What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I feel some pressure now you've ordered from Keto Chefs. Hopefully the cinnamon doughnuts will be more like the usual ones.
Will let you know but it's a long long time since I tasted the real full sugar version - probably about 8 years when gave up sugar on diagnosis !So I'm certain I'll enjoy.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette.

New op date confirmed for next Friday (17th) :)

2023-11-09 19.07.36.jpeg

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
10.30am slice of sourdough toast with butter and smooth Brussels pate. (Think toasting really does work to lower sugar content as BG didn't rise higher than 6.6. )

2.00pm one Gin and tonic

5.30pm roast chicken breast with skin, buttered steamed cabbage, steamed cauli and swede mashed with butter, chicken gravy made with chicken juice and a tiny bit of cornflour.

Last of the hm lc blueberry cheesecake.

Carb content is a guess 51g as some foods are a guestimate.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, slices of avocado and crevettes seasoned with black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Walnut and mushroom nut roast made with onions, eggs and flax 'egg', garlic, vegetable stock and rosemary.
Steamed Brussels sprouts with toasted pine nuts and a knob of butter.
Carrots, onions and apple peel sautéed in butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad made with king prawns and mussels, lettuce, Romano peppers, celery, baby plum tomatoes, parsley and salad onions, with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with toasted almonds.
Water to swallow tables.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This afternoon I went to the gym with a cold swim right after again.
And again, I didn't feel like cooking afterwards: My sensor had unexpectedly ended right after swimming, and I had the usual drop from the swim, all complicated without a sensor.

So instead of cooking my planned meal I went with two medium boiled eggs on a slic of low carb bread with cheese, not bad at all! :hungry:
Will make a proper meal again tomorrow. :)
Proper meal made, and a very tasty one too!

1699563627551.png

Fried onion, bell pepper, shawarma meat and garlic, on raw endive and with a nice sauce made with mayo, yoghurt, garlic, hot sauce and chives. :hungry:

I've decided I really like the effect of the cold water swimming (if not on my BG, it's a bit wild too wild for my tastes), so tomorrow I'm gifting myself neoprene socks and gloves, which should make the swimming doable even if the water gets colder than the current 9.5°C! :joyful:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner: cheese and mushroom omelette.

New op date confirmed for next Friday (17th) :)

View attachment 64202
Fingers crossed for the 17th.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
I know I said I wouldn't have any more bread, so what did I do this morning? Yup! You guessed it. A thick slice of wholemeal bread, toasted. Idiot! I did take a reasonable amount of insulin to cover it, but really, I mean, how daft can I get? That was how I broke my fast.

2nd meal will be lamb steak with some Brussels sprouts - if the surveyor who is coming this afternoon to assess our house for an air source heat pump and solar panels isn't here for too long. If he takes too much of the afternoon, it will probably just be some cheese.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening. Colder today so I changed the evening super salmon salad somewhat.
Usual pre-breakfast 2 x 750 mls mugs of tea with almond milk
10,00: 3 slices toasted and buttered SRSLY fruit loaf which was lurking in the freezer
11.40: CWC, monin s/f caramel and Ceylon cinnamon with H/m speculoos - all day I ...... etc recipe
2.30 ish Cheese (Cornish cruncher) Sandwich - KC artisanal seeded bread. They sent me a trial croissant and another free Adonis double chocolate crunch bar. Mug of tea - size and milk as per
6.15 ish: Salmon - crispy skin essential (as is white crockery) - wild, line caught so better cooked in butter, Milky's hallum, sauteed radish, celery, mushrooms, yellow pepper, cherry toms and 1/2 bag bistro salad. Couldn't crop out the table runner which JKP thinks is a good idea - why??
Hope you all had a good day. @shelley262 by normal KC doughnuts I mean looking like those on the website not as though wholemeal flour was used.

salmon.png

Last edited:

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs thank you my delivery arrived today too with freebies of Adonis double chocolate protein bar and a LC croissant looking forward to all my low carb treats. Meanwhile majority stashed and portioned and safe in freezer! Tried about a third of a LC cinnamon doughnut - they are big - it was delicious. Making lc veggie soup today long and slow in slow cooker for tomorrow to try one of the keto cheese scones with it!
@Mazzab64 welcome to this thread I m sure you'll get lots of ideas and advice here. I've been low carb for six years now and enjoy the way I can manage my health and eat well too. I mainly got ideas on starting out from diet doctor and would recommend the site lots of resources there are free but you can pay and get a meal plan too
Hope you enjoy improving your health and enjoying some excellent low carb food.
My food today
B two boiled eggs and one keto roll
L sauerkraut and three seeded crackers with piece of gambazola followed by a third of the Keto chef lc cinnamon doughnut I warmed it and loved it shared with OH who loved his two thirds piece! Pic of whole doughnut!
IMG_20231110_145808.jpg

D salmon with some peas and glass of dry white wine followed by a LC crumble
Edit forgot to list my daily morning small glass of kefir which I also add wild Norwegian fish oil and collagen mixed in.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs thank you my delivery arrived today too with freebies of Adonis double chocolate protein bar and a LC croissant looking forward to all my low carb treats. Meanwhile majority stashed and portioned and safe in freezer! Tried about a third of a LC cinnamon doughnut - they are big - it was delicious. Making lc veggie soup today long and slow in slow cooker for tomorrow to try one of the keto cheese scones with it!
@Mazzab64 welcome to this thread I m sure you'll get lots of ideas and advice here. I've been low carb for six years now and enjoy the way I can manage my health and eat well too. I mainly got ideas on starting out from diet doctor and would recommend the site lots of resources there are free but you can pay and get a meal plan too
Hope you enjoy improving your health and enjoying some excellent low carb food.
My food today
B two boiled eggs and one keto roll
L sauerkraut and three seeded crackers with piece of gambazola followed by a third of the Keto chef lc cinnamon doughnut I warmed it and loved it shared with OH who loved his two thirds piece! Pic of whole doughnut!
View attachment 64213
D salmon with some peas and glass of dry white wine followed by a LC crumble
Phew! Glad you liked the doughnut. Yes they are 100 gms - the doughnut trays we bought to make our own are small in comparison.

• Friendly
Reactions: Annb and shelley262

aylalake

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Being told “Oh go on, one won’t hurt you!”.
Conversely, the food police.
Hi everyone, so I’ve just been diagnosed with pre diabetes and looking for advice on what to eat and where to go for menu plans so any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
Welcome! This thread is a good place to start by reading what everyone else is eating.

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Coffee and cream x 2
Coffee and unsweetened almond milk
Keto 'panda' Roll with cheese and tomato with butter
Dairy Free Keto Chocolate cake 1 small slice
Smoked salmon
Beef and tomato

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I know I said I wouldn't have any more bread, so what did I do this morning? Yup! You guessed it. A thick slice of wholemeal bread, toasted. Idiot! I did take a reasonable amount of insulin to cover it, but really, I mean, how daft can I get? That was how I broke my fast.
Bread? Did you say bread? It's not doing you any good, you know.
Why not give the rest away? While it's lurking in your fridge, it 'll keep whispering "Eat me, Eat me".

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and an Aldi protein bar.
Dinner: avocado with prawns, mayo and coleslaw.

2023-11-10 18.55.57.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, slices of avocado, seasoned with black pepper and a wedge of Berkswell ewe's milk cheese.
Water to swallow tablet.
Double espresso.

L: Packed lunch made with leftover walnut and mushroom nut roast.
Lettuce, Romano peppers, celery sticks and baby plum tomatoes with a dollop of home-made mayonnaise.
Almonds, hazelnuts.
Water to drink.
Strawberries to round off lunch.

Mid-afternoon black filter coffee.

D: Smoked salmon and cream cheese salad made with lettuce, celery, baby plum tomatoes, lemon verbena, salad onions and mustard cress, dressed with olive oil and a touch of lemon juice, topped with toasted pumpkin seeds.
Water to swallow tablets.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome @Mazzab64 this thread is a good place to start, there’s are lots of tips and good recipe ideas plus I find that posting my food here daily keeps me accountable ( to myself).
Had a late substantial breakfast of scrambled eggs on toasted SRSLY seedy bread. Then off to watch DIL’s graduation ceremony in Truro Cathedral. A lovely occasion and venue but so cold.
Evening meal in a tapas place nearby: olives, chilli king prawns, braised pigs cheek, lamb with pomegranate seeds& sour cream, some lovely spicy chorizo. Just water to drink. Photo of the lamb dish and some of the prawns. It all arrived in dribs and drabs so couldn’t get a complete photo.
IMG_3648.jpg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've decided I really like the effect of the cold water swimming (if not on my BG, it's a bit wild too wild for my tastes), so tomorrow I'm gifting myself neoprene socks and gloves, which should make the swimming doable even if the water gets colder than the current 9.5°C! :joyful:

The neoprene hands and feet will make a big difference. Hope you managed to get some today. I wear the feet even in summer to protect from weaver fish which lurk in the wet sand.
To stay vaguely on topic, I’m now home and have finished eating for today but enjoying a glass of red by the fire.