What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi All
So back to yesterday.
Brekkie was usual slice LC toast, butter, copious tea.
Then coffee out with a friend, a flat white which might not be the best choice but I neither like milky coffee nor black coffee, probs should have had tea lol.
Lunch was egg mayo piled on a Ryvita and tea.
Supper was spiced chicken breast baked with cauli cheese.
Today same brekkie.
Lunch was M&S rollitos, sliced tomato, small spoon coleslaw.
Supper will be chilli beef and cauli rice.
@DJC3 sorry about the leaky hottie but glad it didn’t happen when the water was still hot! Everyone talking about Bolognese mmmhhh.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went on a local walk to see some snowdrops today they always cheer me up with their promise of spring - hence my new snowdrop avatar!I
Breakfast one slice of bacon and one egg after my usual small kefir
Lunch kimchi, four seeded crackers and cheese followed by a few squares of Montezuma 100% chocolate
Dinner cooked hm Bolognese all day in slow cooker. Soaked my low carb pasta for an hour using boiling water. Then removed half of Bolognese for me to cook and spice up for tommorows chilli. Used 40g of pasta ( elbow macaroni from the low carb company) added to remaining half of Bolognese in slow cooker to finish it off. (The LC macaroni is 8.9 g of carbs for 100g so less than 4 for all pasta for two and I have less than half of the whole portion so less than 2 grams carbs. ) served with slivers of parmesan. Pudding a LC crumble with spoon of yoghurt
IMG_20240130_163804.jpg

IMG_20240130_165041 (2024-01-30T17_10_36.000)_kindlephoto-636182611.jpg

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Ham and cheese
Cottage cheese and tomatoes
More cheese and tomato

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went on a local walk to see some snowdrops today they always cheer me up with their promise of spring - hence my new snowdrop avatar!I
Lunch kimchi, four seeded crackers and cheese followed by a few squares of Montezuma 100% chocolate
Dinner cooked hm Bolognese all day in slow cooker. Soaked my low carb pasta for an hour using boiling water. Then removed half of Bolognese for me to cook and spice up for tommorows chilli. Used 40g of pasta ( elbow macaroni from the low carb company) added to remaining half of Bolognese in slow cooker to finish it off. (The LC macaroni is 8.9 g of carbs for 100g so less than 4 for all pasta for two and I have less than half of the whole portion so less than 2 grams carbs. ) served with slivers of parmesan. Pudding a LC crumble with spoon of yoghurt
View attachment 65885
View attachment 65886

Looks scrumptious! I’ve been looking at the best ‘snowdrop walks’ near me today and plan to visit a few over the next couple of weeks.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Couple of black coffees to start the day, goat milk kefir mid morning.
L- cold chicken breast with spinach, red pepper and kimchi. Warm DGF Crimbo Crumble with clotted cream ( heavenly)
D- leftover chicken stroganoff, supposed to be with cauli rice but I’m lazy and just chopped it up a bit rather than ricing it. Sauteed with red onions and some of the outer cauli leaves. Red wine.
IMG_1706644360.563212.jpg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 65885
View attachment 65886
Evening @shelley262. Another lovely avatar. My late Mother was very fond of snowdrops, so I planted drifts of them in her garden. That practically guaranteed a few would be in flower on her birthday in mid-February. Some years it was touch and go though.

These days, thanks to climate change I suppose, snowdrops are sometimes in flower here in time for New Year's Day. In January, we've seen bumblebees visiting the flowers during mild spells. Perhaps Spring is just around the corner.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with a good grinding of black pepper plus a wedge of Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Risotto made with cauliflower rice, tiger prawns, chestnut mushrooms, peas, onion, garlic, fish broth, tomato purée, olive oil, butter, parsley, white wine, toasted cashews and parmesan.
Steamed carrot batons and French beans smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using crab, brown shrimps, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, cucumber, Halkidiki olives and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic, parsley and garlic vinaigrette, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to swallow tablets.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: meatballs in tomato and mascarpone sauce with broccoli and Brussels.

2024-01-30 19.25.08.jpeg

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
View attachment 65885
View attachment 65886
Love the new avatar! and the pasta looks yummy yummy and I have just placed an order with lowcarbfoodco on Sunday so I will order pasta the next time - apparently the order is to take around a week this time which appears to be longer than it took before?

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Tea
Went straight to double dancing but realised I was hungry.
Luckily there was a seed bar in my handbag.
Cwc

L: gouda with 2 slices of toasted hilo bread. Yoghurt with a teaspoon ginger jam
There was third and final slice left of the bread so I didn't refreeze it, saved it for tomorrow

Mid afternoon hm lc hot chocolate with a splash of Baileys.

Been feeling poorly, maybe a migraine?

D: wasn't hungry, but while cooking for hubby managed to eat:
The slice of hilo with butter
Some bacon
A whole pear
Some Green beans
A cc chocolate pot with some clotted cream

Bg not good, obviously too many carbs today. Migraine still lurking. Self control absent today.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Love the new avatar! and the pasta looks yummy yummy and I have just placed an order with lowcarbfoodco on Sunday so I will order pasta the next time - apparently the order is to take around a week this time which appears to be longer than it took before?
My order was estimated to be a week but actually arrived in half the time think it depends if in stock. I really like their rolls too.

Reactions: Mrs T 123 and Annb

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Brunch - 3 cheesey scrambled eggs, washed down with a mug of earl grey tea and half of a fudged up grenade bar

Dinner - 2 small avocados (morrisons savers, not very good so I will give a miss next time), chili salmon roasted in the air fryer with brussel sprouts with lots of butter, broccoli and a little carrot. Kefir with chia and flaxseeds mixed thru, topped with raspberries and blueberries. 2 squares of lindtt 90%

How do yous make cauliflower rice tasty?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
half of a fudged up grenade bar
You've lost me here.
I only know the term fudged up as a thinly disguised expletive, and I'm now wondering what one can do to a grenade bar to fudge it up.
Not sure what a grenade bar is either, but the combination of fudged up and grenades rings strong piraty bells.
@Mrs T 123 , please confess, are you a pirate?

My own food has been a bit haphazard over the past week.
There was stress over the MRI and my yearly endo appointment last week. MRI brought me close to a panic attack but the technicians were very helpful and I managed, endo appointment was absolutely lovely. No signs of inflammation in my back, which is good. Two hernias in my neck, which isn't as good, but the pain I had two months ago has mostly disappeared, even without painkillers for the past 3 weeks so it looks like the problem is resolving itself, no matter what they saw on that MRI. :joyful:
Which leaves me with finding the cause of my lower back pain, GP appointment on that on thursday.

Anyway, I decided that eating proper food needed to go on the back burner with my head full off appointments, as long as I kept the carbs low. There has been a cheesy broccoli soup, a couple of days of low carb bread with a fried egg and marmite, and on sunday a 50th birthday party for my cousin where the carby stuff was of such high quality that I decided it was worth calling it a mess up diabetes day, the bread was absolutely worth it!

Trying to get back to proper meals but not really succeeding yet, today my evening meal consisted of eating nuts until I wasn't hungry enough to cook my planned meal, will try again tomorrow and have chicory and hummus shortly to at least get some veggies.

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You've lost me here.
I only know the term fudged up as a thinly disguised expletive, and I'm now wondering what one can do to a grenade bar to fudge it up.
Not sure what a grenade bar is either, but the combination of fudged up and grenades rings strong piraty bells.

There was stress over the MRI and my yearly endo appointment last week. MRI brought me close to a panic attack but the technicians were very helpful and I managed, endo appointment was absolutely lovely. No signs of inflammation in my back, which is good. Two hernias in my neck, which isn't as good, but the pain I had two months ago has mostly disappeared, even without painkillers for the past 3 weeks so it looks like the problem is resolving itself, no matter what they saw on that MRI. :joyful:
Which leaves me with finding the cause of my lower back pain, GP appointment on that on thursday.

Anyway, I decided that eating proper food needed to go on the back burner with my head full off appointments, as long as I kept the carbs low. There has been a cheesy broccoli soup, a couple of days of low carb bread with a fried egg and marmite, and on sunday a 50th birthday party for my cousin where the carby stuff was of such high quality that I decided it was worth calling it a mess up diabetes day, the bread was absolutely worth it!

Trying to get back to proper meals but not really succeeding yet, today my evening meal consisted of eating nuts until I wasn't hungry enough to cook my planned meal, will try again tomorrow and have chicory and hummus shortly to at least get some veggies.
Hug sent for your health issues but wanted to Also do funny 're the pirate comment! I'm pretty sure - although not had one - that a grenade bar is one of the low carb bars you can purchase in UK. Think they have a large range and most have flavour names e.g. Birthday cake flavour.

MissMuffett

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brekki - coffee with almond milk and double cream. Kefir to take tablets.
Lunch - 3 poached eggs with crumbled wensleydale over them
Dinner - Barnsley lamb chop with a desert spoon of mint sauce. Raspberries and blueberries with sweetener and a dollop of cottage cheese.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You've lost me here.

Sending virtual hugs for your health woes. A pirate? ha ha - no defo not a pirate :jimlad:. Grenade bars are high protein and low sugar bars sold here in the uk, quite a variety actually: fudged up which is a chocolately, fudgy gooey bar - absolute heaven with a hot cuppa. They do other flavours too such as white chocolate salted peanut, dark chocolate mint (a bit like a large after eights bar - yum) and white chocolate cookies are to name just a few of my favourites and which I have a supply of right now... Absolute heaven and cheer me up on a damp, miserable, cold day like today with a hot cuppa or they hit the spot again with a cuppa at work when I need a little pick me up (and no, I am not marketing these - I just luv them) :hungry: and keeping on track with this thread they are low carb

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: 3 egg omelette with some soft cheese in the centre.

2nd meal will be shepherd's pie using swede mash for a topping.

Weather has been really bad today - don't know if this storm has a name. Maybe they've run out of ideas for names, there have been so many this month. Our chimney really needs cleaning, but it really isn't the weather for Neil to be climbing on the roof (it has to be done from the top because we have an enclosed stove at the bottom. Even with this wind, it isn't drawing very well.

I am assuming no ferry and no plane, so no mail. No sign of Alistair today but he was feeling pretty ill yesterday and considering calling in sick. However, he was nervous about that because the posties suffer "sanctions" if they go off sick twice in a year. Sanctions being loss of 3 days pay for the first "offence", 4 days pay for the 2nd and 5 days for the 3rd. Possible dismissal after that. This means that posties go to work when they really should stay at home, so potentially damaging their health and potentially carrying viruses into the workplace.