What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening all. Work is definitely getting in the way of forum time at the moment. Lots of catching up to do.

@Chook sorry to hear you’re under the weather. Hope you will be OK for your holiday. Going anywhere exciting?

@PenguinMum we have a carnivore pizza recipe courtesy of @dunelm which involves a crust made of ground pork crackling and cheese. It’s pretty good.

Today’s menu was lunch of 2 fried eggs, 3 rashers bacon and some grated cheese followed by 30g almonds.

Dinner was slow cooked oxcheek - yum - followed by a dessert of extra thick double cream mixed with a few chopped Brazil nuts and cocoa nibs.

0D396A3F-590C-4EF2-A606-943171AB0015.jpeg
0FC0C7D8-938D-46C5-9D5F-A2B218FEB3F2.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Tried to balance tastes I enjoy + nutrition inside a low carb framework today. No B except plenty of TWAM . CWC later - dubious benefit. NE1 - double ingredient flaxseed (with 1 tsp PHP) smashed avocado, tin mackerel in OO and 56 gms grated cheddar. NE2 was part of freezer clearing process. IP cooked Oxcheek, celeriac pellets, h/g tomatoes, stock from bones, star anise, h/g asparagus and spinach. Star anise made a difference. What to say? it was all as expected from good ingredients well cooked.
ETA: Obviously there were mushrooms (just not a kg)

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Chook hope you are better for your hols and that you have a wonderful time away.
Congratulations to our threads own superstars @Goonergal and @Brunneria on your successful election results wonderful news.
@Brunneria im sure you’ll continue to do a Stirling job and @Goonergal youll I’m sure be a great addition to the team.
Breakfast bacon, egg and a few lc seeded crispbreads
Lunch tin of sardines in olive oil and a few lc seeded crispbreads followed by coffee and a couple of squares of 100% choc
Dinner cold roast ham served with fried halloumi slices and green salad with dry white wine spritzer while cooking and small Medicinal merlot with dinner followed by lc lemon mousse served with spoon of yoghurt.
I’m slowly making way through my giant list of jobs to do before my hols.

BibaBee

Type of diabetes
Family member
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Chook sending healing vibes your way!

A busy day for me, can't believe it's already 8.30! Where has the day gone?

B: Coffee chia pudding with cocoa and hazelnut topping. Black coffee.
L: Leftover frittata with coleslaw and salad.
D: Harissa baked salmon fillet with lemon, garlic and chilli roasted broccoli and asparagus. SF jelly. Decaf coffee and cream.

D

Deleted member 308541

It was show day here in Bundy yesterday, and public holiday so the shops were shut. Gunna be busy to day when the online deliveries start to come in today. Groceries, pharmacy medication, and the meat from the butchers will all come together at the same time.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: leftover M&S Meatzza followed by Greek yoghurt and raspberries.
Mid afternoon: raspberry chia pudding and black coffee.
Dinner: mature cheddar omelette with cauliflower and broccoli salad followed by SF jelly, cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay! Congrats to @Goonergal and @Brunneria I hadn’t noticed the results were out - didn’t doubt either of the results for a second though.
NE1 Scrambled eggs on a slice of smoked cheese CWC
Day out in Newquay with youngest daughter, a lovely sunny day lots of walking and stopping at various hipster type cafes which offered 20 different alternatives to milk but no cream for my coffee. Had either black, or peppermint tea or breakfast tea with soya milk. Shame.
NE2 another trendy place, not much lc choice. Had a warm garlic prawn salad. Remembered to ask for dressing on the side luckily as it was quite sweet. Had mayo instead. Still quite hungry at the end so even though that should have been it for the day -
NE3 Yarg with lc seedy crackers when I got home just now.

Viv19

Mmm
I forgot that today is a holiday here and all shops are shut.
Tea, gym, cwc
LC bread with cheese
Yoghurt and berries.
Tomorrow a niece is getting married, so today was a family meet up at a brewery that was previously a monastery. They have beer, water, soft drinks, pretzels plus plates and cutlery. Everyone takes their own food.
I had a LC roll plus cheese, paprika and mini tomatoes and about 2 liters of water. So no real food.
OH had about 3 krugs of beer, slices of leberkase, smoked ham,potato salad etc etc. he was feeling no pain.
Came home, ate a slice of sunflower seed bread that I made earlier. A bit cakey, not really my taste.
Made a pavlova for tomorrow.
@ Chook do hope you beat it! Have a good holiday.

Kalobe

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The highs and lows
Two boiled eggs; (breakfast)
Beef and green peppers (tea time)
I ate half a cake at lunchtime because that was all that was available but it was made from egg (I am on a cycling holiday in Germany and it is Father’s day today so all restaurants are shut where I am) but I did forgo the ice cream that everyone else had and my husband ate the other half of my cake as well as his own cake.

Viv19

I ate half a cake at lunchtime because that was all that was available but it was made from egg (I am on a cycling holiday in Germany and it is Father’s day today so all restaurants are shut where I am) but I did forgo the ice cream that everyone else had and my husband ate the other half of my cake as well as his own cake.

Lots of drunken ‘Dads’ around. it’s Ascension Day which is the main reason for the holiday. But usually there are restaurants open. All those coaches full of men and beer have to go somewhere! You were unlucky!

Reactions: ianpspurs

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria - welcome to the continuation of your moding and @Goonergal congratulations - where's your golden crowned egg cup? @Chook, @Viv19, @gennepher can I just say you didn't catch it from me but this is a truly horrible bug. I had to cancel all my Aqua classes. I would have needed oxygen just to get in the pool. I'm dosed out on paracetamol but at least not every part of my body is aching now. Morning is cough time, late morning to afternoon rest time, early evening start to feel better, night aching, cough , fever, sleep and morning the cycle starts again. Finally though I think I'm improving. Got yesterday and today to do and it's pretty much the same.
Wednesday Bed 6.1 FBG 6.4. BGs may look OK but they are all over the place. Just drinking plenty water.
B. TAG with ADOC. Slice of that light bread toasted with lurpack.
L. 1/2 of one of these M&S Meat'zza- same one as @Rachox. I noticed the carbs and I agree @Goonergal it's the GF mix making it carby but it's rather good and I can live with it split over the day.
D. The other half of the meat'zza but with a little lettuce, 1/2 avocado, cucumber and helmans.
Today is wet and miserable (hope it improves before Saturday @DJC3). Bed 5.8 FBG 7.1 and still all over the place. Still on the school run but boys are being good. I think they know I'm not feeling good.
B. TAG with ADOC and scrambled eggs.
L. 1/2 of the second of the meat'zza (they were on offer)
D. The other half with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, helmans and a bit of the boob cheese. A scoop of halo top with raspberries.
Yet more water and paracetamol.
I'm surviving the meat'zza in 2 separate meals. I need to make another loaf too but I don't have the energy yet.
@Goonergal - commiserations as well for yesterday.
Most of today I've been fiddling about with trains and hotels. SIL and Hubby arrive from Australia in 4 weeks but will be fitting a lot in on a 7 week trip. We're meeting up with them again in Chester for just over a week July into August. Trains were a problem as Network Rail are going to be working on part of the west coast line so, instead of a simple one change to Chester I was getting all sorts of weird combos. Eventually decided going through Manchester was the best bet as it doesn't involve multiple changes and buses. So hotels and downwards trip is booked but still trying so solve the return. That's for tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 308541

Lunch yesterday: Leftover fridge bitchenpeeches.
Dinner: Chook drumsticks, veggies.
Breakfast: Cheesey mushroom omelette, bacon, tomato, reheated spudlite.

Drinks: Black coffee no sugar / sweeteners, water.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Brunneria - welcome to the continuation of your moding and @Goonergal congratulations - where's your golden crowned egg cup? @Chook, @Viv19, @gennepher can I just say you didn't catch it from me but this is a truly horrible bug. I had to cancel all my Aqua classes. I would have needed oxygen just to get in the pool. I'm dosed out on paracetamol but at least not every part of my body is aching now. Morning is cough time, late morning to afternoon rest time, early evening start to feel better, night aching, cough , fever, sleep and morning the cycle starts again. Finally though I think I'm improving. Got yesterday and today to do and it's pretty much the same.
Wednesday Bed 6.1 FBG 6.4. BGs may look OK but they are all over the place. Just drinking plenty water.
L. 1/2 of one of these M&S Meat'zza- same one as @Rachox. I noticed the carbs and I agree @Goonergal it's the GF mix making it carby but it's rather good and I can live with it split over the day.
D. The other half of the meat'zza but with a little lettuce, 1/2 avocado, cucumber and helmans.
Today is wet and miserable (hope it improves before Saturday @DJC3). Bed 5.8 FBG 7.1 and still all over the place. Still on the school run but boys are being good. I think they know I'm not feeling good.
D. The other half with lettuce, 1/2 avocado, helmans and a bit of the boob cheese. A scoop of halo top with raspberries.
I'm surviving the meat'zza in 2 separate meals. I need to make another loaf too but I don't have the energy yet.
Most of today I've been fiddling about with trains and hotels. SIL and Hubby arrive from Australia in 4 weeks but will be fitting a lot in on a 7 week trip. We're meeting up with them again in Chester for just over a week July into August. Trains were a problem as Network Rail are going to be working on part of the west coast line so, instead of a simple one change to Chester I was getting all sorts of weird combos. Eventually decided going through Manchester was the best bet as it doesn't involve multiple changes and buses. So hotels and downwards trip is booked but still trying so solve the return. That's for tomorrow.

I felt terrible all over and inside initially. And then I felt incredibly weak which was a bit frightening.
I think I am improving now, and that horrible weakness has gone, but I go to do something, and then I am worse again.
What on earth is this bug?
I had to cancel today’s stuff.
Hopefully more improvement tomorrow!
Food is of little interest...but maybe tomorrow...
Hope you get better quickly.
I have never had a bug this bad before...
Take care
>^..^<

Last edited:
Reactions: Viv19

Viv19

Thanks for the kind thoughts Maglil. I obviously don’t have the dreaded lurgy that you, gennefer and perhaps Chook have. I was wobbly with a sore throat for a few days, but seem to have beaten it. ( speaking very quietly). I hope you’re all soon totally recovered.
Have I missed something? Elections of moderators? There’s lots on this website that I don’t find. Anyway, congrats to those who were elected.

Viv19

Kalobe, not sure how long you’re in Germany, but cycling is hungry exercise. This LC bread can be bought at a chain of supermarkets called Rewe.
IMG_4883.jpg

3.8 g per slice.

Reactions: gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Eaten yesterday...not much at all, but drank water (I've got a bug)

Eaten today...
Some bacon bits (gave cat the rest)
One soft boiled egg.
A desertspoon of cheese coleslaw....with hindsight (because of my stomach) I shouldn't have had the coleslaw, but I needed something soft and fluid to be able swallow the bacon and egg.(I have problems swallowing). But I did enjoy it when I ate it, just not afterwards...
A couple cubes chocolate...to try and soothe my throat, but that is not working now. But it was.
Cough sweets, and prescription dry throat pastilles not working. Just sucking a M&S hard buttermint sweet. That is trickling down my throat soothing it. I used those buttermint sweets for dry throat and coughs for years before I got diabetes.

Drinking the required amount of water, but with a pinch salt, lemon juice, or a pinch of glucose (I cannot drink plain water anyway, it makes my throat desert parched and has done for a long time, so that is nothing new). Also cups hot tea. But coffee with cream is too thick to swallow at mo.

Curiously my blood glucose readings are going down, 8.1 before the buttermint sweet.

I am improving with this bug.

>^..^<

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evenin’ All,

Today has been

NE1: local butchers sausages (superb)
NE2: cheesy mince

Also seem to have eaten most of a bar of Lindt 70%. Never quite sure how that happens... i blame it on the massive work deadline - that I hit!!!

Most chuffed.