What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all what a rainy day felt good to be packing for sunny climes
Breakfast one slice bacon and egg
Lunch tin mackerel in olive oil with a few home grown purple tomatoes and lc crispbreads plus a few walnuts followed by one square of 90% choc and coffee
Dinner fillet steak plus a few cooked purple toms and bit of onion with glass of red wine followed by scoop each of halo mint ice cream, oppo choc hazelnut and splash double cream.
Off to bed fairly soon - alarm set for 2.30am !

Reactions: DJC3 and jayney27

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lunch tin mackerel in olive oil with a few home grown purple tomatoes and lc crispbreads plus a few walnuts followed by one square of 90% choc and coffee
Dinner fillet steak plus a few cooked purple toms and bit of onion with glass of red wine followed by scoop each of halo mint ice cream, oppo choc hazelnut and splash double cream.

Have a great holiday Shelley.

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you heard of camelcamelcamel? It's a price watching site for (mainly for) Amazon, which tracks prices. You can put in a target price for an item, and if someone has it on offer, it'll highlight it.

You'll probably know, if you're a regular Amazon user, they'll often highlight deals directly too for anything on your Lists.

Thanks. Hadn’t heard of it. Now signed up.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Some thanks to give out. @DCUKMod for the veg stock link - worked really well in the lamb shank melange. Secondly to @maglil55 for the small kilner jars which froze a perfect individual sized portion of crumble and was fine in the microwave. Finally, to Spurs for not losing - #bare sick (older members may need to google):):):)

Last edited:
Reactions: DCUKMod and ziggy_w

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello all.

It's gotten quite nippy these last few days. So, I guess summer is now officially over.

Tried to go a bit lower fat today as an experiment -- trying to see if it impacts my ketones as my GP thinks they are too high. Have to report it doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

Breakfast: One double decaffeinated espresso with frothed full-fat milk and erythritol. Three scrambled eggs with four mushrooms, a fourth of a bellpepper and some steak strips. About 15g of 88% chocolate.

Lunch: Nothing.

Snack: Way too much of a low-carb muesli, I ordered recently. The muesli contains shredded coconut, sesame, sunflour seeds and erythritol and about 2.5g of carbs per 100g. Ate it without milk or anything else, just dry.

Dinner: About 40g of Explore Cuisine edamame-mung bean fettucine with zucchini, tomato, estragon, calamari and scallops. One glass of red wine.

ziggy_w

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh, god this is early. Hope you get to sleep some on the plane, @shelley262. Enjoy the sunshine and beach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brunneria

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Enjoy your holiday I hope you have a great time xx

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all, still plagued with this awful cold.
Late breakfast of fried egg, grilled bacon and some mushrooms served with 90 second microwave bread coffee with cream
Afternoon snack/treat almond milk cappuccino and a PhD smart bar
D salmon salad with a little bit of feta and dressing glass of red wine

Reactions: ianpspurs

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.

B: 2 bacon rashers and a fried egg. Large pot of coffee with cream

Snack - more coffee and cream from Costa while attending grandaughters’ joint bday party - avoided nibbling on crisps etc.

L: bits and pieces - some avocado, mozzarella, watercress and a couple of slices of chicken, Mayo. 1 coconut chocolate brownie. Cup of tea with milk.

D: Take out curry: couple of spoonsful of mushroom bhaji, saag paneer and the cauli out of alloo gobi.

We are going to an American diner for breakfast tomorrow so I’m frantically looking up the menu online and hoping it’s not just pancakes.
@ziggy_w your breakfast sounds great.

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening.

B: 2 bacon rashers and a fried egg. Large pot of coffee with cream

Snack - more coffee and cream from Costa while attending grandaughters’ joint bday party - avoided nibbling on crisps etc.

L: bits and pieces - some avocado, mozzarella, watercress and a couple of slices of chicken, Mayo. 1 coconut chocolate brownie. Cup of tea with milk.

D: Take out curry: couple of spoonsful of mushroom bhaji, saag paneer and the cauli out of alloo gobi.

We are going to an American diner for breakfast tomorrow so I’m frantically looking up the menu online and hoping it’s not just pancakes.
@ziggy_w your breakfast sounds great.
Hi I often to go to an American style diner and they have lots of egg breakfast choices, omelette, scrambled etc hopefully you will find something suitable x

Jemz

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday
B - bacon steak & cauliflower
L - pork scratchings
D - chicken breast, olives & watercress
Roasted almonds

Today
B - turkey & Roquefort cheese omelette
L - devilled eggs
D - fathead pizza (chicken & mushrooms)
Roasted almonds

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries and cream washed down with a black coffee.
Lunch: Skinny Cafë pancakes with bacon and SF maple syrup.
Mid afternoon at Neros: cappuccino and Carb Killa Jaffa Quake bar,
Dinner: Spanish cold meats (chorizo etc.) cauliflower and broccoli salad with coleslaw and pork scratchings followed by SF jelly with cream and LC chocolate granola.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi I often to go to an American style diner and they have lots of egg breakfast choices, omelette, scrambled etc hopefully you will find something suitable x

Thanks, I’m quite looking forward to it - I found the online menu and there does seem to be a lot of low carb choices as well as the legendary pancakes that everyone else is looking forward to. Will report back later - how are you feeling today?

Reactions: ziggy_w

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
on hol myself at mo, so prob won’t post for days.
No WiFi and terrible phone reception so expect me when you see me!

Yesterday was
B: corned beef cheesy eggy thing.
L: 2waffle chips and a handful of biltong.
D: chick curry and a bought choc mousse with lots of cream in it!

Also a sniff of slow gin. Picked up a half bottle of it on the way here. Lovely stuff!!!

jayney27

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks, I’m quite looking forward to it - I found the online menu and there does seem to be a lot of low carb choices as well as the legendary pancakes that everyone else is looking forward to. Will report back later - how are you feeling today?
Glad you are looking forward to your breakfast outing, enjoy.
I still feel absolutely whacked, everything seems to be effecting my head today, awful muzzy headache and hot tired eyes.
Thank you for asking after me though it’s very kind, have a lovely day xx

Reactions: DJC3

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some thanks to give out. @DCUKMod for the veg stock link - worked really well in the lamb shank melange. Secondly to @maglil55 for the small kilner jars which froze a perfect individual sized portion of crumble and was fine in the microwave. Finally, to Spurs for not losing - #bare sick (older members may need to google):):):)

Glad the veggie stock concoction was a hit for you Ian. I find it absolutely fab in my legendary "lob it and leave it" method.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes thanks , getting there- it’s a strange lurgey keeps coming and going.
Hope you get a chance for a bit of a rest tomorrow. Your day sounds exhausting.

DJC3 - Have you joined the Facebook, IP UK group? It's a closed group, but they let me in. The only reason I ask is someone asked yesterday for a link to a Ch^&*((^%s Cooking Book that was put together last year. Obviously there are load of things in there that we would likely choose not to eat, but I find the timings useful if I'm going to do a version on.

Reactions: maglil55

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the veggie stock concoction was a hit for you Ian. I find it absolutely fab in my legendary "lob it and leave it" method.
That was good and so was the link in usefulness between nutribullet and IP. The utility of which had worried my accounting side for a while but now I can see some value there.

Last edited: