The CONTOUR NEXT LINK’s most unique feature is that it is able to communicate directly with compatible Medtronic insulin pumps and CGMs.
This is far from the meter’s only feature though and has load of other features that make testing and recording your blood sugar levels easier.
Another key feature is the USB connection on the meter itself which means you can plug the meter straight into a USB port on your laptop or computer to both charge the meter and to upload and analyse your blood glucose results.
The CONTOUR NEXT LINK meets the 2013 ISO standards for blood glucose meter accuracy.
- Communicates wirelessly with compatible insulin pumps and CGMs
- Colour screen
- Has a USB plug so can plug in directly to a computer to transfer data
- Second-Chance™ sampling allows extra blood to be added during the test
- Add meal markers and other notes such as activity, stress, sickness
- Can add how much time after a meal you ate
- 7, 14, 30 and 90 day trends and averages for fasting, pre-meal, post-meal and all results
- Set testing reminders
- Test strip port light allows testing in the dark
- ‘?’ icon provides easy to understand help on the meter itself –preventing you from needing to go through the manual
Great for data
The CONTOUR NEXT LINK is a great meter to have if you have Medtronic pump or CGM device, not just because it sends results to those devices but because it handles the other parts of data management really well.
Transfer of data to computers is easy within the USB connection and the data can be reviewed with either Bayer’s GLUCOFACTS DELUXE software or with Medtronic’s CareLink Personal Therapy Management software.
The meter also has a strong number of review features on the meter itself, allowing you to review a range of trends. The CONTOUR NEXT USB gives you the chance to review a range of averages and also lets you view how many of your results are above your target blood sugar range and how many results have been below the target range.
This helps you with reviewing whether you may need to adjust any insulin doses.
Medtronic device compatibility
The CONTOUR NEXT LINK is compatible with the following Medtronic devices:
- MiniMed Paradigm Veo insulin pump
- MiniMed Paradigm REAL-Time insulin pump and CGM
- Guardian®REAL-Time CGM system
- Blood sample size: 0.6 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Memory: 1,000 results
- Averages: 7, 14, 30 and 90 days –including pre meal, post meal, fasting and all results
- Dimensions: 97 x 31 x 18 mm
- Weight: 43g
- Battery: Non-serviceable, 250mAh rechargeable lithium polymer battery, 3.4V – 4.2V (5V input voltage)
- Meter/Battery life: 5 years
- Charging current: 300 mA
- Measurement range: 1.1 to 33.3 mmol/L
- Operating temperature: 5 to 45 °C
- Storage temperature: 9 to 30 °C
- Relative humidity: 10 – 93%