What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

@DJC3 hope drive to Cornwall went well.

A huge eating day today.

Breakfast - hungry for some reason and with a potentially stressful morning meeting decided to eat to avoid biting someone’s head off. Ate the tuna melt I’d taken for lunch.

Lunch - Coop chorizo and Gouda rollitos, a bag of pork crunch and 3 squares Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs.

Dinner - was supposed to meet a friend at a Turkish restaurant near work. Had arrived and ordered a drink when she texted to say delayed at work, but decided to eat anyway. Cue hilarious attempts to order modified dishes with wait staff with limited English - best was the request for cucumber sticks with tzaziki which produced toothpicks. Along with said toothpicks had a mixed grill and salad - used some of the tzaziki as a dressing. Large dessert once home - small piece of lemon zucchini cake, 3 chocolate almond squares and a CCB with a blob of cream.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all,

@Tori71 -- Hope you had a wonderful anniversary.

It seems that the fasting and the extra exercise helped a bit. First test in the morning showed 5.4, but 20 minutes later it was 4.8. So, I assume the first was a rogue reading.

Today

Breakfast: Two double decaffeinated espressos with cream and erythritol.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: About 20g of 85% chocolate throughout the day.

Dinner: A DD keto roll, half with tartar and mayonnaise, the other half with mayonnaise, gouda cheese and half an avocado. Cauli-coconut rice with calamari. Lamb's lettuce with Caesar's dressing and parmesan. Feel really stuffed now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Far too pleased with myself this afternoon for just sawing logs from two joined branches. Something very primal about hand sawing wood for the fire. Then trashed all my big ideas with an actual filling meal. @Goonergal sympathise with the hungry feeling it caught up with me at dinner.
Menu
Wakey Wakey: 41/2 pints tea with almond milk - Some kind of record even for me
Brunch: Coffee with 2 tsps inulin almond milk and butterscotch carb n cal free syrup
Mid morning snack: 2nd day running not having this
Lunch: Tin of mackerel in olive oil; big salad with olive oil, acv, dijn and psyllium husk powder dressing; lots of chia seeds for topping;
Afternoon snack: 1.5 pint mug tea
Evening meal : 3 x Waitrose 1 sausages; 3 x large eggs; 2 portabello mushrooms; 3 tomatoes; 2 x Schneider Brot Protein bread toast and butter; 4 rashers streaky bacon

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@Dr Snoddy thank you the journalist iv went really well we talked for about an hour and she was well informed so hope it will be a good outcome - will let everyone know once I hear when it’s out!
Exciting day today long hike in sunshine discussing holiday options with OH then fixing up extra care for autistic son and then booking of last minute bargain break to holiday week on Sunday (23rd) for a week. Going to a Greek island thassos to a hotel on the beach it sounds like just what we need! Weather forecast also good...
Breakfast mushrooms, bacon and egg
Lunch mackerel with olive oil and ACV and lc seeded crispbreads followed by an experiment slice of apple from community orchard with some cheese (phew all good 2 hours later but Apple was not that sweet!) I so enjoyed it.
Dinner beef casserole served on bed of sprouts with butter followed by sf jelly and cream

davich

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who complain for the sake of complaining. The why me brigade. Live with what you have and make the best of your life.
Breakfast 40 g of porridge with 1/2 pint of skimmed milk.
Lunch crisp bread with smooth peanut butter lightly spread.
Evening meal 5 cakes of mash beans steamed fish

Kingmidas

Breakfast - low carb toast and butter with a wee slop of Sweet Freedom chocolate spread. Tea.

Lunch - lo dough lightly toasted for 5 mins in the oven with garlic butter on, paté, SF jelly

1/4 of a doughnut and tea with the olds at mums care home (despite them trying to stuff more sugar in me)

Snack - pistachios and coffee with cream

Dinner - chicken breast and stir fried cauliflower rice, green beans, baby corn and mangetouts. Halo Top and double cream.

Made myself some raspberry chia seed jam and overnight coconut and chia oats (estimate 50% oats, 40% coconut, 10% chia seeds) with coconut milk for tomorrow. I used not to be a breakfast person at all but these days I look forward to it!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all

@DJC3 hope drive to Cornwall went well.

A huge eating day today.

Breakfast - hungry for some reason and with a potentially stressful morning meeting decided to eat to avoid biting someone’s head off. Ate the tuna melt I’d taken for lunch.

Lunch - Coop chorizo and Gouda rollitos, a bag of pork crunch and 3 squares Montezuma’s Absolute Black with orange and cocoa nibs.

Dinner - was supposed to meet a friend at a Turkish restaurant near work. Had arrived and ordered a drink when she texted to say delayed at work, but decided to eat anyway. Cue hilarious attempts to order modified dishes with wait staff with limited English - best was the request for cucumber sticks with tzaziki which produced toothpicks. Along with said toothpicks had a mixed grill and salad - used some of the tzaziki as a dressing. Large dessert once home - small piece of lemon zucchini cake, 3 chocolate almond squares and a CCB with a blob of cream.
Hope you enjoyed the toothpicks :joyful:

Reactions: ziggy_w

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening everyone,

Breakfast - eggs and bacon
Lunch - Hi-lo toast with a smashed avocado and serrano ham topping. Blueberries and cream
Dinner - Beans (!) running out of food as off to Liverpool tomorrow for a mini break
Snacks - 85% Lindt chocolate

First 'holiday' since diagnosed so should be interesting finding low carb options, although booked in for tapas on Saturday so that one should be easy:angelic:

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
@Dr Snoddy thank you the journalist iv went really well we talked for about an hour and she was well informed so hope it will be a good outcome - will let everyone know once I hear when it’s out!
Exciting day today long hike in sunshine discussing holiday options with OH then fixing up extra care for autistic son and then booking of last minute bargain break to holiday week on Sunday (23rd) for a week. Going to a Greek island thassos to a hotel on the beach it sounds like just what we need! Weather forecast also good...
Breakfast mushrooms, bacon and egg
Lunch mackerel with olive oil and ACV and lc seeded crispbreads followed by an experiment slice of apple from community orchard with some cheese (phew all good 2 hours later but Apple was not that sweet!) I so enjoyed it.
Dinner beef casserole served on bed of sprouts with butter followed by sf jelly and cream
I look forward to seeing you in print and your holiday choice sounds wonderful x

Reactions: ziggy_w

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone,

Breakfast - eggs and bacon
Lunch - Hi-lo toast with a smashed avocado and serrano ham topping. Blueberries and cream
Dinner - Beans (!) running out of food as off to Liverpool tomorrow for a mini break
Snacks - 85% Lindt chocolate

First 'holiday' since diagnosed so should be interesting finding low carb options, although booked in for tapas on Saturday so that one should be easy:angelic:
Enjoy your Liverpool mini break

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, late posting as I have been trying out my new pressure cooker.
Coffee with cream when I woke up
B smoothie with added chia seeds, it was the best one to date as the consistency was more like a traditional smoothie
L baby leaf salad, cucumber, tomato, roast beef and Brie
Afternoon snack of a coffee with cream and half a PhD smart bar
D was an experiment with the new toy, sausage casserole type dish consisting of sausages, cauliflower, chick peas and passata seasoned with chilli and paprika served with celeriac mash, it was very nice, lots of sauce left as I might have added a little bit too much liquid, I have just blended this to make soup for tomorrow.
@DJC3 i hope you managed to avoid the awful accident today?

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all

Woke late so skipped breakfast and set straight off for Cornwall. A long journey as the M5 was shut due to an accident, I heard on the news that 2 people had sadly died in it so my detour was a minor inconvenience in reality.
Had a large amount of snacks en route to try to cheer myself up -100g bag of macadamia nuts, 1 adonis bar, 2of the pack of 3 HC chocolate batons.

Mr C suggested the local pub for dinner, I had pan fried cod with cream and mushroom sauce and a salad. 2 gin and sodas -
I am really getting to enjoy this @shelley262 thanks for the tip. I’m glad your interview went well btw and pleased you’ve got a holiday booked - a very well deserved break.

@Goonergal your Turkish meal experience made me laugh, wonder how many carbs in a toothpick?
@ziggy_w I’m really pleased the fasting is going well.
@Kindmidas the 90 sec microwave bread recipe is this
https://jenniferbanz.com/90-second-microwave-bread
I haven’t found the baking powder overwhelming - did you just use the 1/2 teaspoon? I do find you need to fry or toast with lots of butter after you’ve made it though - I wouldn’t care much to have it fresh out of the microwave.
My favourite was a Croque Monsieur - ham and cheese sandwich fried in butter til the cheese was all gooey and melted.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello, late posting as I have been trying out my new pressure cooker.
Coffee with cream when I woke up
B smoothie with added chia seeds, it was the best one to date as the consistency was more like a traditional smoothie
L baby leaf salad, cucumber, tomato, roast beef and Brie
Afternoon snack of a coffee with cream and half a PhD smart bar
D was an experiment with the new toy, sausage casserole type dish consisting of sausages, cauliflower, chick peas and passata seasoned with chilli and paprika served with celeriac mash, it was very nice, lots of sauce left as I might have added a little bit too much liquid, I have just blended this to make soup for tomorrow.
@DJC3 i hope you managed to avoid the awful accident today?

Jayney - is your pressure cooker electric or stove top?

Reactions: hels

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Jayney - is your pressure cooker electric or stove top?
Electric, I have a 45 in 1 multi cooker that I primarily use as a slow cooker but fancied a pressure cooker, the one I have just bought can also be used as a slow cooker, it’s a 12 in 1 function cooker.

Reactions: Brunneria

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Electric, I have a 45 in 1 multi cooker that I primarily use as a slow cooker but fancied a pressure cooker, the one I have just bought can also be used as a slow cooker, it’s a 12 in 1 function cooker.

Excellent. I love ours and it's coming back into it's own s the weather cools.

I have a stupidly busy day today - partly work, partly a meeting that over-ran and partly just life getting in the way of everything, but having the ability to do a ginagerous vat of casserole in 20 minutes is a equally ginagerous bonus.

If you haven't used such a beast before, do try out a few things. The fluids issue can be a challenge, as the evaporation rates are exceedingly low, so getting used to putting in little enough liquid takes a bit of getting used to. Sauteing off some of the fluid can be useful, as can the odd sprinkling of psyllium husk.

You'll be a dab hand at converting recipes before you know it. Do you use anything like CopyMeThat to save all your recipes and tips in the same place?

Reactions: DJC3

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: 2 x scrambled eggs dotted with Marmite followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: SF Jelly and a black coffee.
Dinner: salmon and peppercorn sauce with mixed veg and celeriac chips followed by lemon chia pudding, blackberries and LC chocolate granola.