What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I like the sound of your spinakopita Ann. Hope it works, please post a photo and more details if it does.

It worked, but I'll make changes next time. I'll swap the walnuts for pistachios or maybe pine nuts and I think maybe I'll put some grated parmesan on the bottom for a bit of a crust when it is turned out.

What I used this time was: 3 large cabbage leaves to wrap the filling (blanched to soften). The filling was 3 eggs, about 150 g cottage cheese, about 50 g cheddar, grated, 300 g baby spinach wilted first, and a tablespoon of walnut pieces, toasted first. I buttered and lined a heavy iron pan with the cabbage leaves, filled it with all the fillings, covered with dampened greaseproof paper and baked at 180 C for something over half an hour - didn't check. Then I topped it with some cucumber and tomato. Had a quarter of it and was fairly full.

I've fixed my camera and worked out again how to work it, so here's a pic.
S3500023.JPG

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 hug for dental problems; @DJC3 you'll be fine. B=tea; midday=almond milk cocoa; L=cheese on skinny bread toast with tommy k; Eve=avocado and mackerel salad. Another day where food didn't actually matter much. Pre brekkie exercise bike, 2nd cousin called in to wish us luck in our move and nice chat while on dog walk would have offset most LC food days. Hope I'm not wasting the good food days. Not feeling the luv for the start of frez up my ninny days.

When are you due to move, Ian?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It worked, but I'll make changes next time. I'll swap the walnuts for pistachios or maybe pine nuts and I think maybe I'll put some grated parmesan on the bottom for a bit of a crust when it is turned out.

What I used this time was: 3 large cabbage leaves to wrap the filling (blanched to soften). The filling was 3 eggs, about 150 g cottage cheese, about 50 g cheddar, grated, 300 g baby spinach wilted first, and a tablespoon of walnut pieces, toasted first. I buttered and lined a heavy iron pan with the cabbage leaves, filled it with all the fillings, covered with dampened greaseproof paper and baked at 180 C for something over half an hour - didn't check. Then I topped it with some cucumber and tomato. Had a quarter of it and was fairly full.

I've fixed my camera and worked out again how to work it, so here's a pic.View attachment 36481

Looks wonderful @Annb I hadn’t thought of using cabbage leaves like that. I must have a go.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
When are you due to move, Ian?
Probably early in the New Year now unless all can be completed by sometime around 9th to 12th Dec at the latest. Relatives see the sold (STC) sign on their travels and assume we are off soon.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coconut cappuccino.
Lunch at Five Guys with a fellow forum member: cheese and bacon bunless burger with tomato, mushrooms and onions followed by a LC Halloween cake :hungry:
Dinner at local Hungry Horse to welcome my globe trotting daughter home: all day breakfast of bacon, egg, sausage, tomato and mushrooms.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

@shelley262 sorry about the tooth. If you can’t deal with food could you drink some cream with your antibiotics.

@ziggy_w hooe you’re not coming down with something

@DJC3 I’ll be joining you on the reduced food intake - couple of kilos gone on here too. Weekend away then on it!

Weird eating day today. A few of my spooky cakes, lunch at Five Guys with @Rachox - usual bunless bacon cheeseburger with mayonnaise and grilled onions and a piece of cheese and some 85% chocolate tonight.

annabell1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
rude people
not able to do as much as I used to do due to health issues
onions
leek
This morning woke up early but stayed in bed till about 10am had a black coffee as was catching up with my two sisters for lunch to catch up for my birthday which is tomorrow so celebrateed early. We Meet up at 12ish so decided not to worry about eating until I got to the coffee shop. No LC choices available so Lunch had a chicken burger with a cucumber pickle and black coffee was really nice and very filling. after lunch we went for a drive to a park and went for a walk to walk of what we ate haha... it's now 8pm and I'm still full but my BSL is a bit low I'm not hungry but had a small snack. I'm now chilling in front of TV I'm feeling fatigued must of been the walking haha.
I took photos but forgot to post them. Trued to upload them after posting but want let me oh well

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
This morning woke up early but stayed in bed till about 10am had a black coffee as was catching up with my two sisters for lunch to catch up for my birthday which is tomorrow so celebrateed early. We Meet up at 12ish so decided not to worry about eating until I got to the coffee shop. No LC choices available so Lunch had a chicken burger with a cucumber pickle and black coffee was really nice and very filling. after lunch we went for a drive to a park and went for a walk to walk of what we ate haha... it's now 8pm and I'm still full but my BSL is a bit low I'm not hungry but had a small snack. I'm now chilling in front of TV I'm feeling fatigued must of been the walking haha.
I took photos but forgot to post them. Trued to upload them after posting but want let me oh well
Happy birthday for tomorrow - will probably be late in the day by the time I get to post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin

Happy birthday annabell.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Today's food will be the same as yesterday - bone broth and later some more of my odd spinokopita. I don't think it will freeze so I'll have to eat it - probably take at least another day to get through it. Next time, I'll make it smaller as well as a bit different.

Sore arms and shoulders at present - I've been folding the washed bedding that Neil found in the loft. Now I have to get it ironed! I may ask for help - there are two huge baskets of it. Quite a lot of it will go to a charity shop because I have neither need nor space for all of it. I think it must have been my mother's because I have never bought pink sheets or bed covers.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy Birthday @annabell1.
Well my small portion of scheduled dinner of chicken, red pepper in tom sauce got hijacked badly bcause I turned OH’s portion into a pasta bake with grated cheese on top. So though I had my small portion with cauli rice when I was scraping his pasta bake dish there were so many cheesey bits that well somehow found their way into my mouth very fast. Today higher fbg than I am happy with so light day of food.
Breakfast was 1 slice LivLife toast, butter, tea x2.
Lunch: Tinned mackerell and avocado.
Supper: will be 3 egg omelette with probs grated cheese and chopped tomato which is my favourite. The boys are having Indian t/a but I have made my excuses and am out of that.
BREAD ALERT. When I did my weekly shop today came across Hovis Nimble Wholemeal which is 8g carbs per slice so less than Hovis Low Carb which is 10g a slice. Maybe it isnt new to the market but its new to me. Am putting individual slices in freezer for my daily toast on good days.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Couldn't have had a bigger contrast between the start of the day and the middle. Great up and at 'em exercise bike session including 4 flat out sprints to start the day. B=tea then tidying and cleaning (buyers bringing family tomorrow) - up there with decorating and shopping for clothes with Julie as hideous torture. Cocoa at about 12.30. By 3.00 very hungry so had 2 x slices emmental and egg mayo sandwiches (skinny bread) then ate the last h/b egg. Evening salmon fillets, halloumi chips, cherry toms and mushrooms. Nothing wrong with the food but you really can't put lipstick on that housework pig.
ETA: Look away now @Goonergal and others. Today is World Vegan Day and the start of World Vegan month - (naturally I ate eggs and salmon to celebrate - not sure you can be an ovo, pescatarian vegan but worth a try)

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy early birthday celebrations @annabell1 Coffee shops are terrible for low carb choices aren’t they? Sounds like you had a good time with your sisters anyway.
Hope the omelette this evening works it’s magic for your fbg tomorrow @PenguinMum.
@ianpspurs I agree with your housework comments.
Today was OMAD apart from CWC but slightly later than I intended as I was out and about all day ( made the fasting much easier than being in all day)
Pesto and Mozzarella Chicken with Caprese salad from Eat Rich Live Long ( Ivor Cummings) very nice indeed.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy early birthday celebrations @annabell1 Coffee shops are terrible for low carb choices aren’t they? Sounds like you had a good time with your sisters anyway.
Hope the omelette this evening works it’s magic for your fbg tomorrow @PenguinMum.
@ianpspurs I agree with your housework comments.
Today was OMAD apart from CWC but slightly later than I intended as I was out and about all day ( made the fasting much easier than being in all day)
Pesto and Mozzarella Chicken with Caprese salad from Eat Rich Live Long ( Ivor Cummings) very nice indeed.
Thanks so much but who knows. That meal sounds lovely. How is Dennis doing?

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much but who knows. That meal sounds lovely. How is Dennis doing?

It’ll come down nicely once the crispy cheesy pasta effect has worn off Im sure. It’s a constant battle isn’t it?
Dennis went for his first big boy’s groom today as he had a lot of matty bits after wearing his cone for 3 weeks. They had to clip him really close and now he looks very funny, like a completely different dog - I thought they’d given me the wrong one!I’ll post a before and after photo in the morning chat thread.