What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
Strange couple of days with eating to match.
Yesterday my mum was very under the weather and we thought she was probably brewing a UTI so we called GP ii. The Gp at first thought she’d had another stroke, and called an ambulance, but after taking a urine sample agreedcwith us that it was UTI and he cancelled the ambulance and prescribed anribiotics. Within 10 mins of taking the frat dose, my mum had an allergic type reaction to the antibiotic, which the hospital doctors think had interacted badly with another of her meds
Much of yesterday was taken up with things around those events so food took rather a backseat, and my menu consisted of
1 bowl of heba pap porridge, some smoked salmon, 1 Adonis cocoanu bar and a couple of soya milk cappuccinos for a grand total of 552 cals 12g carbs, 21g fibre

As I may well have to go up to mums once shes out of hospital, I had to bring my fasting blood tests forward ( Diabetic review beginning of Jan) so went to bd hungry and a little low ( for a gliclazide user) - 4 6 , woke up several times hungry but not hypo and 4.5 this morning - fine but too low to drive to hospital so had to take the bus only to find Id left the forms at home so had to go back( luckily hospital is v near)
Todays menu so far has been a case of “grab what seems ok” so over the last couple of hours has involved amoked salmon, smoked almons, dark chocolate, blacberries, coconut yogurt and some grilled artichokes - not together and nothing resembling a meal, but at least Im not starving hungry anymore
The most annoying bit is that even having eaten nothing and taken my meds before going for the blood tests, my nice 4.5 had changed into a not so nice 6.6 by the time I had the blood draw done

Oh gosh @Boo1979 what a state of affairs! It sounds like you have the eating-what's-nearest-and-good part down cold. I hope mum improves rapidly, and I'm sorry about those results! Stress? (I know zip about your D, so shouldn't say anything...) hugs! chris

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@Boo1979 glad your mum is improving. Safe journey!!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yesterday was:
B: Linseed muffins with cocoa powder. Tasted nice and chocolaty
L: Goat cheese, beetroot, avocado & mixed seeds salad
D: Mixed veg 5-spice stir fry
S: A cup of cocoa made with almond milk
S2: A cheeky mice pie. Sainsbury's do mini ones with 18g carbs, which I can cope with, as it's Christmas!

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday in Lidl (replenishing the yoghurt lake), they had cheese boards - 5 pieces of cheese, totalling 460g - reduced to 70p, because the sell by date was today.

I appreciate that they have to go strictly by these dates, but cheese doesn't just go off like that!

Needless to say, one is nestling in our fridge, ready for a cheeseathon.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Strange couple of days with eating to match.
Yesterday my mum was very under the weather and we thought she was probably brewing a UTI so we called GP ii. The Gp at first thought she’d had another stroke, and called an ambulance, but after taking a urine sample agreedcwith us that it was UTI and he cancelled the ambulance and prescribed anribiotics. Within 10 mins of taking the frat dose, my mum had an allergic type reaction to the antibiotic, which the hospital doctors think had interacted badly with another of her meds
Much of yesterday was taken up with things around those events so food took rather a backseat, and my menu consisted of
1 bowl of heba pap porridge, some smoked salmon, 1 Adonis cocoanu bar and a couple of soya milk cappuccinos for a grand total of 552 cals 12g carbs, 21g fibre

As I may well have to go up to mums once shes out of hospital, I had to bring my fasting blood tests forward ( Diabetic review beginning of Jan) so went to bd hungry and a little low ( for a gliclazide user) - 4 6 , woke up several times hungry but not hypo and 4.5 this morning - fine but too low to drive to hospital so had to take the bus only to find Id left the forms at home so had to go back( luckily hospital is v near)
Todays menu so far has been a case of “grab what seems ok” so over the last couple of hours has involved amoked salmon, smoked almons, dark chocolate, blacberries, coconut yogurt and some grilled artichokes - not together and nothing resembling a meal, but at least Im not starving hungry anymore
The most annoying bit is that even having eaten nothing and taken my meds before going for the blood tests, my nice 4.5 had changed into a not so nice 6.6 by the time I had the blood draw done
You'd sure don't have your problems to seek. Try to relax and get a bit of me time. Not easy as I well know but try x.

Reactions: zauberflote

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6 FBG 5.9 - cold has got worse although BGs not too bad. Getting the usual morning sicky rise but only to about 8.2 before it turns. Anyway, yesterday

B. 2 97% pork chipolatos, fried egg, GF black pudding and 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Dark raspberry PHD bar - they're rather good.
D. Oomi noodle carbonara. Scoop of halo top and raspberries.

Today - still congested but went with son to Costco as I needed a few things. Managed to pick up a new jacket for No 1 as I reckon his existing one is gone for good now.
Bed 6.3 FBG 5.2
B. 2 scrambled eggs and a bit Mattesons chicken sausage. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Got more of my very green broccoli and spinach soup made in the IP.
Add to that a scoop of Halo Top and raspberries to cool the throat.

No 2 has gone down with a sickness bug so I hope I don't get that too. Hubby is at the football again so I had a nap once I got a moment to myself and I had the weirdest dream. My neighbour's house is up for sale but in my dream the house either side were both up for sale and we were being plagued by people wanting to view our house. My sister's husband was sitting in our back garden and had lost about 1/2 his body weight and our house was being decorated very strangely by Ant & Dec!! It was bizzare. They'd taken the front of the house and put bifolds on. My lounge had a giant stage and the decoration was moving scenery and yet I didn't find this odd?

Last edited:

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox and @Boo1979 what temperature do you cook these at? 125 seems very low
I do around 125 to stop the tops burning as the raw cake batter is more liquidy than traditional bakes, particularly if you add berries etc - its a balance between getting the centre cooked without the top burning

Reactions: DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bed 6 FBG 5.9 - cold has got worse although BGs not too bad. Getting the usual morning sicky rise but only to about 8.2 before it turns. Anyway, yesterday

B. 2 97% pork chipolatos, fried egg, GF black pudding and 3 rashers crispy streaky bacon. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Dark raspberry PHD bar - they're rather good.
D. Oomi noodle carbonara. Scoop of halo top and raspberries.

Today - still congested but went with son to Costco as I needed a few things. Managed to pick up a new jacket for No 1 as I reckon his existing one is gone for good now.
Bed 6.3 FBG 5.2
B. 2 scrambled eggs and a bit Mattesons chicken sausage. Tassimo Americano grande with a dash of cream.
L. Nothing
D. Got more of my very green broccoli and spinach soup made in the IP.
Hope the cold clears before Christmas and you find some time, space and peace to close out this year. God bless.

Last edited:

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do around 125 to stop the tops burning as the raw cake batter is more liquidy than traditional bakes, particularly if you add berries etc - its a balance between getting the centre cooked without the top burning

Ok thanks I’ll give it a try, they’ll be going in a trifle anyway so at least it wont matter if they dont look perfect!

Reactions: zauberflote

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Tea
Dockey : Almond milk Cocoa and 5 Dr Almond Christmas cookies with triple 0 stevia vanilla icing sugar; freeze remarkably well
Lunch : 2 Poached eggs and 2 smashed avocados on Schneiderbrot LC toast
Afternoon: Almond milk Coffee
Evening meal: Mackerel and avocado (2) salad

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg
Lunch veggie soup
Dinner salmon, mushroom sauce and halloumi fries with glass of dry white wine coffee and advent calendar choc scheduled for later!
Got my list done eventually today - and managed to get mum out for a bit of an airing too - but another longish list for tomorrow! I’m running out of freezer space ! May be over preparing for a few days!

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Quick post before Waitrose run to stock up for the next couple of days.

@maglil55 hope your cold soon clears up.

Long day today - arrived at work at 6.30am, left at 4.10pm with no time to eat lunch! Did, however, have a sneaky piece of lemon zucchini cake with extra thick double cream for breakfast. All done now until 3rd Jan - yay!

Dinner was chicken wings with Parmesan, pork crunch and garlic salt coating followed by more lemon zucchini cake with extra thick double cream and today’s Advent calendar choccie.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all.

Quick post before Waitrose run to stock up for the next couple of days.

@maglil55 hope your cold soon clears up.

Long day today - arrived at work at 6.30am, left at 4.10pm with no time to eat lunch! Did, however, have a sneaky piece of lemon zucchini cake with extra thick double cream for breakfast. All done now until 3rd Jan - yay!

Dinner was chicken wings with Parmesan, pork crunch and garlic salt coating followed by more lemon zucchini cake with extra thick double cream and today’s Advent calendar choccie.
Enjoy the break from work - unlikely to be down time in your case but hopefully battery recharging - quite a maladroit phrase but hopefully you get the meaning.

Reactions: maglil55

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken and pistachios with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: peach chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken, lemongrass and coconut stir fry (no noodles, just extra bean sprouts to kid the eye!) followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone.
Breakfast - my usual protein peanut & chocolate bar with tea
Lunch - a subway salad of lettuce, cucumber, onions, tomatoes, gherkins, jalapeños, cheese and 2 scoops of tuna with mayo
Dinner - just walked in and a combination of not being very hungry and really not being bothered to cook at this hour means I’m snacking on some chunks of cheese and will have a mug of cocoa later