What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

manhattan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@manhattan, Forum members are divided between those who re-use lancets and those who like a fresh one each time. Personally I am far too lazy and thrifty and ecological to change them at all often. When I began testing I ordered a big pack of lancets and I think at my current rate they'll more than see me out! Of course, if you wanted to share with someone else, a fresh lancet each time would be mandatory.

At the moment I’m using the same lancet a few times..once it starts to stop drawing blood I’ll use a new one lol… just a shame type 2 diabetics can’t obtain test strips and lancets on prescription

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just a shame type 2 diabetics can’t obtain test strips and lancets on prescription
@manhattan, Agreed! At one time all T2s were given free testing kits and strips whether they wanted them or not. A diabetic friend of mine didn't see the point of testing and used to throw away lots of his strips. More recently, under my influence, he has started ordering and using strips again, but now of course he has to pay for them. How he regrets those wasted strips! If only the NHS would give free testing supplies to those who can show they would make good use of them.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Back on topic.?

4.3. & not so much as a squeak from my liver. Dropped further & need help from 10gs.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Use a libre occasionally, and miracle of miracles, it exactly the same as Tee2 was 15 minutes earlier, and has been 2 days in a row.
5.2 this morning :)

Reactions: karen8967

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre on phone 7.2
Reader 6.7
Contour meter 6.6
Covid test yesterday & today both negative so back to work today
No gym this morning but will try & get on the peleton later
Enjoy your day everyone

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.8 today, 6am, iffy night's sleep. I swear if I ever get a full night of decent sleep my numbers will be heading towards the negative ...

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Attachments

• 2A06E174-A8C8-42F1-8C3D-A675EAA6EBFF.png
    2A06E174-A8C8-42F1-8C3D-A675EAA6EBFF.png
    294.3 KB · Views: 45

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
9.3 at 6AM. It was my indulgence yesterday with an extremely carby food ( read rice, potatoes and pies) and I am happily surprised it has not gone into double digits.Hopefully it will be back in good range with fasting today and possibly tomorrow if body allows. We shall see.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Just ordered more test strips and lancets .. meter was a freebie from Contour. They included 12 test strips and some lancets.. but new order of 50 test strips and 200 lancets should last a wee while
50 Strips lasts me a week 200 lancets will last an awful long time.

Reactions: manhattan

nutribolt

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
the "big picture" outlook;
That good sir has been learned behaviour over time. We do need have some flexibility to keep life interesting otherwise I can quite easily trap myself into the number game and stop all the things that once brought joy. Now instead of one long fun ride i take breaks to have fun diets now and then and treat the in between times as prep for the next big event... keeps me motivated enough to stay on the straight and narrow. :)