What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Before heading out kefir and two boiled eggs with LC buttered roll
Dinner when back cold leftover roast chicken with salads then warmed chocolate orange brownie with cream.
So much rain today - river looks like it's rising fast and it never seemed to get fully light. Made me think about getting our tree and decorations done soon if only for the cheery fairy lights. However will have to wait for a short dry spell as we grow our tree in the garden in a pot and bring it in to decorate and light it up - it's currently likely to be heavy and waterlogged! Mind you - may not need to water it for a bit.it's had a fair bit of new growth this spring and summer and looking very healthy.

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs topped with a knob of butter, avocado and four tiger prawns, with a good grinding of black pepper.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Blue cheese stir-fry using pointed cabbage, Blue Stilton, chestnut mushrooms, onion, thyme, double cream and a touch of white wine vinegar, topped with parsley.
Steamed French beans and mangetout with toasted pine nuts.
Skipped pud.
Water to drink.

D: Seafood salad made with crab, brown shrimps, lettuce, apple peel, celery, baby plum tomatoes and mustard cress with a dollop of home-made aioli for dipping, topped with parsley and toasted almonds.
Water to swallow tablets.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B -Glass of kefir, then broke my own rule about looking at the Keto Chef site before 2nd breakfast. Spent far too much.
L- 2 big mushrooms topped with cheese and fried egg
D- chicken and mushroom pie using fat head dough for pie crust. (I noticed the Coop has the baking Camemberts back in stock 2 for £6 and you get these very useful little ramekins with it. Ideal size for pie for 1, plant pot drip holder or a myriad other uses). Served with a few tired broccoli florets and green beans.
IMG_3778.jpg

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a carb killa bar.
Dinner, quick one today after a troublesome follow up this afternoon after my foot surgery. Unfortunately it’s not healing as it should so I have to go back Thursday to have a plaster cast put on :( So soft boiled eggs with marmite soldiers made from halloumi chips!

2023-12-04 19.06.14.jpeg

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: ff greek with 8 blackberries and seeds.
Exercise class followed by coffee with friends ( I had herbal tea)
L 2 slices cheese on toast using livlife, cwc, 1 sq 85%
Mid afternoon 2 sqs hm lc coffee walnut cake.
D: 2 cheese and ham roll ups. 2 scoops coffee ice cream. 1 small brandy.

Not feeling so good. Might just be stress, but have temperature

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B -Glass of kefir, then broke my own rule about looking at the Keto Chef site before 2nd breakfast. Spent far too much.
L- 2 big mushrooms topped with cheese and fried egg
D- chicken and mushroom pie using fat head dough for pie crust. (I noticed the Coop has the baking Camemberts back in stock 2 for £6 and you get these very useful little ramekins with it. Ideal size for pie for 1, plant pot drip holder or a myriad other uses). Served with a few tired broccoli florets and green beans. View attachment 64736
Hope my order is still safe. :D The faux mincemeat traybake is spiffing. Oh, the scones, blueberry muffins and lemon drizzle are splendiferous as well. imho of course.
Tea and red fox cheese for tablets
CWC
KC Mortadella roll and Adonis bar
Some chicken and turkey with reduced S N S Tommy K, water.
Low carb. low cals. low energy day. Would have been my dad's 91st birthday and 94 yo MIL living here made life a tad ouchy for me. Laid a wreath on the grave "back home" - more ouchy. Did buy a whole salmon on sale and pick up grandchildren in Cambs so food really not needed today and LC wouldn't cut it for me. 4 yo Granddaughter had done walk for a hospice, was hungry and needed cuddles - me too. No amount of keto chef would come close.

Last edited:

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Granddaughter had done walk for a hospice, was hungry and needed cuddles - me too.
Dinner, quick one today after a troublesome follow up this afternoon after my foot surgery. Unfortunately it’s not healing as it should so I have to go back Thursday to have a plaster cast put on :(
Cuddles and hugs available in abundance. Needed for very different kinds of sad, but I'm sure you can still share the ones I send:

1701722133838.png

@DJC3 that Parmesan Cream would be great with shredded sprouts I imagine and make them less “sprouty”!
Thanks for the idea!
That's what I'm going to do with my sprouts today. :hungry:
I managed to cook a proper meal again today. :joyful:
Fried the burger with onion and two old mushrooms, and put a slice of cheese on top as well, and some raw onion.
I cut the sprouts in half to make them absorb more cream. Found out the cream in my fridge had grown some mould, but I still had a herby type of cream cheese so it didn't matter.
It's a good thing I don't believe in such a thing as too much cheese, I was happily grating away my parmesan without thinking, and then decided to use it all because, why not? :hilarious:

I think the cream isn't too mouldy to make some dogs and cats very happy tomorrow, it's only on the edge of the tub. :cat:

1701722859438.png

shelley262

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Skipped lunch.
Dinner, quick one today after a troublesome follow up this afternoon after my foot surgery. Unfortunately it’s not healing as it should so I have to go back Thursday to have a plaster cast put on :( So soft boiled eggs with marmite soldiers made from halloumi chips!

View attachment 64737
Sorry to hear this hope plastercast helps it to heal but no doubt will harder to move around sending healing hugs your way

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Skipped lunch.

View attachment 64737
Hopefully the plaster cast won't have to stay on too long. A pain in the neck as well as the foot, having to hobble around with a weight on the end of your leg.

JenniferM55

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Missed logging my meals yesterday.

Breakfast yesterday and today was the same, 2 rashers of bacon, 2 eggs, with a mozzarella chaffle.

Yesterday's dinner we had shepherds pie topped with creamed swede.

Today's dinner was roast beef, steamed carrots, French beans and gravy made with a smidgeon of cornflour.

For snacks yesterday and today was a handful of pecan and walnuts, G&Ts, and cocoa whizzed with cream.

jessj

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry that you're frustatingly not healing too well & need a pot, @Rachox, do hope that takes some pressure off & helps it along. Take it easy.

Reading about chaffles on here, thank you, @JenniferM55, I bought a waffler from Asda. Luckily, it was on offer at £10, not much to lose if I'm not keen, but...made my first tonight & it was rather good, even if I say so myself. I used equal lupin & almond flour, Cheddar & a dollop of Philly, pepper & onion granules. They are now on my menu. :hungry:

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Em came in this morning at 6.30 wrapped in a blanket. Her Dad said she wasn't feeling well and might not go to school. I had serous words with her about dodging school but she still said she was coughing and sneezing, her nose was blicked and she felt "just ill". Couldn't put her finger on it. No fever but said she was feeling cold. She's still in bed. No school today. She took a cup of tea but isn't hungry. We'll see how she goes.

Sausage, bacon and egg for breakfast.

Coq-a-leekie soup for later.

saky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast - 70 grams peanuts& cashew nuts. 2 cups almond milk coffee.
Snack - 30grams peanuts with almond milk coffee
Lunch - roasted tofu, avocado salad, spinach& brocoli soup, peanuts, grilled brinjal, egg curry.
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 7.27.39 PM.jpeg
Dinner - spinach & brocoli soup, salad, tofu fry, peanuts-35g, almond milk coffee.
WhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 8.48.42 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-12-05 at 8.48.58 PM.jpeg

filly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spicy food which is too hot. Nasty people who have no idea on your life journey but feel the need to comment and be cruel.
Well, not the best day. One of those days where I have had too much to get through, grabbing food on the way.
Coffee and cream x 2
Cottage cheese and tomatoes.
Peanut butter.
Clotted cream and more tomatoes.
Ham and red pepper.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for @Rachox and Em via @Annb.
Keto chef order arrived so knock yourselves out.
Tea, Fattbar cookie and Simmental terrine for tablet time
Adonis bar and CWC mid morning
KC multi seed roll - with chicken and Tommy K - don't judge me - and water as lunch
2 Advent calendar cheeses , 30 gms combined - because I could
Meatballs in passata and a KC bagel. May try some new 99% choc later
Been good to keep in touch with people and meet new ones. I wish KC and NLCK had been around 8 years ago when I started this as my winters may have been less of a pain for all concerned - I mainly ate mackerel salad.

Last edited:

Rachox

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you everyone for your hugs and best wishes, it’s comforting to receive them.

Skipped lunch.
Dinner: salmon fillet with Hollandaise sauce, cauliflower, broccoli and carrots.

2023-12-05 19.15.12.jpeg

LivingLightly

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Evening all

Today:

B: Two poached eggs with a knob of butter and avocado, seasoned with black pepper plus a wedge of Gorwydd Caerphilly.
Water to swallow tablet.
Espresso.

L: Salmon fillets baked with broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms, double cream and lemon verbena.
Steamed carrot batons and French beans smothered with butter.
Water to drink.
Skipped pud.

D: Seafood salad using tiger prawns, brown shrimps, lettuce, baby plum tomatoes, celery, Romano peppers, Kalamata olives, mint and salad onions, dressed with an olive oil, balsamic and garlic vinaigrette, topped with roasted macadamia nuts.
Water to swallow tablets.