What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a full nights sleep which i needed a whole 7 hours feels like I've had a luxury holiday...Charlie seems a bit perkier today hoping the anti-inflammatories continue to work...the sun is streaming in through the curtains looks like a lovely day ahead...coffee is brewing forgot FBG will do later...keep safe everyone

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a horrible day for your family. Hugs for the memories.
Thank you - it was a horrible day, but if course not just for us. We went to a church service for the firemen lost that day and met a lady who had lost both her husband and brother.

We were stuck in New York for over a week. I have a very vivid memory of sitting in the departure lounge at the airport. There were huge TV screens around the room and you can probably guess what was showing on them - the aircraft hitting the twin towers over and over again.

Then a security expert was interviewed and explained all the precautions they were taking to make flying safe. At the end of the interview she was asked 'would you fly at the moment'. 'No way ' she replied. It would been funny if we hadn't been so petrified..

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Popeye seems to be getting his fur winter coat. It is all thick and very soft.

Anyway, painting in Procreate today. I had watched a tutorial a couple days ago. And I was going to watch it again when I was doing it. But I thought nah, see if you can remember...and I did!

It starts out filling in your layer with black, then finding the noise setting, and repeatedly doing it until you have this pixelated effect of colours, and then finding other settings where you can stretch the height, so in the end you come up with lines of colours, and so on. And then there is another setting where you put your finger on the coloured lines and you end up with these gorgeous 'marbles' emerging....

But I overstretched on the bottom right exposing the layer underneath, and thought I would be able to work over it later, but that didn't go as planned. So I got two of my tree paintings from last few days, and inserted them in a layer underneath. It looks odd and out of place, but hey I learnt a lot with this!

Now going in my garden to sort out the rearranging that wind did in the night...

View attachment 43962
A Psychedelic forest, a delightful splash of colour and imagination in your art today.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a full nights sleep which i needed a whole 7 hours feels like I've had a luxury holiday...Charlie seems a bit perkier today hoping the anti-inflammatories continue to work...the sun is streaming in through the curtains looks like a lovely day ahead...coffee is brewing forgot FBG will do later...keep safe everyone
Nothing beats a good nights sleep everything seems much better :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great bit of experimental art - reminds me of oil paints drizzled onto water or however that is done.
Thank you @dunelm
Are you talking about marbling? To create end pages for book binding? Loads books had that when I was a child. I experimented then with brown wrapping paper, water, but I have no idea what paints I used to float on the water.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sleep is good!
Have a relaxing day @HarryBeau
:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Fbg 6.8..sun, sea, sangria...nuff said.

A lazy glorious day again, yesterday.

Sat, ate, drank, swam, sunbathed, repeated hourly
Dr JJ's prescription for some respite from an awful year.

Schoolboy error...
Went to beach no treats for cats...doh
Still had this little chap, forgive us and clamber up for strokes & cuddles, instead..xx

IMG_20200912_191025~01.jpg
IMG_20200912_191306~01.jpg

And this one ambushed us at supermarket.
Kisses & cuddles before realising we were cat poor in treats..

IMG_20200912_193841~01.jpg

And for the more doggie orientated

Rush hour traffic grinds to a halt in Turunc

IMG_20200912_184424~01.jpg

2/3 dogs seem to endlessly patrol the promenade..

Big dogs, but so friendly.
IMG_20200911_182450~01.jpg
IMG_20200911_182632~01.jpg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all.

Fbg 6.8..sun, sea, sangria...nuff said.

A lazy glorious day again, yesterday.

Sat, ate, drank, swam, sunbathed, repeated hourly
Dr JJ's prescription for some respite from an awful year.

Schoolboy error...
Went to beach no treats for cats...doh
Still had this little chap, forgive us and clamber up for strokes & cuddles, instead..xx

View attachment 43971 View attachment 43972

And this one ambushed us at supermarket.
Kisses & cuddles before realising we were cat poor in treats..

View attachment 43973

And for the more doggie orientated

Rush hour traffic grinds to a halt in Turunc

View attachment 43974

2/3 dogs seem to endlessly patrol the promenade..

Big dogs, but so friendly.
View attachment 43975 View attachment 43976
Another masterpiece from our resident travel correspondent.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Lest I forget. Whilst His Lardship is busy posturing, remember a generation of real patriots who perished actually fighting for this country. Ben P died this day in 1916:
P****, B., L/Corporal, Bedfordshire Regiment.
He was mobilised at the outbreak of war in August 1914, and was immediately drafted to the Western Front, where he fought in the Retreat from Mons and also took part in the Battles of the Marne, Festubert and Loos and other engagements. He was reported missing, and is believed to have been killed in action on September 13th, 1916. He was entitled to the Mons Star, and General Service and Victory Medals. Buried Guillemont Road Cemetery, Guillemont, Somme, France. "A costly sacrifice upon the altar of freedom."

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Yes that's what is said but I had the antibody test 3 and a half months after I had coronavirus what would be of use if they would test all the people that had antibodies again but I don't seem to be able to get another test . I don't even mind paying for a test but that doesn't appear to be an option either .
NB.
Apparently, checking T cells to Covid is not an easy test and assessment is difficult.
D.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wasn't sure whether to post this art. Done for friends in Oz who work as advocates for domestic abuse situations.

If the mods think it is inappropriate here then feel free to remove it.

I will add that if you or someone you know suffer as a victim of abuse you can call Refuge on 0808 2000 247, you can also get immediate help and protection by dialling 999.

View attachment 43979
It would be outrageous to see this as inappropriate IMHO. Thread is full on chat and Domestic Abuse must adversely impact so many things including bg. Good on you Sir.

Reactions: jjraak

lindisfel

Expert
Such men didn't give way to self interest or not keeping their word.

What kind of example are the current leaders setting the young?

Lest I forget. Whilst His Lardship is busy posturing, remember a generation of real patriots who perished actually fighting for this country. Ben P died this day in 1916:
P****, B., L/Corporal, Bedfordshire Regiment.
He was mobilised at the outbreak of war in August 1914, and was immediately drafted to the Western Front, where he fought in the Retreat from Mons and also took part in the Battles of the Marne, Festubert and Loos and other engagements. He was reported missing, and is believed to have been killed in action on September 13th, 1916. He was entitled to the Mons Star, and General Service and Victory Medals. Buried Guillemont Road Cemetery, Guillemont, Somme, France. "A costly sacrifice upon the altar of freedom."

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Modifies the starch content. Works for me.
Have made something similar in the past, using spring onions, there should be sufficient butter incuded to produce delicious golden puddles.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wasn't sure whether to post this art. Done for friends in Oz who work as advocates for domestic abuse situations.

If the mods think it is inappropriate here then feel free to remove it.

I will add that if you or someone you know suffer as a victim of abuse you can call Refuge on 0808 2000 247, you can also get immediate help and protection by dialling 999.

View attachment 43979

This is good. Very effective poster @Alien Aspie