The OneTouch Verio Flex blood glucose monitoring system is the new generation of their OneTouch Verio meter, and there is a lot to be admired about the innovative system.
A significant benefit of the OneTouch Verio Flex is the way it makes blood glucose testing simple and results easy to understand. The big, easy-to-read numbers on screen makes viewing your results easy; it also has a 500 test memory.
A Bluetooth Smart wireless technology feature connects the OneTouch Verio Flex to the OneTouch Reveal mobile app, which allows you to view your results, and share them with healthcare professionals.
Connecting with the OneTouch Reveal mobile app
The OneTouch Reveal app works as a diabetes management tool and can help to track your blood sugar results from a compatible iOS or Android wireless device.
Once downloaded and paired with your meter, the app allows you to gain meaningful insights into your diabetes care and easily share your readings with your healthcare professional, letting you stay on track between doctor visits.
The OneTouch Reveal app also provides simple and colourful visuals of your blood sugar results. High and low blood sugar patterns can be detected, and reminders can be set for when to test and when to take insulin or other medication.
The Range Indicator feature
A main feature of the OneTouch Verio Flex is the Range Indicator.
This automatically informs you if your current result is below, above or within your range limits It works by displaying the current result with a Range Indicator Arrow, which then points to a corresponding colour below the meter display (blue for below range, green for in range and red for above range).
Using the Range Indicator Arrow and Colour Bar together makes interpreting your results easier to understand.
Additional OneTouch Verio Flex features
- Connection with mobile app enables you to add events to your results – such as food, exercise or other medication
- At 52.0mm (W) x 86.0mm (L) x 16.0mm (T), the Verio Flex is a good size to easily carry around
- Meets the current ISO standards for result accuracy
- Results are shown in 5 seconds after testing
- Blood sample size: 0.4 microlitres
- Time to result: 5 seconds
- Reported result range: 1.1-33.3 mmol/L
- Memory: 500 test results
- Battery: one replaceable 3.0 Volt CR2032 lithium coin cell battery (or equivalent)
- Dimensions: 52.0 (W) x 86.0 (L) x 16.0 (T) mm
- Weight: approximately 50g