What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: roast chicken, one small roast potato, mixed veg and gravy made from meat juices thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: raspberry phd bar and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake ;):hungry:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
05-01-2020
Breakfast CWC x2, nut granola... did intend to have more, but stuff happens and suddenly it's lunch time.
Lunch
2 slices of toasted pain kapnor with the avocado intended for breakfast. Another pear, but Comice this time. Was a slightly smaller one so I ate the whole thing.
You will often see me posting that I ate half an Apple or pear, this is because the local climate is perfect for them and they grow huge. Often weighing 200g each fruit.
Dinner
Bargain pork chops. One piece of potato, carrots, cabbage, peas and I made a cream and mustard sauce. Came out a bit runny,
Am thinking of using @Rachox tip of cauliflower purée as a thickener. Making a batch and freezing in ice cube tray for convenient portioning.
Greek yoghurt and mixed berries. Glass of pink plonk. Piece of cheese.
Bedtime tea by 10pm.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A lot of time spent in the kitchen today, managed to make some pide and a Sacher torte.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. Chia pudding (white chia seeds, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, erythritol) with 10 raspberries.

Dinner: Two pides (one with spinach, onion, feta; the other one with ground beef, eggplant, onion and tomato sauce), half a tub of chicken liver pate (60g). A small piece of Sacher torte.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Today Sunday I had

1- breakfast at 7:30 am : one slice of toasted whole wheat sprouted bread with butter and two mushrooms and black coffee

2- lunch 12:30 pm : stake salad for lunch in a restaurant that serves organic food, then half a normal chocolate croissant for dessert with black coffee .

We walked a bit in the open space mall and I tried every male perfume on poor bf to see which one goes with his skin. He smells like a perfume store now .

3- dinner : we will have chill with plant based meat ( bf is vegetarian) and leftover from the low carb sugar free chocolate cake he made yesterday , for dessert .

I had my vitamin D , zinc and Q10 at 4 pm with water and nothing else . According to my GCM, they increased my BG more than my lunch which makes me think I might need to take them one by one tomorrow, and figure out which one is responsible. It’s very odd . Isn’t it ?

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today Sunday I had

1- breakfast at 7:30 am : one slice of toasted whole wheat sprouted bread with butter and two mushrooms and black coffee

2- lunch 12:30 pm : stake salad for lunch in a restaurant that serves organic food, then half a normal chocolate croissant for dessert with black coffee .

We walked a bit in the open space mall and I tried every male perfume on poor bf to see which one goes with his skin. He smells like a perfume store now .

3- dinner : we will have chill with plant based meat ( bf is vegetarian) and leftover from the low carb sugar free chocolate cake he made yesterday , for dessert .

I had my vitamin D , zinc and Q10 at 4 pm with water and nothing else . According to my GCM, they increased my BG more than my lunch which makes me think I might need to take them one by one tomorrow, and figure out which one is responsible. It’s very odd . Isn’t it ?
Strange that the vitamins affected your reading, might one of them have a filler or something in it that raises blood sugar. Oh gosh croissant sounds good. What perfume did your boyfriend settle on, always curious about what scent people choose. Hope you have an enjoyable dinner.

Winnie-the-Pooh

Strange that the vitamins affected your reading, might one of them have a filler or something in it that raises blood sugar. Oh gosh croissant sounds good. What perfume did your boyfriend settle on, always curious about what scent people choose. Hope you have an enjoyable dinner.

Yes I suspect that too . Yes I love a good croissant <3

He liked Giorgio Armani Acqua Di Gio.
I was hoping he like Bleu De Chanel best but he preferred that one. He currently uses Dior Homme ( it was my gift so he has to use it )

Last edited:

Quinn1066

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today 06/01/2020
Breakfast: 45g rolled oats, 150g greek yoghurt

Lunch: 100g kale slaw, 100g sardines in tomato sauce. (didn't use all the sauce, but the three sardine fillets had tomato sauce on them one taken from the can), 2 low GI white corn (no wheat) tortillas, 50g sauerkraut. I have eaten the tortillas before, the effect on me is ok from previous A1C tests, will be more specific in the future when I have a glucose meter.

Dinner: Three egg, three egg white omelette, with 212g mushrooms and 87g green capsicum.

Tummy felt better today, but I know the thrush lozenges I have to take are affecting it still. One more day to go then the upset stomach should try to settle it's self.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
Well my W Teriyaki steak strips I stirfryed with red/yellow peppers strips last night didnt work out and I had horrendous FBG today which is still struggling to come down. Lesson learnt I must not trust “ready to cook” marinated meat, it was just a lazy meal. It was compounded by me having Edamame spaghetti (13g/100g) had about 40g.
As anyone whomis used to reading my posts will know I cant fast so I had a slice LivLife toast, butter, tea this morning. I have just had small plate of lettuce with Stilton shavings and mayo. Tonight it will be a mushroom omelette.

Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I'm finally back to posting! I've been reading all your posts while my 'visitors' have been here on my kindle but I haven't had the opportunity to come up here to the 'puter and post. I hope they don't invite themselves to visit with us like that again. I think it was @maglil55 that suggested eating out and that idea saved my sanity - on the way to our first meal out they were looking at the menu on-line and all planning starters, mains, cocktails, puddings, etc - then, when we got there I explained to the waitress that we all wanted separate bills - strange how none of them wanted starters, expensive drinks and puddings when they realised they would have to pay for it themselves - I should add here that they are all in their late 30s to early 40s and all work so its not like they are kids without an income.

The funeral went as well as expected. Lots of tears and hugging and the flowers were lovely. Everyone behaved themselves - no bickering and no mention of the BIL who lives in the US. The after funeral tea was beautifully done but sadly nothing I could eat - everything was either carbs or meat or both - so I was ready for the carvery meal we had on the way home.

Food over the last few days has been a bit erratic. I've managed to have a chaffle each day for breakfast and sometimes a small amount (about 20g) of cheese for lunch - its the dinners that have been difficult and my BG is back up in the early teens again. I think its been mostly been caused by the stress but some of the food hasn't helped.

I am planning to be get straight back to strict keto again and also to have an alcohol free month starting today. I'm also going to re-start gluten free as that was impossible while the visitors were here.

So, my cunning plan for today, Monday 6th January, 2020 (weird typing that!) is

B: Chaffle with carb free syrup and a rounded teaspoon of almond butter
L: 20g cheese
D: Mega salad (inspired by @ianpspurs ) with different colour salad leaves, fennel, celery, cucumber, spring onions, 3 tiny tomatoes, cucumber, maybe a bit of finely sliced red pepper, another 20g cheese and marinated tofu. All balanced to keep within my carb allowance.

Drinks: Lots of water, 2 big mugs of black decaff coffee (incidentally that nasty buzzing in my hands has stopped completely since I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it) - and I've got a lot of Schweppes Elderflower carb free tonic so I will have some of that this evening.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook welcome back and at least it is all behind you now and it was good the ceremony itself went so well. I think you get to a certain age when you just cant put up with people behaving badly. I certainly have and avoid such people including family wherever possible. One of Mr PM’s cousins ordered champagne at the funeral reception of a beloved aunt, that was a real low point!
Now you have your home to yourselves and a “cunning plan” I am sure your BG will fall into line. Best wishes.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
Thanks @PenguinMum - you are so right. I know my visitors just saw it as a way of having a free mini holiday but it won't happen again, well, not staying here. (How really awful and tasteless for someone to order champagne at a funeral!)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

A lot of time spent in the kitchen today, managed to make some pide and a Sacher torte.

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Half a DD keto roll with butter and bresaola. Chia pudding (white chia seeds, cream, vanilla, cinnamon, erythritol) with 10 raspberries.

Dinner: Two pides (one with spinach, onion, feta; the other one with ground beef, eggplant, onion and tomato sauce), half a tub of chicken liver pate (60g). A small piece of Sacher torte.

Low carb Sachertorte??? I used to love Sachertorte. We queued at the hotel Sacha in Vienna to taste the genuine article a few years ago. Do you have a recipe?

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I was feeling too lazy to even scramble eggs yesterday evening so I just gnawed on the remaining chicken wings instead. That was nothing but chicken all day and, guess what? BG down to 5.3 before bed and 4.6 FBG this morning. Good sign.

I had the scrambled eggs for lunch with some tea and will have bacon this evening - nothing else out of the freezer and all the ready made, and so easily defrosted, things have at least some onion or tomato in them and I want to see what happens tonight with another whole day of just animal products.

The Scenic is in the garage today and they just phoned to say that it was nothing much and it is ready to come home. Neil can't get there tonight - no bus until much later tonight and even that would only get him to about 2 miles from the garage. Weather is building up to be a horrible night so not an evening for being outside. He'll go and get it tomorrow, whatever the weather. He'll still have to walk the 2 miles from the bus to the garage. Sadly that is to be his birthday treat! 53 tomorrow is my baby. I'll offer to pay for a taxi for him, I think. We'll be able to go shopping on Wednesday.

Reactions: maglil55 and Chook

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm finally back to posting! I've been reading all your posts while my 'visitors' have been here on my kindle but I haven't had the opportunity to come up here to the 'puter and post. I hope they don't invite themselves to visit with us like that again. I think it was @maglil55 that suggested eating out and that idea saved my sanity - on the way to our first meal out they were looking at the menu on-line and all planning starters, mains, cocktails, puddings, etc - then, when we got there I explained to the waitress that we all wanted separate bills - strange how none of them wanted starters, expensive drinks and puddings when they realised they would have to pay for it themselves - I should add here that they are all in their late 30s to early 40s and all work so its not like they are kids without an income.

The funeral went as well as expected. Lots of tears and hugging and the flowers were lovely. Everyone behaved themselves - no bickering and no mention of the BIL who lives in the US. The after funeral tea was beautifully done but sadly nothing I could eat - everything was either carbs or meat or both - so I was ready for the carvery meal we had on the way home.

Food over the last few days has been a bit erratic. I've managed to have a chaffle each day for breakfast and sometimes a small amount (about 20g) of cheese for lunch - its the dinners that have been difficult and my BG is back up in the early teens again. I think its been mostly been caused by the stress but some of the food hasn't helped.

I am planning to be get straight back to strict keto again and also to have an alcohol free month starting today. I'm also going to re-start gluten free as that was impossible while the visitors were here.

So, my cunning plan for today, Monday 6th January, 2020 (weird typing that!) is

B: Chaffle with carb free syrup and a rounded teaspoon of almond butter
L: 20g cheese
D: Mega salad (inspired by @ianpspurs ) with different colour salad leaves, fennel, celery, cucumber, spring onions, 3 tiny tomatoes, cucumber, maybe a bit of finely sliced red pepper, another 20g cheese and marinated tofu. All balanced to keep within my carb allowance.

Drinks: Lots of water, 2 big mugs of black decaff coffee (incidentally that nasty buzzing in my hands has stopped completely since I stopped drinking anything with caffeine in it) - and I've got a lot of Schweppes Elderflower carb free tonic so I will have some of that this evening.

Glad to hear that the ordeal is over and you can get back to normal now. Family can be awful, can't they? Luckily the younger generation of our family (amongst whom I count myself and brother) aren't so selfish and do seem to consider the needs of others (even those who are a bit hard up do that) but my parents' generation were just awful. The bickering and infighting were something (not) to behold (if you could avoid it). Hugs for the awful time you must have had but hopes for better times to come.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all.

Welcome back @Chook - sounds like a very stressful time. Glad it’s all over and you can get back to normal.

Two meals today. Having not eaten since lunch yesterday found myself very hungry by 9.30am so had brunch at the cafe near work. 2 fried eggs, 4 rashers bacon and some grated cheese.

Dinner was beef short ribs. Used the slow cook function on the instant pot. Hadn’t set it for long enough so had to do a short pressure cook as well once home. Still getting used to the settings.

Edited to correct typo.

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook welcome back after your difficult and sad times. You would have expected your guests not only to pay for meals out for themselves but also to pay for you guys their hosts. Would have at least shown appreciation after you putting yourself out to host them - hugs and hope you return to normal soon and that lowers your bgs too.
@ziggy_w yum lc sachertort I’m with @DJC3 sounds delicious had last time years ago in Vienna when not aware I was diabetic- but must have been as my hbaca1 of 97 didn’t happen overnight!
@Goonergal pleased you were able to use the IP as a quick pressure cooker to top up the slow cooking function miscalculation
@Annb pleased that carnivore is helping and hope it continues to help.
Busy caring day today but did include a lucky find - when shopping in large tesco for son I came across masses of bargain stuff with only one or two days to go on dates so really cheap including trout fillets, steaks,pork ribs,smoked salmon and finest gluten free meatballs as well as slightly longer date prosciutto, mixed continental sausages, slow roast tomatoes, olives, Parmesan slices and finest gammon joint ( bought three of those a 1.46 each!) so my freezers are now full! I spent about 25 ..... rarely happens to me.
Breakfast one boiled egg and half toasted waffle
All day coffee to keep me going from flasks - one with whole lactofree milk and one with cream
Dinner frittata made with continental meats, mushrooms, Parmesan and slow roast tomatoes with a few beaten egg. Eaten with half a hm lc cheese scone and spoon of coleslaw. Pudding last of current SF jelly and full fat Greek yoghurt.

D

Deleted member 308541

Breakfast yesterday: Usual omelette, bacon, tomato.
Lunch: Lower carb carnivore wraps with meat, cheese, diced up hard boiled egg.
Dinner: Medium rare oyster blade steak, veggies, pan juice gravy.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugars, water.

Mmmmm! Meat my favourite low carb food...
Dwe01us.gif