What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: zauberflote

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Uh - oh !!!
How could you?
It’s a good price .......
Bit concerned about the damage, it’s to the bottom where the heating element would be housed. So tempting though.....

Quite a number of folks have done that heat thing, resulting in that siort of damage.

I would be bold on it. The seller states the functionality is unaffected, so if it didn't work, eBay would deal with it.

I actually thought if you with your travelling IP, or for that matter your daughter if she makes her own dog food, as quite a lot seem to do.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: gammon cooked in slow cooker in diet orange Fanta (suggested by @porl69 in my thread about my condemned cooker, thanks it was delicious, enjoyed by all of the family :)), one small boiled potato, mixed veg and gravy thickened with flax, followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.
Mid afternoon: 2 x LC lemon shortbread biscuits and black coffee.
Tea at ILs: cold meat, cheese and salad buffet followed by one Jaffa cake.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
My Father in law was diagnosed last year and you are never quite sure what he will be like from one day to the next. During an assessment he said he couldn't remember the English words but could tell her in French?.............
and asked "Do you know who I am?" and got the response "No dear, but if you ask Matron I'm sure she can help".
Maglil, I am sorry about your father! It can be rough, but if I manage to figure out quickly when in her life she is, we can have wonderful fun. That language this I’ve read is common. There’s a lady at Mom’s place who has reverted to her mother tongue of Spanish, and unfortunately none of the carers speaks it,,,,
I hooted out loud at the Matron answer. That sounds JUST like my late MIL!! Mom had a good one this morning as we tried to get out the door to church. I was attempting to get her to use the loo (I’ve always wanted to say that!) by going myself. I said, well I *always* have to go. Without missing a beat, and perfectly straightfaced, she replied, I wonder you don’t carry one around with you! I think I am seeing a little of what her growing up may have been like.
Gotta get off! I am mindlessly eating yogurt here...

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@ziggy_w yeah I’ll get back to you after the first few ballet classes I started at 8 and continued (with 6-7 yr interruption) until past 35, so it’s all there in my muscle memory. In theory! If I can feel it in my brain as I can, I ought to be able to make a stab at it anyway.
Well... I bought the meter after the only suspect reading I ever got on labs, so no comparison yet. But I plan to do exactly what you did - do a stick as soon as the bandaid is applied to my inner elbow! The NFBG they got was wayyyyy lower than it had any right to be with a diabetic HbA1c, so it makes me suspect the lab!!
I make cocoa with soy milk, but haven’t made it in years.. probably would mix 1/2 cup soy (2g) with cream and pass out with delight!
AngiH I also am PreD but this food is worth joining for!!
I hate that on my phone I can’t move to the next page without posting anything I’ve drafted. Sorry! The app makes me do it

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ziggy_w yeah I’ll get back to you after the first few ballet classes I started at 8 and continued (with 6-7 yr interruption) until past 35, so it’s all there in my muscle memory. In theory! If I can feel it in my brain as I can, I ought to be able to make a stab at it anyway.
Well... I bought the meter after the only suspect reading I ever got on labs, so no comparison yet. But I plan to do exactly what you did - do a stick as soon as the bandaid is applied to my inner elbow! The NFBG they got was wayyyyy lower than it had any right to be with a diabetic HbA1c, so it makes me suspect the lab!!
I make cocoa with soy milk, but haven’t made it in years.. probably would mix 1/2 cup soy (2g) with cream and pass out with delight!
I hate that on my phone I can’t move to the next page without posting anything I’ve drafted. Sorry! The app makes me do it
The cocoa plan sounds like a winner. I have made cocoa that way or with almond milk for soya over the last 6-8 weeks or so. Never drank cocoa per se in my life in the previous 63 .5 years. Along with really liking salmon and eating walnuts from time to time my parents would be amazed.

Chook

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who think they know everything.
I must have a go at making LC cocoa - I've got all the ingredients.

Todays menu is

Breakfast: Bulletproof coffee

Lunch: Little chunk of cheese

Dinner: two trout fillets fried in butter with a squeeze of lemon with mini stirfry of broccoli, asparagus, red pepper and courgette (I will have about 160g)

Drinks: Morning: couple of huge mugs of black decaff coffee, Afternoon: Asda apple pie and custard tea, Evening: still water

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree - it was a bit of an addiction for me beans (full sugar) on jacket potato or on wholemeal toast - often with no butter as this is recommended on low fat diets which I was always doing! - so didn’t dare go anywhere near them for about 15 months. I was very very strict in early days including a month of one very low carb meal a day ( about 5g of carb) but now I am at a weight and hbaca1 im happy with I’m working on maintenance but still stick to less than 30g of carb per day and keep my ketones motoring along. Hope your experiment goes well. We are all different nice to see you on this thread and look forward to seeing your menus.
Well it looks like I can have them. Bg was 6.1 before meal and 6.6 2 hours after. So I'm guessing a few now and again are ok...thank you for your advice.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@AngiH good news in those BGs!
Y’all have to stop talking about baked beans!!! Baked beans and all-cornmeal cornbread was my favorite winter meal, and I could never limit myself to 5 beans lol! And black beans in olive oil+quinoa were my lunch for years. All that food has so many good nutrients. Miss my beanssss!!!!
I wonder if “whole(ish, you can grind the corn etc) real foods vegetarians” become T2 faster than meat eaters.

AngiH

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I too used to be a dancer. I started ballet at 6 until 25, also did tap and modern. I worked as a dancer on and off for a few years... I've always wanted to go back to adult classes, maybe this is my time to start. I was stick thin in those days, so I'm sure I can get slim again....

Boo1979

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today has been a day disrupted by my diabetes annual check at the hospital, so
Breakfast - a low carb brownie and a coffee with lactofree cream
Lunch - nothing
Mid afternoon - a celebratory pit stop at my local curry house where a cheeky meat samosa & some rather nice lamb kebabs with a salad and a delightful combo of chill & mint sauces were consumed
Dinner - Im stuffed so probably nothing
The scores on the doors from my review led the consultant to declare that I was probably their healthiest patient. He did look a little perplexed when I told him what I eat and that 1/2 a portion of rice would happily raise my sugars into significant double figures.
Hba1c 43 ( up a tad on last year when they halved my meds ), cholesterol - total 5.6, Hdl 1.8 ratio 3.1 everything else in the normal / ideal range

Last edited:
Reactions: maglil55 and DJC3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Today has been a day disrupted by my diabetes annual check at the hospital, so
Breakfasr - a low carb brownie and a coffee with lactofree cream
Lunch - nothing
Mid afternoon - a celebratory pit stop at my local curry house where a cheeky meat samosa & some rather nice lamb kebabs with a salad and a delightful combo of chill & mint sauces were consumed
Dinner - Im stuffed so probably nothing
The scores on the doors from my review led the consultant to declare that I was probably their healthiest patient. He did look a little perplexed when I told him what I eat and that 1/2 a portion of rice would happily raise my sugars into significant double figures.
Hba1c 43 ( up a tad on last year when they halved my meds ), cholesterol - total 5.6, Hdl 1.8 ratio 3.1 everything else in the normal / ideal range
Congratulations on being so stellar and the celebratory meal sounds rather tasty.

Reactions: zauberflote

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@AngiH go for it!
@Boo1979 congratulations, especially for consternating a doctor!

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Greetings from a very wild, wet and windy Yorkshire!

Breakfast - Hi-lo toast and butter
Lunch - Slimy (ok salami but it is!), olives, cheese stuffed peppers, tomatoes and cucumber. Strawberries and whipped cream with chocolate granola.
Dinner - Bacon, mushrooms and tomatoes. raspberry cafloutis, cream.
Snacks - salt and vinegar peanuts and a Montezuma dark chocolate snowman from the pack I bought in Morrisons today (half price and 4g carbs per little fella')

Big cooking week I have decided as the freezer is bare! Raspberry Clafoutis, Celeriac Dauphinoise and some Mushroom and Tarragon soup made today. Roast chicken tomorrow, I think the weather calls for it!

Happy Monday!

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
I’ve been very coldy today - can’t wait for it to go but most people I meet seem to have it or just got over it! Still OH is ahead of me and seems much better todayso hoping will improve from now on! Rested up today but busy day tomorrow so crossing fingers. It’s not too bad but annoying as usually very healthy!
Breakfast one slice of hi-lo bread toasted with fried egg
Lunch range of cheeses with a few low carb herby biscuits and nuts followed mid pm by a tiny bit of 91% choc eaten for a mindfulness exercise - I had to let it melt in my mouth for as long as possible - strangely did fill me up!
Dinner lamb chop with cauliflower rice and mushrooms followed by lc raspberry mousse.
Hope everyone has a good evening