What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Sooo much to catch up on.

@Chook stupendous effort on the fasting. Full of admiration. I’ll head over to the fasting section to take a look at your post.

@zauberflote my pom poms are ready to lead your cheering squad

@shelley262 great stuff at the gym

@Rachox hope you’re managing the stairs

Another hungry day today. Was ravenous by lunchtime. Dragged a couple of colleagues to the local cafe for 2 fried eggs and 3 rashers bacon. Dinner was chicken wings marinated in butter, lime juice and zest and pink Himalayan salt. Drizzled them with Hotel Chocolat cocoa and chilli finishing oil. Dessert was almond butter mixed with extra thick Jersey cream and 1 Hotel Chocolat 100% baton.

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Sooo much to catch up on.

@Chook stupendous effort on the fasting. Full of admiration. I’ll head over to the fasting section to take a look at your post.

@zauberflote my pom poms are ready to lead your cheering squad

@shelley262 great stuff at the gym

Another hungry day today. Was ravenous by lunchtime. Dragged a couple of colleagues to the local cafe for 2 fried eggs and 3 rashers bacon. Dinner was chicken wings marinated in butter, lime juice and zest and pink Himalayan salt. Drizzled them with Hotel Chocolat cocoa and chilli finishing oil. Dessert was almond butter mixed with extra thick Jersey cream and 1 Hotel Chocolat 100% baton.
Great to see your real food rocks t shirt in action cant wait for phc conference in May.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Gym induction was just a personal trainer demonstrating machines and checking my posture and how did the exercise on the machines think I will ache later!

Well done on the gym induction, did you use the pool and sauna afterwards?

Reactions: zauberflote

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So we have a gym doe, fabulous faster and a flautist who flouts the notion of eschewing chocolate - not to mention snoring spouses. It is all go on this forum. Hope you all had good days and didn't feel the need to resign from anything.
Lots of tea and water for me today until 14.00 hrs. Cheese sandwich in Dr Almond black bread and cold, pigeon size, chicken . Beef and pork mince with tomatoes, mushrooms and swede and celeriac cubes hand cut by yours truly. Some stock and water and finally thickened with coconut cream.
Highlights today: No more joints seized up and recently freed ones about 90%; stacked 2 wheelbarrows of logs; not hungry. I await seized up joints in a couple of days.
Edited to add cleaning my green bin was also a highlight - just to show how we have fun in the fens.

I’m glad your joints are easing up at last.

Reactions: zauberflote

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Rachox how are you managing those stairs?

The short answer is slowly! :joyful: The longer answer is ABC on the way up, Able foot, Bad foot then Crutch, then reverse on the way down CBA! Simples when you know how! :happy:

Edit to add. The hand that isn’t operating the crutch is firmly gripping the bannister! :nailbiting:

Last edited:

Emma_369

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening everyone. Feels like lots to catch up tonight! Ended up being an OMAD day as work was so busy I missed breakfast & lunch. A lot of coffee consumed though.
I say OMAD, it was a feast that probably was as much a 3 whole meals - I was starving :angelic:

Salad of lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and mayo with 3, yes 3, of Morrison’s best scotch beef quarter pounders (2g carb each), each one topped with a slice of smoked bacon, fried mushrooms and cheese
May or may not - who am I kidding, will have some form of chocolate with a cuppa in a while

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@shelley262 I had images of drill sergeants barking at a line of hungry flabby recruits Glad it is simply learning the ropes!
@Brunneria I imagine the latter. That’s how you get used to it!
@ianpspurs I bet you are a Scrabble champion and a secret author of Wodehouse fanfic way to go on the celeriac cubes! Sounds yummy all together. I guess you have learned to enjoy non-seized-up days when you can get them? Avoiding all those foods. Ugh.
Thank you @Goonergal! Fluff away at me! You deserved those luscious meals.
@Rachox good going on the stairs
@Emma_369 even though you couldn’t pay me to eat them, your burgers are smelling soooo good all the way over here. Yum yum umami smells!

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@shelley262 I had images of drill sergeants barking at a line of hungry flabby recruits Glad it is simply learning the ropes!
@Brunneria I imagine the latter. That’s how you get used to it!
@ianpspurs I bet you are a Scrabble champion and a secret author of Wodehouse fanfic way to go on the celeriac cubes! Sounds yummy all together. I guess you have learned to enjoy non-seized-up days when you can get them? Avoiding all those foods. Ugh.
Thank you @Goonergal! Fluff away at me! You deserved those luscious meals.
@Rachox good going on the stairs
@Emma_369 even though you couldn’t pay me to eat them, your burgers are smelling soooo good all the way over here. Yum yum umami smells!
Wodehouse has been a favourite of mine since schooldays - I love the Fry and Laurie incarnations of J and W. Seized up days should be few and far between provided I am careful about how much red meat etc I eat. The issue is dealing with hunger based on my dislikes. I am not food intolerant - just intolerant:angelic: You are quite a wordsmith yourself - take care.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Screenshot_20190220-204804_MyNetDiary D.jpg
20/02
breakfast with parents
10 raspberries, 10 blueberries, yoghurt. coffee
lunch: hungry so: 2 hash browns, 2 rashers of bacon, fried egg, and cabbage left from yesterday, tea.
dinner: cod, stirfried veggies, homemade pepper sauce.
feeling a bit off with cold still and waaaaay under on calories so treated myself to
1 salted caramel florentine.
hope you can see attatched screenshot
As you can see once again nowhere near enough calories

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@jjraak am not sure about avocado either, the fat content has made it a NO food for years. But going to give it a go in small amounts.
@maglil55 Where do you live, those are some of my favorite shops too. your ideas for chicken, may have to steal all of them:greedy:
@DJC Am just starting my journey into the weird and wonderful ingredients low carbers use. o_O This week bought Coconut oil, Ghee and after a lot of research and agonising a pack of Splenda. not sure how i am going to use the last two yet.... Also am suposed to be emptying the cupboards in preparation for move in about six weeks.
@ianpspurs Also love President butter, the factory is just down the road from our "new" house.
Have a great evening everyone, am off to watch Masterchef.

snack , 1 cracker and 20g stilton cheese
edited to add snack

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak am not sure about avocado either, the fat content has made it a NO food for years. But going to give it a go in small amounts.
@maglil55 Where do you live, those are some of my favorite shops too. your ideas for chicken, may have to steal all of them:greedy:
@DJC Am just starting my journey into the weird and wonderful ingredients low carbers use. o_O This week bought Coconut oil, Ghee and after a lot of research and agonising a pack of Splenda. not sure how i am going to use the last two yet.... Also am suposed to be emptying the cupboards in preparation for move in about six weeks.
@ianpspurs Also love President butter, the factory is just down the road from our "new" house.
Have a great evening everyone, am off to watch Masterchef.
@SlimLizzy and @jjraak Give avocado a go but ensure they are ripe. Smashed on LC toast and topped with a perfectly poached egg, in salad or mashed, mixed with a tin of mackerel in olive oil, apple cider vinegar and chia seeds, spring onions and grated cheddar they have become a staple of mine but I am a very rum cove.

zauberflote

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
okra. Cigarette smoke, old, new, and permeating a room, wafting from a balcony, etc etc. That I have so many chronic diseases. That I take so very many meds. Being cold. Anything too loud, but specifically non-classical music and the television.
@SlimLizzy sorry you are still under the weather and that is one seriously functional (my very highest praise for tech) app you use there! It’s you that has to avoid lots of fat, do I remember correctly? Ah I see by your next post yes it is you. Make sure you pack the chocolate in the”Kitchen Open First!!!” box.
And,,,,,, no ballet class for me tonight. I very gently wrenched my back just a teeny tiny bit. Ice, ibuprofen, no pain now. But I do not wish to challenge it one little bit. Waaahhhhh. Have to walk in the dark on icy roads as penance for being stoopid. Or, you know, maybe no walk either. We’ll see. Sleep well everyone!

Reactions: maglil55
D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Brannigan's Creek Muddy Dip with garlic bread.
Dinner: Pork chops and veggies.
Breakfast today: Four egg cheese omelette (no mushrooms left), bacon.

Brannigan’s Creek Muddy Dip. (This recipe is in the public domain)

½ kgs. Mud Crab Meat.
½ kgs. Cream Cheese.
Juice of 1 Lemon.
1 tablespoons Chilli Sauce.
1 tablespoons Crushed Garlic.
Garlic bread.

Whip cream cheese up with 3 tablespoons of crab juice, then mix in other ingredients. Add crab meat and mix together. Put in baking dish and bake in oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve hot with garlic bread.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with raspberries (ran out of strawberries! :wideyed:) and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: cold roast chicken with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by Greek yoghurt and blueberries.
Mid afternoon: peanut Phd bar and black coffee.
Dinner: chicken supreme with mixed veg followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.