fine and quite different works today, I like the effect the resist has produced in the first and I love the trees in the centre of the second, two strong landscapes :)

art bit - I've bought some better coloured pencils to try out (better than the £1.50 set I had anyway ;) ) so I shall try having a go with them some at some point.

Today's was inspired by a work by an artist called Bo Fransson

View attachment 48339
Thank you @geefull for the art compliments.
Well it’s all go and good news that the Volvo is back in play, don’t reverse it into that hole.
A warm and calming piece from you, delicately done, fab. Don’t show it to Mrs May - she will want to run through it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

My digital painting for today.
I found something I had begun in ZenBrush. A few black lines on a blue background. So I took it into Procreate. Re created it. Came up with this. Learnt a bit of stuff about Procreate again.

Have a good day.

View attachment 48340
More stuff learned - great. Tall , tree topped cliffs, constellations, subtle light changes and reflections in the water - fab.

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Influencers on Social Media
Kardashians and lookalike, actalike groupies
Reality TV shows
Good afternoon. Beautiful day : 27°C and lots of blue skies and sun.

FBG after my duck dinner, very late night (2am working) had led to a higher than normal 6.9 but still less than the whopper yesterday. I had got into a routine during isolation but the rough and tumble of business has gotten in the way, that's for sure. I'm learning very quickly T2DM self management is only partially about food intake ...it's the whole shebang that counts and makes a positive difference...

Breakfast was miso soup, greens, poached fish, berries and coffee; 2 hours later 5.8 returned...

I'm pleased to report the deal is done; everyone is happy. Dinner celebration tonight, Taipei tour and coast tomorrow, work Sunday; further afield Monday on day off; departure seems to be as planned. Phew!

330pm conference call in 25 mins and then early dinner at an extortionate joint...

Have a brill Friday all

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good Morning and 6 for me today. Meal last night was Baked Salmon with Capers, Pepper, Mange-tout, green bean and garlic stir fry, Greek Yogurt after. Before last nights meal BG 4.7 after 5.2 what went on in the night?

Damp but bright here and a day with nothing planned although I have some Handel Music to record and another strange Glee 'My Dear Mistress had a Heart' by Reginald Spofforth, composers name about sums up the music.

Keep safe and face the day with a good spirit.
Just listening to Lascia ch'io pianga; one of my faves sung by Bartoli...

Enjoy!

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
good evening all :)

4.5 today

shopping today instead of yesterday because the Volvo was in the garage getting it's drive coupling fixed. Nice to have it back ;)
Tomorrow we have to take Mum to collect her monthly prescriptions. what a giddy life we lead :D

Still no sign of BT filling in the hole but I expect they will leave it until they are sure the issue is sorted, don't suppose it was popular having half the village without phone or internet ;)
But it's no wonder they had trouble finding the fault if it was under this lot :sorry:
View attachment 48338

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@Muddy Cyclist - interesting transformation, I liked the 'winter' very misty and effective but I also like the way you have changed it and blushed the mist of green over the tree on the right and moved the focus :)

@gennepher - certainly not a wasted effort on your art today even if it changed in midstream, I do like the result, it's quite allegorical with it's clock and lightning strike and the colours are lovely :joyful:

@dunelm - two fine and quite different works today, I like the effect the resist has produced in the first and I love the trees in the centre of the second, two strong landscapes :)

art bit - I've bought some better coloured pencils to try out (better than the £1.50 set I had anyway ;) ) so I shall try having a go with them some at some point.

Today's was inspired by a work by an artist called Bo Fransson

View attachment 48339
Fab painting...August in the shires springs to mind...

Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bright and frisky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a nice bavette steak with a sort of celeriac mash up with greens and caramalised onions came in at a fine 5.1 this am. Had a couple of 3’s during the night - at midnight and at 3am - a rollercoaster time in the liver department.

We have the pleasure of hearing a site emergency alarm test from the Wilton site just up the road every Tuesday at 10am, shortly followed by an all clear. They have now decided that this alarm is out dated (veiled speech for why should we continue to look after it). So now, from April, each site resident company will be responsible for it’s own individual plant alarm - same day, same time - there’s progress for you - it will be like a cuckoo clock expo - can’t wait.

Art today - ink on rice paper - I probably should have stopped quite a bit earlier than I did. Oh well, it’s Friday and I hope that everyone has a good one. Koffy time.

upload_2021-3-26_7-14-51.jpeg

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
That would be a long flight and really confuse the sleep cycle.
I remember being on my own for work in California and I had a break on the peninsular near Inverness at Point Raise. It really impacted me that my family were a continent and ocean away whichever way I travelled.
D.

Yes - you're right. West Coast USA is about as remote as it gets - 5500 miles from home and about the same to the heart of Asia. I find the same feelings as you when I head to San Francisco...beautiful city, but for us In Europe rather distant...

Still holding the tickets to SFO just in case, 4 days in the Bay area planned as a contingency - potentially negating a trip out in 6-8 weeks and then 11 hours home. That'd mean 4 weeks+ since I left the UK...
Hopeful given all the positive stuff today, plan B is not required

Hope all well!

Last edited:

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows
Good morning everyone from a bright and frisky start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of a nice bavette steak with a sort of celeriac mash up with greens and caramalised onions came in at a fine 5.1 this am. Had a couple of 3’s during the night - at midnight and at 3am - a rollercoaster time in the liver department.

We have the pleasure of hearing a site emergency alarm test from the Wilton site just up the road every Tuesday at 10am, shortly followed by an all clear. They have now decided that this alarm is out dated (veiled speech for why should we continue to look after it). So now, from April, each site resident company will be responsible for it’s own individual plant alarm - same day, same time - there’s progress for you - it will be like a cuckoo clock expo - can’t wait.

Art today - ink on rice paper - I probably should have stopped quite a bit earlier than I did. Oh well, it’s Friday and I hope that everyone has a good one. Koffy time.

View attachment 48341
Cuckoo Clock Expo!!!! There's a business idea right there.. ;)

BRSBRI

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Custard (just as well)
Port and stilton
Reality TV shows

View attachment 48341

I love this. Still reminds me of Japan where I spent a happy 3 months many moons ago...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.2 this morning. Got the email last night to say I have got on the course I want and this morning have booked a slot at Sheringham Park for Tuesday. it will be lovely to be walking in the countryside again.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hold the shorts and double the layers here along with a nasty wind. A day to commemorate Harriet Monsell 5,2 on Swipey - when you try your best but don't succeed ... @BRSBRI very true about food only being part of the story. You can have Joe Root, Jimmy Anderson and Stuart Broad but in India the conditions eventually beat ya. All you can do is play your best game and hold your hands up if the oppo thrash ya. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. SSAS today and collect 2 little superstars from nursery. Good to hear the volvo is now well again and phone working @geefull. Very much my kinda art as well Ma'am. Toodle Pip.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
So. clocks change over the weekend:woot: Time to bow to the inevitable. I can use low carb so Swipey performs in range, although that device is known to be unreliable. With one exception I can’t make it enjoyable or satiating so I’ll give up on that. It is an open question for me if it is nutritious. The stumbling block in my case is that meat and poultry stripped of normal gravy and sauces are bland and unappetising. The LC swaps are horrible for me. I also don’t like any but a hint of heat from spice - pepper is a no , no. I can cope with cheese, best in sandwiches and salads but I can snack - 30 gms?. I ate eggs aplenty when we had chickens - barely touch them now. The next 7 months will be quite easy, light mornings and nights, shorts and sandals, salad. I may figure some things out by October 31. I hope to be more upbeat in my posts until then. Looking forward to the first no base layer, thermal top, trousers and socks - especially socks, day.:woot:

Eggs are one of few foods I can use to keep my blood glucose steady, Ian.

They are a complete food, I particular like them scrambled with cheese and loads of butter.

It is very difficult eating enough, avoiding hypos eating due reactive glycemia and at the same time less than a gram of sodium per day.
D.

Ps I think the hypos are causing migraines.

Reactions: BRSBRI and dunelm

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Mr K is shopping in Aldi. Phoned him to ask him to get some cashew nuts as I had read earlier on another thread that they don't spike BS because of the resistant starch they contain.

Haven't had cashews since 2017. I do hope they don't spike as I used to love cashews.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

They are a complete food, I particular like them scrambled with cheese and loads of butter.

It is very difficult eating enough, avoiding hypos eating due reactive glycemia and at the same time less than a gram of sodium per day.
D.

Hug for migraines, Eggs still warm from your own chickens, poached and eaten with home grown asparagus- both cooked within 10 mins of picking are a wholly different meal to anything you buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: BRSBRI

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

D.

It may well be that hypos are causing migraines. Do you get a trigger craving before the migraine starts? If so, about 15g of fast absorbing carbs may do the trick - jelly babies, dextrose - that sort of stuff. Alternatively, if you get a migraine or feel one coming on, check your blood sugars to see if they are low and do the 15g carbs - wait 15 min, test bloods, maybe repeat. (My eldest son gets migraines and uses a blood sugar monitor although he does not have diabetes).