What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thursday 2 November - bed 8.2 (no idea why) FBG 7.9. I think this mucking about with low purine is perhaps causing issues. I've ordered a couple of anti-inflammatory/anti gout cookbooks to see if it gives me any ideas that I can make low purine and low carb. It's driving me nuts trying to combine them currently.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SRSLY toast with ox tongue and coleslaw.

L. 2 squares of that Lidl raspberry/dark chocolate. Before that, a bit of crustless quiche.

D. Yet another ostrich burger with Emmental and a salad of avocado and santini tomatoes. CC little chocolate pot with 3 raspberries.

This was an Aqua day. Pool was a bit chillier.

Friday 3 November - bed 8.2 FBG 7.9. Still sitting a bit high. Half day Friday.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SRSLY toast with ox tongue and coleslaw. Benecol dairy free.

L. A bit of crustless quiche

D. One of these Mexican melt things (haven't made them for ages). Form a rissole shape around spicy Mexican grated cheese, with a mix of pork sausage meat (seasoned) and a little egg. Dressed in my crispy not breadcrumb mix with added paprika. CC little chocolate pot.

I thought I'd taken more photos this week. Obviously, I haven't! I did get to the butcher's today. Hubby is at football again tomorrow (an all-day hospitality do) so I'm left to my own devices for a change.

RosemaryJackson

Hi ll. Bit late today. @DCJ3, have had a lovely weekend with son thank you and he's now gone back to USA. I know I've been fairly good with food but DN has given me 3 months to get my diabetes under control without meds. She's going to put me back on them if I can't. I have made some s/f jelly so I can have it with yoghurt or cream and am trying some Keto bread. I have sausages and green veg for lunch today and pink salmon with mayo for tea. I have just made my Christmas cakes (presents for friends) and I didn't lick the bowl or spoon! That's a start! Have a great day folks. :)

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Ham 80g
Cottage Cheese and tomato
Crispy Bacon
Tomato

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast kefir then fried one slice of bacon, egg and mushroom served with one slice of LC bread
Lunch sauerkraut, guacamole and LC seeded crackers followed by one small Apple peel and two squares of 90% chocolate
Dinner slow cooked brisket of beef with cauliflower cheese and glass of red wine followed by LC brownie and decaffeinated coffee.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: chicken chasseur with Brussels, broccoli and carrots.

2023-11-07 19.12.37.jpeg

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No breakfast, but I did have a smoked mackerel fillet for lunch.

Had a Dairylea Triangle while clearing out and cleaning the fridge - how could I not?

Afternoon Gin and Tonic

Rib eye steak, with hm coleslaw, bit of lettuce, 2 mini plum tomatoes, cauli rice sauteed.

LC and hm blueberry cheesecake for afters.

Bit of a heavy calorie day, but most importantly carbs were about 16g.

1699386270915.jpeg

By the way, I only had a slice of the cheesecake!

1699386302834.jpeg

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Saturday 4 November - bed 8.3 FBG 7.8. Off to Edinburgh to drop Hubby at the stadium for this hospitality day. Picked up son on return to get his shopping out of the way. I didn't bother shopping. I had stuff in from the butcher trip, so I decided to get a delivery on Monday of veggies, etc.

B. TAG and 2 slices of SRSLY toast with ox tongue and coleslaw. Benecol dairy free.

L. After return from taxi duties! CC little chocolate pot.

D. I really couldn't be bothered, so I made a cheese and ham toastie with SRSLY bread. Another CC little chocolate pot with a raspberry on top!

Had to head back to Edinburgh to collect Hubby (they lost, which rather spoilt their day).

Sunday 5 November - fireworks really ramped up today, and son's animals were really upset. The trouble is that they'll have a few more days of this yet. Bed 7.7 FBG 7.9.

L. Nothing. Back at swimming lessons with the youngest grandson.

D. Campari and soda. Black garlic chicken breast with cauliflower fried rice. I put peas, spring onion, and mushrooms through it. CC little chocolate pot with raspberries.
20231105_180338.jpg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: 2 cold cooked chipolatas. Ff greek with chia seeds and 3 chopped walnuts
Nice dog walk -sunny!
L: chose the wrong cafe. This one only did cakes, bagels and ciabattas. Hubby ordered a Ploughman's which was huge so I has the stilton, pickled onions and gherkin.
Ordered a chilli latte but had to return it as it had been made with chilli syrup - I'd assumed actual chilli powder.

Mid afternoon couple of mouthfuls of cake and a couple of a blonde.

7:30 3 hard boiled eggs with mayo, and 3 cold chipolatas. A glass red wine

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter, slices of avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Salmon fillets baked with broccoli, mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed asparagus spears smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, Kalamata olives, mint and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to swallow tablets.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Monday 6 November - bed & FBG both 7.8. Fireworks are still going off. I didn't get into my 10 am Aqua class, but I did get into the 11 am. one. A bit more of a rush, but I made it.

B. TAG and a bit of crustless quiche.

L. Benecol dairy free and 12 almonds.

D. One of my favourites, crispy skin sea bass. Served with a kind of Caesar salad I gained in my Sainsbury's delivery. I ordered lettuce, I got Caesar salad! Used lettuce, some parmesan and dressing, 2 croutons, and added some santini tomatoes. CC little chocolate pot with raspberries.

Tuesday 7 November - bed 7.9 FBG 7.4. It was a complicated day. Son & DIL are meeting a friend in town who is here on holiday. It was late on in the afternoon, so I am feeding the boys. That's not an issue, but the younger one has basketball this evening, and the young dog will need collecting from Doggie Day Care (he doesn't like being on his own). Just more complications trying to be in multiple places at roughly the same time. I made it but I ate quite late.

B. TAG and one slice of SRSLY toast with Ploughman's Pate. Benecol dairy free.

L. Nothing. Too much to do.

D. I saved time by doing the other favoured recipe, the Hairy Bikers featherblade steak. As @DJC3 will agree, this is really delicious. Cooks for hours, and the boys love it. Thankfully, it also reheats easily, so I had this much later - lots of veggies. CC little chocolate pot with 2 raspberries.
20231106_184643.jpg
20231107_190636.jpg

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: Sardines on wholemeal bread. The bread is a bit of a risk, but as long as I got the insulin right, it should be OK. Won't help with losing weight though.

2nd meal: Lorne sausage in a casserole with some veg. I ha ve to use it because Neil bought it yesterday and it was very short dated (today). Was planning to make stovies with it with celeriac to replace the potato but he couldn't get celeriac so it will be just a nondescript sausage and veg casserole.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just back from getting my legs rebandaged and seeing a GP - not much help there - he reckons my lungs are just worn out so I'll just have to put up with being out of breath. He did order a blood test though - that's for next Thursday.

Having said I've had all the carbs I can allow myself today, I have come home hungry so may have to have a lunch. That'll have to be eggy - maybe a cheese omelette. I think I could easily manage that and still need the lamb later on. Or maybe I'll have the lamb now and hope it will keep me going for the rest of the day. Could always have eggs later, if it doesn't work out. No carbs though. I really mustn't.
Ann, have you had a High Resolution CT scan on your lungs? X-rays are a "Box Brownie" when it comes to examining lungs. Without a decent examination or tests, how on earth can your Doc say your lungs are worn out?

These approaches really make me cross!

filly

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Omelette with cheese, onion and mushroom
Steak in butter with homemade Balsamic, mustard and garlic sauce. (Looks rubbish but tastes nice).

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: scrambled eggs with chopped up chipolatas in, very tasty
L: a 90 second bread with cheese melted in top.
Dog walk
Mid afternoon 1 scone with butter, a smear of bramble jelly and cream poured over.
D: will be pork chop with creamy mushrooms and cabbage. And the final glass of wine from a bottle I've made last 4 days

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B two boiled eggs with buttered keto roll
l small sauerkraut and piece of gambazola cheese and four of seeded crackers followed by three squares of 90% chocolate
D hm Bolognese and glass of red followed by LC Blondie served warm with yoghurt

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Ann, have you had a High Resolution CT scan on your lungs? X-rays are a "Box Brownie" when it comes to examining lungs. Without a decent examination or tests, how on earth can your Doc say your lungs are worn out?

These approaches really make me cross!
Actually, the last time I had a chest X-ray was around 1959 when there was a policy in place to get as many folk as possible checked for TB. CT scans have only been of my throat - that was in 2017. MRI scan of my knees a few years ago and another targetted at a breast lump earlier this year. Don't know if that would have picked up any lung issues.

The doctor was only commenting on what I told him about the previous check when I was told my lungs were those of a 90 year old. Maybe I should accept that I am old and done. But I can't. I stopped ageing (inside) in 1971 when I was 26.

Just had my Lorne sausage casserole. There was a lot of it, but it was so good and I was hungry so I had it all - just some gravy left. Tut! I won't lose weight that way.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, slices of avocado and tiger prawns, seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Crustless quiche using broccoli, red peppers, leeks, eggs, double cream and pecorino.
Steamed French beans and mangetout smothered with butter.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with brown shrimps, mussels, lettuce, celery, Romano peppers, mint, salad onions and mustard cress, with a dollop home-made aioli for dipping, topped with toasted pistachios.
Water to swallow tablets.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: gammon steak with a side salad.
I have a reprieve from hospital food, my op planned for tomorrow has been postponed, no anaesthetist available. Should get a new date tomorrow, I am so disappointed :(

2023-11-08 19.07.20.jpeg