What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Canvaspic

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@OrsonKartt , my sympathies for the loss of your son. Your account of his life is very moving, thanks for sharing.
@Chronicle_Cat sorry also for the loss of your son. I cant imagine what thats like.
@Prem51 sorry for the loss of your brothers.
I know from dealing with family issues, speaking to relatives and neighbors that resources are sorely lacking. I think stigma plays a large part in that. Its important to talk.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
7am blood are 5.3 how are you all this morning
Welcome @Jodie Louise and a very good level to start with. @Emma_369 seems like there is an upside to this condition with regards to presents. Happy birthday. Plenty of tragedy in member's lives unfolding over the past day and no bromides from an anonymous plonker will help but nor will passing by with head down pleading concern but respect. Hugs and love to @OrsonKartt @Chronicle_Cat and @Prem51.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.2 this morning.

Yesterday was the first day since March that my readings stayed in the 6's throughout the day. My legal/work issues are fast approaching the climax so I'm calling 'stress' as nothing else has changed. Being a T2-Aspie is not a good mix.

Enjoy the day ;)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.2 this morning.

Yesterday was the first day since March that my readings stayed in the 6's throughout the day. My legal/work issues are fast approaching the climax so I'm calling 'stress' as nothing else has changed. Being a T2-Aspie is not a good mix.

Enjoy the day ;)
Take care - as you say anxiety can put your bgs up a lot so anxiety management needs to be on your days plans today.

ding79

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7 at 6:30, then hit the motorway planning for another earlyish morning reading after no breakfast and anticipated driving stress but left my meter at home so now i will never know what impact that would have had. Cup of green tea and a protein bar before i start presenting. Nice sunny day here after the storm.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who forgot that today is Wednesday.

A gentle 6.3 for me this morning.

Have a good day, don't forget to put your bins out, just to confuse your neighbours.
Today I shall get several telling orfs, they will be well deserved, but I'm not admitting that hehehehe

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today. Up a little as a result of a girly night out at the local tapas bar which included 2 glasses of prosecco and a red wine (of the large variety!).

I have a dilemma. The lady I was dining with is my best and longest friend. Her daughter is getting married in the beautiful lake district in January. My first wedding in the lakes. Exciting. So last night she told me that the hen party is going to include an afternoon tea. My dilemma is do I go for it! Not hoovering everything up in front of me obviously. Has anyone had an afternoon tea as a treat and what effect did it have on your BS.

I realise we are all different but I'm just interested at this point.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.